My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

Except dual spec is coming. They want to add it to the game.

And the "just reroll" excuse is flawed. People play games to have fun, not to be told to simply pick up another class that they may not find entertaining, or complete the exact same content all over again just so they can heal/tank.

I know what they have said, and they have never said that dual spec is coming, and I doubt they will. And frankly it is people like you that kill MMOs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTB dual-spec.

This system is kinda old. Ones upone a time I was anti-dual-spec when it came to WoW. I had it in my mind that when you picked a class, you should go for it full and everything.

There wher no need for dual-spec.

But after a few other MMO's, last one Rift, I found out that I actually do miss dual-spec.

The way Rift has done it was really nice. But then again, they had so many skill trees that without dual-spec you would be lost.

With dual-spec you get more utility and freedom. You are no longer stuck doing 1 thing. It is nice to be able to change what you do.

1 day you heal, the next day one of your friends want to heal and you can tank.

It also makes it possible for more tanks and healers to be at hand so groups can form faster and more easy.

This. Rift got a lot of things right. They got some things wrong, but for the most part its good.

I know what they have said, and they have never said that dual spec is coming, and I doubt they will. And frankly it is people like you that kill MMOs.

People like me?

You mean people that want to play the game, and will forgive some obvious flaws if its fun for the most part?

I'm sorry that you're so short-sighted and hateful that you can't understand that its people like me that do kill MMOs.

By leaving when they're no longer fun.

Except dual spec is coming. They want to add it to the game.

And the "just reroll" excuse is flawed. People play games to have fun, not to be told to simply pick up another class that they may not find entertaining, or complete the exact same content all over again just so they can heal/tank.

The game is about fun, right.

But why is your fun more important than mine or the fun of anyone else? Many people saw what dual spec has done to the community at wow, you might didnt play wow - but we do know how bad such a system is.

I can only hope that they dont add it, its the worst thing ever in MMO history, together with xrealm queues.

Honestly... if you don't want to play a healer don't play a healer. I don't know when the whole respeccing for instances thing first started but I've (personally) never been a fan. Respecs should be for fixing your character, if we were meant to change back and forth they would have gone the route of allowing dual spec instead.

That is your opinion...that does not make it fact.

To true.

Im my opinion respeccing should be rare and expensive if you do it more than once or twice. As much as I like the versatility of a duel spec systems I don't think dual spec is a must have in game, and, when it is implemented, I don't think you should be able to swap specs from encounter to encounter, maybe it should have like a 1 hour cooldown or something. Playing Rift has made me realize that the ability to swap to any one of your large variety of specs whenever you want to takes a lot of fun out of the game.

The game is about fun, right.

But why is your fun more important than mine or the fun of anyone else? Many people saw what dual spec has done to the community at wow, you might didnt play wow - but we do know how bad such a system is.

I can only hope that they dont add it, its the worst thing ever in MMO history, together with xrealm queues.

You can't honestly say that Dual Spec is the worst thing ever.

How exactly does dual spec affect your fun in any way? If you don't want it, you don't have to use it.

You know I love the game but can't help but feel its mostly about single-player..with the mmorpg themes as more a support feature due to these outrageous prices for repair and respec. Edited by Krigan

Honestly, you don't have to respec. You chose to respec.. It shouldn't be easy or cheap to flip flop back and forth between any spec as a single character. It straight out kills diversity in the game.

I agree. That was the worst part about wow, you had some classes that would still take every piece of gear cuz they thought they could do everything.

You can't honestly say that Dual Spec is the worst thing ever.

How exactly does dual spec affect your fun in any way? If you don't want it, you don't have to use it.

So what you are saying is give certain players an advantage if they choose to take it?

Thats really balanced that is.

What you really mean is give it to us and thereby force the people who dont like it to use it simply so that they are on a level playing field.

Driz

Exactly which is fine for me since I like the story and single-player side but I did like the first flashpoint.

And I agree with above that flip flopping does make it less diverse..with wow I felt there was overkill on the freedom.

IF dual spec is implemented the very same people will no doubt be demanding tri-spec or even the ability to switch base class at level 50 to a n other class whilst retaining the level 50 status. They will say their time is precious and they should not be punished for wanting to experiment with other classes....

Yes, because that happened in other games with dual spec, too.

Oh wait...No, it didn't. You are creating fantasies here.

If-you-want-to-know-my-name-just-look-to-the-left

So what you are saying is give certain players an advantage if they choose to take it?

Thats really balanced that is.

What you really mean is give it to us and thereby force the people who dont like it to use it simply so that they are on a level playing field.

Driz

I'm still not seeing where the playing field isn't level. You can only have one spec at a time in either system.

One allows for convenient role switching, the other doesn't. I'm still not seeing a downside to this.

Dual spec doesn't automagically make someone able to *play* both specs. It just makes them available for use.

A crappy healer is still going to be a crappy healer no matter how many specs they have access to.

Then perhaps you are playing the wrong game.

Understand this: it will be addressed. He's playing the right game. ANY game will always need to allow for special circumstances concerning healers and to a lesser extent, tanks.

When the overwhelming majority of server populations roll DPS and there is content designed with healing classes in mind, you WILL see some eventual adjustments and incentives added in to encourage people to keep healing/tanking.

You guys never played wow....

How it does affect me? I told you this allready, it is very bad for the community. Dual spec did introduce ninja´s, people that didnt heal or tank until max lvl and then just respecced for faster queues, in general it was 1 of a few reasons why people became an "ego mode". You dont need anybody, so you can rob everybody.

Also keep in mind that dual spec, just like addons became a "must have" if you wanted to play the game. If you didnt had it, you got insulted and kicked out of groups. Find a guild that doesnt demand Dualspec, its impossible even on RP servers.

For me it is an essential feature of an MMO that you choose a char at lvl 1, maybe later a sub class and then this is your char.

Everything that happens in the game, every feature does always have some impact on the community. This is unfortunately a fact.

I am fine with dual spec at specific servers, but I dont want to meet people in the game like those that I mentioned, so leave some servers out of this and you get my vote. Until then, I dont want to see such a feature in this game - its on BW to decide now.

Vanilla wow was almost perfect, with TBC and especially wotlk it died.

Also I doubt that BW wants to make another wow. If they do, all the people that left wow will leave swtor too and I doubt that it could survive with the wow players alone, as they will go back there sooner or later.

Edited by RachelAnne

the problem with not having Duel specs isn't the ability to switch between heal/dps/tank in a PVE setting that's not really a huge problem just look for whatever you need

the main problem is switching between PVE and PVP specs this was always the killer for raiding guilds back in classic wow used to have one guy who played a Tank had to do it daily just to be able to do PVP cost a fortune

Honestly, you don't have to respec. You chose to respec.. It shouldn't be easy or cheap to flip flop back and forth between any spec as a single character. It straight out kills diversity in the game.

No, we had this 6 years ago.

If people go full tank or heal in order to get groups trough the dungeons, then that means they cant play that char solo anymore, which is BS and dual spec solved this issue once and for all.

There is no need to go back to having no tank and heal for groups/making their gameexperience miserable.

True story...

Next thing you know the same people will be demanding cross server LFD :(

Driz

And they will get it eventually :). This is due to Bioware copying a bad system which results in horrible dungeon and pvp queues.