My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being inflexible. You're spoilt by your ridiculous assumption that sticking to one thing makes your experience more enjoyable or somehow more meaningful, when it doesn't.

I bet you describe a 10 minute run across grassland as "exploration", too.

And you know this how ? How can you 'know it all' by stating that someone can't enjoy something the way they want to do it. I laugh at people like you, telling them that they don't enjoy doing something they enjoy doing. And 10 : 1 i know what type of server you rolled on, with that know-it-all attitude. Best to you, glad you're not on my server. Cheers :)

This is terrible. I have to go back to healing, and back to gunnery (dps) in order to heal some heroics and flashpoints. But when questing as a healer, ITS MISERABLY SLOW.

Make respecs like 10k credits max. I don't understand why you feel the need to charge outrageous sums of credits for a respec.

I mean if you aren't going to have some form of dual spec at launch, make sure that respccing doesn't cost me my genitals.

I think Respecing should not be allowed period.

If it is then we should get the 3 strike method- 3 free respecs and no more ever.

The highest level player in my guild is a healer and he isn't having any issues. In fact he's 10 levels higher than the rest of us.

30k credits are nothing, I've got 800k ATM and thats after my 250k lvl 40 mount, and donating 100k to my guild.

If anything they need to INCREASE the respec cost because ATM there arn't enough gold dumps for late game and it will make an inflated economy.

Also, full red my gear costs 30k to repair.

Edited by MercArcher

I'm okay with a high cost of reseting the talent trees as long as we are offered a "free" talent tree respec when any class balance changes made. - Just like blizzard did in the past before they lowered the cost of talent tree respec in WOW.

This ain't WoW

Restricting respecs is good for nothing except to appease some nostalgic minds.

Unrestricted respecs are good for:

1. Diversity

2. Group formation

3. Investment in your class through experimentation

If you offer respecs, be consequent and offer them at acceptable rates.

And I don't want to be pigeonholed for 1000 hours, right back at ya.

I agree^^

I like latte in the mornings and can't stand people who wants to switch between latte and mocha. I say we charge them $10 extra each time they exercise the choice to be flexible (or better yet force them to drink latte)! Only by drinking latte every morning will you become a pro latte drinker. Want to try both latte and mocha? Too bad - just reroll another life! :p Edited by Seraphielle

And you know this how ? How can you 'know it all' by stating that someone can't enjoy something the way they want to do it. I laugh at people like you, telling them that they don't enjoy doing something they enjoy doing. And 10 : 1 i know what type of server you rolled on, with that know-it-all attitude. Best to you, glad you're not on my server. Cheers :)

I have no idea what you just said, so if I could be bothered I'd post a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.

I don't care remotely how you enjoy the game, as long as it doesn't impinge on how I enjoy the game. Adding MORE options is the way to accomplish that. Feel free to run across the universe carrying a rickshaw if you want to, as long as I can still use a taxi. The same is true of respecs; if you don't want to respec, don't. That choice shouldn't impinge on me. I don't care if you don't respec, why do you care if I do?

This is terrible. I have to go back to healing, and back to gunnery (dps) in order to heal some heroics and flashpoints. But when questing as a healer, ITS MISERABLY SLOW.

Make respecs like 10k credits max. I don't understand why you feel the need to charge outrageous sums of credits for a respec.

I mean if you aren't going to have some form of dual spec at launch, make sure that respccing doesn't cost me my genitals.

I have no problem with the price going so high as long as it starts to come back down if you wait a long time between respecs.

The respec isnt meant to let you have dual specs it is meant if you don't like the skill tree you chose

What I want really want is customization with the same class. I like the bounty hunter and with it you can choose to tank, dps or heal. I know I will want to tank with him mostly but I also no i know how to heal and would love the opportunity to have a healer by just respecing switching to healing gear and than switch to dps and pvp with him.

I want to play all the different classes but what i dont want to do is do the tedious thing of leveling up a bounty hunter through exact same content as a tank than as a healer than as a dps so i can fully enjoy this one class. That is the point.

Its just tedious to have to level up 3 different characters of the same class if i want to be a healer bh, tank bh, and dps bh. With dual specing i can just switch to what i want to play at a given time for each class i want to play.

Edited by Damador

What i was doing was exploring which option i liked better. I didn't know and kept switching back and forth. I was doing comparisons of playstyles and the such

I can't make snap decisions without doing some expiermenting. And sometimes when i reach new levels new talents get access with my skill points. And I want to try them. But I can't because BIOWARE decided to limit my ability to have fun by providing a credit sink in the forum of talent restests.

If no one here can honestly sympathize, and understand the situation that I and other people are in, and then logically come to the conclusion that what's goin on here is a bit fishy, then there really is no use in conversing with you.

Skaarrj you're still fighting this battle? I got so bored with arguing with these peasants on the beta forums... think you took part in those as well. Just give it up man, dualspec is in the works last I heard, we'll have our day.

According to their logic, I should have a DPS PVE char, a DPS PVP char, a heal PVE char, a heal PVP char, a tank PVP char, and a tank PVE char. Maybe I should roll all SIX!!! chars the same class too just because they said I have to reroll not respec! LMAO I'll just wait for dual spec and roll 3, maybe even 2 depending if the respec cost is capped.

Edited by thasaint

This whole argument about it being difficult credit wise to change your mind needs to consider one important fact: you have your choice of compainon character to suppliment your play style. Penalizing you for changing your mind is fine in my book as I can choose a dedicated character I control to do the things my choice does not allow me to do well ie, tank as a healer.

Everyone gets a companion to complement whatever role they choose. So, pick a class, a role, and then go play it to its max. Live with the difficulty of the choice. It is never going to be easy, nor should it be.

Companions only matter in solo play, which isn't what we're even talking about.

Pretty BS in my opinion Healers are not very common. You think you'd want to do more to promote playing healers, not limiting it. Next time I get the chance to get the credits and respec i am never going to ever heal again until they give me some sort of dual spec.

This is why i chose to be a healer. Sage and Trooper.

Noone in my guild is a healer at the moment I am the only one. The may make more alts but right now I am pretty busy with flashpoints and groups cause healers are in short supply.

What I want really want is customization with the same class. I like the bounty hunter and with it you can choose to tank, dps or heal. I know I will want to tank with him mostly but I also no i know how to heal and would love the opportunity to have a healer by just respecing switching to healing gear and than switch to dps and pvp with him.

I want to play all the different classes but what i dont want to do is do the tedious thing of leveling up a bounty hunter through exact same content as a tank than as a healer than as a dps so i can fully enjoy this one class. That is the point.

Its just tedious to have to level up 3 different characters of the same class if i want to be a healer bh, tank bh, and dps bh. With dual specing i can just switch to what i want to play at a given time for each class i want to play.

What you want will not happen. What you want, I have never seen in any mmo - doesn't mean it doesn't exist in some mmo. But NO game is going to let you manipulate your character teh way you want

If you want those things, then I'd make 3 characters

The respec isnt meant to let you have dual specs it is meant if you don't like the skill tree you chose

You'll change your tune when they make changes to your tree. Even if you select the perfect spec this week, there's no guarantee they won't rebalance next week.

no one is stopping you from spending all your credits on respeccing bud

I support dual specs. I have read most of this thread and there has not been one good reason not to have it.

"WoW had dual specs so this game shouldn't! I hate WoW!!!!!!111!111!eleventyone!"

That's pretty much the only argument they ever make. I swear half the people on these forums would like TOR to remove keyboard support, just to be different from WoW.

What you want will not happen. What you want, I have never seen in any mmo - doesn't mean it doesn't exist in some mmo. But NO game is going to let you manipulate your character teh way you want

If you want those things, then I'd make 3 characters

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

Here you go kid. I'll catch you up with modern MMO's since it's obvious you've not been around.