Why didn't Exar Kun change his lightsaber crystal?

Slowpokeking

Time to go to school.

Do any of you know why the Sith used red originally? any idea? they used red because they were the only lightsaber crystals native to the Horuset system at the time.

There is no other reason than that, ever since, the Sith have decided to use Red as it is the blade colour used by the Ancient Sith themselves, but that is ONLY because they were the only colour crystals they could find, eventually the crystals vanished and they had to settle for synthetic lightsaber crystals instead of natural ones.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The novelization of Revenge of the Sith tells a somewhat different version of Drallig's actions during the fall of the Jedi Temple. The novel mentions younglings fleeing into the Room of a Thousand Fountains (not the Temple training hall), with Drallig, Whie, and Bene coming backing after, deflecting clone troopers' blasterfire back at the shooters. Vader then kills the Jedi, allowing the remaining clones to blast the children to shreds. When Yoda and Obi-Wan later find Drallig's body, Yoda comments that Drallig would not abandon his young students.

Cin Drallig as portrayed in the Revenge of the Sith video game

In the film, he is seen only briefly in a holographic recording, however, he has a larger role in the video game. It is unknown if Cin Drallig was as much of a challenge for Darth Vader as depicted in the game since only a brief portion of the fight with Vader is shown. According to Keeper of the Holocron Leland Chee, however, Drallig's death as it appears in the game is non-canon.

As Kit Fisto's lightsaber hilt was a personal favorite of Nick Gillard, Cin Drallig's lightsaber hilt bears a resemblance to Fisto's. Based on behind the scenes materials, the lightsaber blade was originally to be rotoscoped in yellow. However, George Lucas would only allow either blue or green as the color of any regular Jedi's lightsaber blade. With the exception of Samuel L. Jackson's violet lightsaber blade he used as Mace Windu, Lucas would go no further with other colors. With no choice, Nick Gillard chose green instead; however, in a promotional image, which can be seen at the top of this article, Drallig is shown with a blue lightsaber.

In other words Lucas is specific about Jedi colors but left Sith colors open. So its canon straight from Lucas that Sith can have any saber color. :p

Edited by Quoll

Time to go to school.

Do any of you know why the Sith used red originally? any idea? they used red because they were the only lightsaber crystals native to the Horuset system at the time.

There is no other reason than that, ever since, the Sith have decided to use Red as it is the blade colour used by the Ancient Sith themselves, but that is ONLY because they were the only colour crystals they could find, eventually the crystals vanished and they had to settle for synthetic lightsaber crystals instead of natural ones.

Go back to school, simple answear is, when he made the first movie RED was to be the color for the bad dude.

Red as in anger, agression= darkside user.Rest is just EU stories made muuuch later to bring more story into it.

Go back to school, simple answear is, when he made the first movie RED was to be the color for the bad dude.

Red as in anger, agression= darkside user.Rest is just EU stories made muuuch later to bring more story into it.

I already know what the OUT-of-universe canon reasons are, I am showing the IN-universe reasons for it, dear lord.

You act beyond childish in every reply you make to me.

I already know what the OUT-of-universe canon reasons are, I am showing the IN-universe reasons for it, dear lord.

You act beyond childish in every reply you make to me.

I am, i know i really am.I'm just a 36 year old scoundrel up here in north of Norway.

And i have to admit i'm pretty childish sometimes ;)

Yes here she is in seasong 5 with a blue saber http://i.imgur.com/EmJNl.jpg

http://saga-edition.com/wp-content/Variant-Shien-3.png

And here is Adi Gallia using her red blade, reverse grip shien style in a LUCASARTS game in 2000. I'd like to think content from LucasArts is considered canon. Plo Koon also has a yellow blade.

---

Personally, I don't think it matters what your color is, period. Lore wise, yes the sith made red crystals because they were easier to make, and didn't have access to natural crystals. Now onto Exar Kun, I feel he did not see the need to change what already works for him, i.e. don't fix what ain't broken.

http://saga-edition.com/wp-content/Variant-Shien-3.png

And here is Adi Gallia using her red blade, reverse grip shien style in a LUCASARTS game in 2000. I'd like to think content from LucasArts is considered canon. Plo Koon also has a yellow blade.

---

Personally, I don't think it matters what your color is, period. Lore wise, yes the sith made red crystals because they were easier to make, and didn't have access to natural crystals. Now onto Exar Kun, I feel he did not see the need to change what already works for him, i.e. don't fix what ain't broken.

As stated by lucasfilm no game mechanics are canon.In ROTS i fought Mace as Vader in a long fight while Sidious was watching but again just another game mechanic.Quote George Lucas, sith use red jedi use green and blue.

Soon in this game you can freeze yourself and heal yourself in a carbonite chamber, guess what, game mechanics

Fun and silly yes but have nothing to do with the real star wars universe,and it's just as silly and dumb seeing jedi on coruscant running around with red sabers and dark side corruption.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

As stated by lucasfilm no game mechanics are canon.In ROTS i fought Mace as Vader in a long fight while Sidious was watching but again just another game mechanic.Quote George Lucas, sith use red jedi use green and blue.

Soon in this game you can freeze yourself and heal yourself in a carbonite chamber, guess what, game mechanics

Fun and silly yes but have nothing to do with the real star wars universe,and it's just as silly and dumb seeing jedi on coruscant running around with red sabers and dark side corruption.

So Plo Koon's Orange Lightsaber isn't Canon, then? Ok, dude. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

If GL was so adamant about Jedi using ONLY blue or green and Sith only red, then why has he allowed differant colors in the novels and comics, which are canon right below the movies? Why is it Mara Jade had a magenta color or Jaina Solo violet? Why was Exar allowed to keep his blue? Why does Adi Gallia have a red shaded saber? Why is it silly seeing Jedi with a red saber? Because GL was talking about his movies?

Jedi used many colors over the millenia. They did not have uniform colors for most of their history. You qoute Lucas but fail to see that he has allowed Jedi and Sith to use differant colrs and declare it CANON. Whether you like it or not, Jedi can use any color they wish, as can Sith if they find a crystal they like. It's not just a game mechanic, it IS canon.

I'll ask again. If George Lucas meant for Jedi in the entire Star Wars universe to use blue or green and Sith in the entire universe to use red then why are they allowed to use other colors in comics, novels or even games? He and LA do have to clear a lot things when it comes to Star Wars. I'll present you an example.

In Star Wars Galaxies the Naboo N-1 starfighter was added to the game. Every ship available could be painted other colors, yet the N-1 was only available in the yellow/silver scheme seen in Phantom Menace. Why were we not allowed to repaint it? LA said it had to remain yellow/silver. If they can do that for a stupid little fighter then why have they never told the authors of the novels that Jedi use nly blue or green and Sith only red?