My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

THE TRUTH IS REVEALED!!!! These people are just afraid they'll lose loot!!!!!!!!!!

So funny.

Hey bro, let me tell you as a pretty hardcore RIFT player. You'll get all your loot just as fast as everyone else. People will not ninja your precious loot.

Get over yourself.

Their arguments always come down to pure selfishness in the end. Either they want less competition for loot, or they want less competition for group slots. That's why they rely on nonsense arguments like "choices should matter!" instead of telling you what they really think.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude how can you say its hard to quest as a healer? you do some damage, heal yourself do some more damage heal yourself. your invinsible against mobs. im a pure healer sage. i pvp just fine, i FP and i quest and im loving it i have not seen the need to change. if you want dual spec go play wow. either that or suck it up and play rpg's how there meant to be played. you don't see people who play dungeons and dragons complaining that it costs to much for them to respect do you so get on with it.

THE TRUTH IS REVEALED!!!! These people are just afraid they'll lose loot!!!!!!!!!!

So funny.

Hey bro, let me tell you as a pretty hardcore RIFT player. You'll get all your loot just as fast as everyone else. People will not ninja your precious loot.

Get over yourself.

I lost a cunning/endurance/crit chest piece to some brainless force user on my agent. Man I sure wish we didn't have dual spec so they can take my loot....oh wait...lololol. I mean its only the people who want respeccing/dual spec who are ******* right? Least according to that dude you quoted =P

dude how can you say its hard to quest as a healer? you do some damage, heal yourself do some more damage heal yourself. your invinsible against mobs. im a pure healer sage. i pvp just fine, i FP and i quest and im loving it i have not seen the need to change. if you want dual spec go play wow. either that or suck it up and play rpg's how there meant to be played. you don't see people who play dungeons and dragons complaining that it costs to much for them to respect do you so get on with it.

Who play's D&D now day's! OMG are the dual spec people actually arguing with 13 year old D&D players?

Serious why would you care what I, ME, Myself Do with my toon.

Some people like to dps when they're not healing and do REAL dps not some pathetic healer build dps.

Why do you care?

This entire topic is a perfect example of how WoW completely destroyed the MMO genre. Anyone who played MMO's in the EQ/DAoC/Ultima days in any sort of serious fashion, looks back fondly on those times when there weren't millions of fanboy players who think they are "hardcore mmo" players because their arena team was ranked high in season X and they have their hard mode raid achievements.

The original concept of an MMO was to create a character that was meant to be a lasting investment of time, in a virtual world, adventuring and interacting on a social level with other players doing the same thing. The choices you made with that character were supposed to be lasting and important, there were no convenient respecs, hell there wasnt even a quest log (except the paper you kept next to your pc). While some of this is outdated yes, when people have to think harder and there are real consequences for the choices they make in creating and play their character, they generally develop into more skilled players, simply because they care that much more.

In general, the majority of WoW players who think they are "skilled" don't even compare to the level of skill demonstrated by "old players stuck in the 90's" as the fanboys like to say. I want to see a hardcore WoW player run one single EQ planar raid and be successful. The tears would be endless.

Not opposed to extremely high respec costs, maybe people should think their characters through before clicking OMG LIGHTSABERS.

I have a guild. Why the hell should I worry about loot? I also have a choice of players in my guild who all play a single role, and play it well. Have I heard any of them moaning about dual spec?? Nope.

You make your choices, why should you have the choice to play 2 roles when say an assassin/sniper/gunslinger/shadow/marauder etc ONLY have one choice?

If it bothers you that much don't subscribe, go back to Rift or pokepanda.

I care when I have to deal with some bad who just quick switched spec to tank for a faster queue time and has no idea how to even play that role.

That affects my play time as well as the other members of the group. Everyone says "I have other things to do outside of play this game." You think you'd be opposed to creating an environment where this situation becomes common then huh?

This entire topic is a perfect example of how WoW completely destroyed the MMO genre. Anyone who played MMO's in the EQ/DAoC/Ultima days in any sort of serious fashion, looks back fondly on those times when there weren't millions of fanboy players who think they are "hardcore mmo" players because their arena team was ranked high in season X and they have their hard mode raid achievements.

The original concept of an MMO was to create a character that was meant to be a lasting investment of time, in a virtual world, adventuring and interacting on a social level with other players doing the same thing. The choices you made with that character were supposed to be lasting and important, there were no convenient respecs, hell there wasnt even a quest log (except the paper you kept next to your pc). While some of this is outdated yes, when people have to think harder and there are real consequences for the choices they make in creating and play their character, they generally develop into more skilled players, simply because they care that much more.

In general, the majority of WoW players who think they are "skilled" don't even compare to the level of skill demonstrated by "old players stuck in the 90's" as the fanboys like to say. I want to see a hardcore WoW player run one single EQ planar raid and be successful. The tears would be endless.

Not opposed to extremely high respec costs, maybe people should think their characters through before clicking OMG LIGHTSABERS.

HOW DOES CHANGING SPECS RUIN YOUR CHARACTER? Please can someone answer this question.

Cause in Rift I had 5 specs and tanked and dps'd regularly and I felt my character was not ruined. In fact I enjoyed switching specs for variety sake.

I still played a cleric. My name was the same. I, me, myself was still playing the game behind my comp.

So once, again, why do you care what or how I play?

Once again, how does it destroy my toon? Isn't t that up to me to decide? Don't respec if you dont like it. Problem solved.

Honestly, you don't have to respec. You chose to respec.. It shouldn't be easy or cheap to flip flop back and forth between any spec as a single character. It straight out kills diversity in the game.

WoW has spoiled the masses. I made the decision to DPS this game KNOWING grouping would be hard, but I chose this path and will stick with it. I hope Bioware doesn't cave

Who play's D&D now day's! OMG are the dual spec people actually arguing with 13 year old D&D players?

Some people like to dps when they're not healing and do REAL dps not some pathetic healer build dps.

Why do you care?

well if people shouldn't care what other people think then why do people make threads about things that other people shouldn't care about and why are you commenting on things that you say people shouldn't care about

o and FYI im 17 i don't play dungeons and dragons...i have a life outside of rpgs. i still don't like dual spec, i never will being able to heal and dps is stupid if you want to heal you be a healer, if you want to dps you go dps if you want to tank, you go tank. if you want to dps and heal then you go hybrid same applies to tank/dps.

get a life, stop complaining you don't like it go somewhere else. play with your pandas :D

I care when I have to deal with some bad who just quick switched spec to tank for a faster queue time and has no idea how to even play that role.

That affects my play time as well as the other members of the group. Everyone says "I have other things to do outside of play this game." You think you'd be opposed to creating an environment where this situation becomes common then huh?

I played 5 spec in Rift perfectly. Maybe you're just bad at remembering hotkey's?

Don't group with someone then. Get a guild.

Serious get a guild if you don't want to play with pugs.

Serious get a guild if you dont want to play with pugs.

Really? Really? Yeah man wow has done it SOOOOO wrong that its only been the most successful mmo to date. I mean really man just look how much they suck. And I've been gaming all through all that crap. Grinding doesn't equal skill I'm sorry, times change

well if people shouldn't care what other people think then why do people make threads about things that other people shouldn't care about and why are you commenting on things that you say people shouldn't care about

o and FYI im 17 i don't play dungeons and dragons...i have a life outside of rpgs. i still don't like dual spec, i never will being able to heal and dps is stupid if you want to heal you be a healer, if you want to dps you go dps if you want to tank, you go tank. if you want to dps and heal then you go hybrid same applies to tank/dps.

get a life, stop complaining you don't like it go somewhere else. play with your pandas :D

Arguing with a kid who has never been in multiple MMO launches.

Yeah dude, your tiny bit of WOW experience really makes you a expert on the genre right?

Dual speccing does nothing to hurt the game. How others spec and or play is none of your business.

Edited by Meluna

I have a guild. Why the hell should I worry about loot? I also have a choice of players in my guild who all play a single role, and play it well. Have I heard any of them moaning about dual spec?? Nope.

You make your choices, why should you have the choice to play 2 roles when say an assassin/sniper/gunslinger/shadow/marauder etc ONLY have one choice?

If it bothers you that much don't subscribe, go back to Rift or pokepanda.

So will you be going back to WoW or Rift when dual specs are put in the game?

Then go back to Rift. This is SWTOR, it has one spec. I don't go in McDonalds asking for a family bucket and a pepsi fgs......

Actually we'll just get them to implement dual specs. I'll keep this thread top for the rest of your life.

Once they bleed subs from the horrible foundation this game is laid on. It's flaws are already starting to show.

Spending that much money on voice acting was the biggest mmo fail in a long time.

Here I'll give you a clue since I'm talking to kids on their first launch of a mmo..................90% of players spend 90% of their time at end game.........not questing. All that money was thrown at a portion of the game almost all players will quickly grow out of within 3 weeks.

Watch and learn.

Really? Really? Yeah man wow has done it SOOOOO wrong that its only been the most successful mmo to date. I mean really man just look how much they suck. And I've been gaming all through all that crap. Grinding doesn't equal skill I'm sorry, times change

WoW is the 'most popular' mmo to date because children have dumbed down so much more. and with that games have dumbed down to accomadate those children. A true mmorpg is about the storyline, the choices you can make, the actions that can change your characters place in the world. wow had none of that wow was all about grinding to end game, playing raids which a 2 year old could do and then calling yourself hardcore. It may have sold the most copies and have the most active subscribtions but it is definitley not the best mmo ever made. only a 13 year old would say that and thats only because thats what they grew up with. games need to revert back to the old styles otherwise they are just going to lose customers as children become more aware of what they are playing they will get bored of pandas,

O and this is star wars, star wars is old, therefor this game appeals to alot of older people,

Then go back to Rift. This is SWTOR, it has one spec. I don't go in McDonalds asking for a family bucket and a pepsi fgs......

Yeah man, lets not have features that the main stream expects to be in your product. Going by you it'd be like going to Mcdonalds and not being served a drink. Its bring your own, have to go the xtra mile to quench your thirst.

What are you going to do in a few months when dual spec is implemented?

You'd have to go pretty far back to find an MMO that's ancient enough to be so restrictive.

Here's hoping FFXI and Everquest keep chugging along for a while longer so you and your buddies can all stay over there.

Hyperbole much?

Have any proof of how many people nefariously switch specs just to sneak into a group in a role they do not intend to fulfill?

From a personal perspective, I've seen more people buy max level accounts and not know how to play them than I have people that had no idea whatsoever at how to heal someone and just swapped specs to circumvent a queue.

The more a human being does something, the better they become at it (even if it is in a very small marginality). It's a concept called practice, I am sure you are familiar with it.

With almost absolute certainty, someone who has played and leveled a character over many months, even years, who is set in a specific role with that character; will be a better player with that type of character than someone who either hit max level in one week (because the game is made for easymode masses) or constantly switches specs with that character to a polar opposite (dps to heals etc).

Of course WoW has been the most successful game, its tailored almost every single aspect of it's gameplay to cater to the masses who don't wish to become truly skilled or devote the time necessary to do so.

Arguing with a kid who has never been in multiple MMO launches.

Yeah dude, your tiny bit of WOW experience really makes you a expert on the genre right?

Dual speccing does nothing to hurt the game. How others spec and or play is none of your business.

o and i have been in more mmo launches than you have ate hot meals. and i played wow until i realised there was no story, an mmorpg needs a story wow dosn't have one.

Edited by Meluna

When you are two years into gathering rare items, achievements, collectibles (mounts, pets) and other things - plus, you have a server rep because many recognize your character's name - just rolling a new character to do the other role your advanced class is capable of seems very negative.

I completely understand the point between not allowing AC changing; however, dual spec in this day and time is an absolute necessity.

No, this is SWTOR and it has 3 spacs. It just costs money to switch. If they didn't want you to respec, they wouldn't have provided the vendor. The only thing you can infer from the costs is they may not have balanced the amount of money coming in vs. the reality of respecing.

This argument is hilarious. "Respecs should be hard." "Your decisions matter" "We shouldn't be able to respec on a whim". Are you people on drugs? Do you LIKE sitting in general spamming LFG because everyone is a DPS spec and can't afford to change to tank or heals?

This is a game. Grinding for credits just to pay for respecs and repairs is not fun. The only thing it will do is make credit selling for RL money more profitable. And that WILL destroy the game.

Some of you people need to get a grip.