Well, just resubbed.

tiennen

Welcome back! Mercenary or PowerTech?

I was Powertech. I like tanking a lot. Prolly just gonna reroll though and get the full experience again. I didnt like my old PT that much--due to customization options chosen when creating him.

Edited by tiennen

Thank you. I really missed this game, only quit playing it because all of my friends REFUSED, flat out REFUSED to play it.

**** my friends, im playing it anyways.

I can really understand this mindset seeing as I've been there too, but I'm glad to see it didn't keep you from playing anyway, just as it didn't for me.

**** my friends, im playing it anyways.

yeah, my small group of friends ended up unsubbing not long before the Rakghoul event. i just waved goodbye and found myself a new guild. sorry, but i like this game way too much to follow them to WoW. i don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

Just figured I'd pop back in and see how this thread is doing.

My friends still flat out refuse to play this game, or even try it.

My ruthless Bounty Hunter is just about done with Hutta (Haven'd had much free time in the past few days, lol).

I was the same a month or so after launch, my rl friends and other guildies went back to WoW but I stuck with TOR.

I much prefer it.

Good to see you made the right choice in the end lol

Edited by PalihoJ

I think that's more common than we usually would believe. MMO's are built around a community of friends through guilds. You can play them as a solo player but the experience is lacking.

One of my best friend's guild came over from wow but 3 people in that guild wouldn't play this after the first month and decided they were going back. It didn't take long for the rest of the guild to leave because they are a group and the attraction of playing together was stronger than the allure of any single game.

I'm the opposite. I love a strong guild but I play for my own reasons too. I have 50's on 3 different servers now (it was more pre-merger) and I'm always willing to re-roll to find the server community that I want because once I find them I can find a guild too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a lot of people coming back now. WoW has showed their hand with the Panda's, GW2 is no longer the 'perfect' MMO and people are bleeding out of it quickly, and there really isn't anything imminent on the market.