Has stunlocking been addressed?

afupia

Rotfl. This is the most retarded thing i've ever read. It's like blaming a **** victim because they were *****. Well done, sir!

No, sir.

It is more like big, fat turkey that walks its way into a shooting range with a bright neon sign flashing, "I'm the most obvious, stupidly easy target for you", on a Thanksgiving day.

Here's a tip -- don't do that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In his cynical,condescend way Kweassa has a point there. I often find myself blowing knock back CD(or mass mezz etc) just to peel melee of a stunned team mate. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't, but it never hurts ;). From having this debate over and over again I gathered that people are not upset about stuns as much as being stunned into death (if you know what I mean). This is most often a team play problem either because match making does a piss poor job in balancing the teams or one team's players plain suck :cool:. Another thing responsible for this (but this is just my own opinion) is that the TTK its just too short. Yes I've said that before and i'll keep saying until I'll change my opinion :D.

I'm willing to agree that being stunned to death, literal, can cause some frustration but that the way things are now. Deal with it. Or not!

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

I addressed 'stunlocking' with my brains.

End of story.

(ps)

1. Almost all classes have equal number of crowd control in their arsenal. .

Yes. A stun that breaks on damage is completely equivalent to a stun that doesn't.

All stuns work like Force Choke, don't they? :)

2. Assuming equal numbers, if the enemy uses multiple stuns against ONE of your teammates, that means the rest of your team is getting hit by less stuns. It is the immediate duty for those around the stunned player, that are NOT stunned, to take measures to deal with the situation -- whether deal it directly by (1) cleansing the stun, or indirectly by (2) healing the stunned/focused person to keep him alive, (3) attack or reverse-stun the enemies that have stunned your teammate, etc..

3. Simply put, the typical, disorganized and short/near-sighted PuG players with target fixation show very slow/low levels of tactical response to enemy behavior -- and this is the no.1 reason for "stun-lock deaths" --- not because of the number of stuns around.

4. In other words, people get stun-locked to death because they suck. Stop blaming the game for your own faults.

Correct. Points 2-4 illustrates nicely why we need to separate premades from pugs.

But of course, then this guy doesn't get any cheap wins anymore, can't brag how leet he is, and would actually have to work for his commendations.

We can't have that, right? ;)

Edited by Totaltrash

4. In other words, people get stun-locked to death because they suck. Stop blaming the game for your own faults.

Or because they want to be Rambo, and this is a fly in their peck-ointment.

Ray Tango doesn't like it either though. Teammates also suck when they allow caps while you absorbed three straight stuns... PuG Life!!!!!!! 4-EVA

I dont have issue with being stunned through death by an organized team using coordinated stuns, and focus tactics.....That said, I have a huge problem with being chain stunned to death by a random bunch of people with no coordination just dropping stuns on CD. I believe the New resolve system has allowed that to happen to a frequency that is not uncommon. That IMO is an issue and Hence I have named the new resolve change "CC for Dummies".

There are all types of tangents and counter arguements about how to avoid it blah blah blah...Not my point...Point is chain stunning happens by accident because the new system design is favored to uncoordninated play.

Ironically They also made it much easier for coordinated teams to CC targets for considerably longer durations. All as a side effect of trying to stop People from resolve capping in HB.....Funny stuff...Change an entire game mechanic because of bad player choices in one WZ.....Awesome :)

Edited by Soljin

If your gaming experience is being ruined by stunlock, it's probably because you suck. If you play smarter, you won't have five guys pounding on you constantly while you're locked up. Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. If you're melee, while it's problematic, you probably have enough survival skills to escape away or buy time to move before you get locked up and zerged. L2P smart and not being a mashing meathead.

I addressed 'stunlocking' with my brains.

End of story.

(ps)

1. Almost all classes have equal number of crowd control in their arsenal.

2. Assuming equal numbers, if the enemy uses multiple stuns against ONE of your teammates, that means the rest of your team is getting hit by less stuns. It is the immediate duty for those around the stunned player, that are NOT stunned, to take measures to deal with the situation -- whether deal it directly by (1) cleansing the stun, or indirectly by (2) healing the stunned/focused person to keep him alive, (3) attack or reverse-stun the enemies that have stunned your teammate, etc..

3. Simply put, the typical, disorganized and short/near-sighted PuG players with target fixation show very slow/low levels of tactical response to enemy behavior -- and this is the no.1 reason for "stun-lock deaths" --- not because of the number of stuns around.

1. that is just a lie that anyone that can count would be able to see through.

2. yep in a perfect world that would work that way....but swtor pvp is not a perfect world

3. other than when it is

4. in other words " I never put back on my recruit gear and play .....but if I did I would show you its all about skill"

Edited by Hexdoll

I don't think stunlocking is what you should be speaking. I know Bioware wants you to feel heroic in this game but like a few have stated above 3v1 or more you really should die unless you have an AE stun and invis to escape as best you can. What I will say is this game is one of the worst PvP games I have played when it comes to CC. There is truely just too much of it.

Resolve has shown to not be a good mechanic to manage it and the types of CC dispensed to each class. I know they recently adjusted how Resolve works and changed how some CC is applied but at the end it is still just too much. To many AoE and ranged snares ans stuns, knockbacks, pulls and other abilities that do not seem to translate well in PvP.

I think if a person can endure a full stun, snare, incapacitate, or root (just to name a few) you should become immune to that type of CC for 20 to 30 seconds. Warhammer had major problems with CC in the beginning and seemed to settle on that type of system which did improve PvP quality gameplay to a degree. Regardless of class, everyone is impacted by CC to various degrees and probably felt that there is just too much of it.

I still PvP and deal with being CC'd. But this latest change seemed to really have no impact on PvP gameplay or quality of it. Being a melee DPS class I specially feel the pain of CC. I don't want anyone to get nerfed, I just want a better mechanism to control how CC work in PvP combat.

If your gaming experience is being ruined by stunlock, it's probably because you suck. If you play smarter, you won't have five guys pounding on you constantly while you're locked up. Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. If you're melee, while it's problematic, you probably have enough survival skills to escape away or buy time to move before you get locked up and zerged. L2P smart and not being a mashing meathead.

Kenny Rogers ladies and gents......

No one said its ruined, Its just a stupid change that caters towards PuGs.

I'm a tank, I want 5 people pounding on me, but previously it was pretty hard to stunlock. Now it pays to overlap stuns, and when I really get going with all the taunts/debuff/peeling, Imps get pissed off, stunlock, and focus me before they will a healer in a PuG.

So instead of having to be smart about using your stuns(i.e. not wasting them on someone already stunned), you now can be, how did you put it? "A (stun) mashing meathead" without penalty. I specifically "try" to stunlock. That's bad... Yeah it's opinion, but I feel my tank is more squishy now, and its because of possible stunlocking. Basically players are subject to an additional stun now...

More CC in PvP?:rolleyes:

Whatever....

I don't think stunlocking is what you should be speaking. I know Bioware wants you to feel heroic in this game but like a few have stated above 3v1 or more you really should die unless you have an AE stun and invis to escape as best you can. What I will say is this game is one of the worst PvP games I have played when it comes to CC. There is truely just too much of it.

Resolve has shown to not be a good mechanic to manage it and the types of CC dispensed to each class. I know they recently adjusted how Resolve works and changed how some CC is applied but at the end it is still just too much. To many AoE and ranged snares ans stuns, knockbacks, pulls and other abilities that do not seem to translate well in PvP.

I think if a person can endure a full stun, snare, incapacitate, or root (just to name a few) you should become immune to that type of CC for 20 to 30 seconds. Warhammer had major problems with CC in the beginning and seemed to settle on that type of system which did improve PvP quality gameplay to a degree. Regardless of class, everyone is impacted by CC to various degrees and probably felt that there is just too much of it.

I still PvP and deal with being CC'd. But this latest change seemed to really have no impact on PvP gameplay or quality of it. Being a melee DPS class I specially feel the pain of CC. I don't want anyone to get nerfed, I just want a better mechanism to control how CC work in PvP combat.

Rift uses a diminishing returns system and CC is not the problem in their pvp