Why didn't Exar Kun change his lightsaber crystal?

Slowpokeking

mace using a purple lightsaber is a good example of "lore having nothing to do with it" the only reason mace has a purple lightsaber is because samuel l jackson asked for one.

as many have said kun's choice of lightsaber was made before red was iconic for sith. just every shh about it, if george realizes kun doesn't have a red saber he will retcon him

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mace using a purple lightsaber is a good example of "lore having nothing to do with it" the only reason mace has a purple lightsaber is because samuel l jackson asked for one.

as many have said kun's choice of lightsaber was made before red was iconic for sith. just every shh about it, if george realizes kun doesn't have a red saber he will retcon him

Most of the Jedi turned Sith changed their lightsaber to red, like Dooku, Anakin, Jacen, Revan, Malak, Traya and Krayt.

kuns character was made up before PT, all the above came after or during, i think that is the real point

In OT Vader also changed his lightsaber to red.

I will like a retcon since red fit the Sith better, especially someone so aggressive like Kun.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I haven't seen much of the Clone Wars but Adi Galia isn't even using her lightsaber properly there. She didn't always use a red lightsaber, but I'm pretty sure she has this unorthodox style of combat where she'd hold the lightsaber upsidedown. Her lightsaber may have changed but that seemed to have remained consistent in all the EU depictions I'd seen her in. Edited by OldVengeance

No they didn't.

Windu's purple blade came first. AoTC was released the year before KoTOR.

The release date was after, but the game had been in production since before AotC began filming. 3 years total. KotOR II, unfortunately, was rushed out before it could be fully completed storywise.

This again? Seriously? Before Mace Windu had a purple lightsaber, the Sith used purple in KotOR and KotOR II. At the time that Exar Kun became Dark Lord of the Sith, with the blessing of Marka Ragnos, there was NOTHING in Lore or Canon that said a Sith Lightsaber HAD to be red. Get it?

Now, throw George's anal-retentiveness out the window for a sec. Forget George Lucas and his constant meddling in the ExU. Without that, there is nothing that prevents Jedi or Sith from using whatever color crystal they want.

Seriously, George needs to eat more fiber.

What are you jumping at George for? Hes never said anything about sith or jedi having to use specific crystals.

It's just a color. Doesn't matter at all. In the end, Siths got red synthetic crystals because they didn't have access to crystal mines, that's only reason.

Must be sad to be this ignorant. Yeag i'm sure vader and sidious after all those years and dead

jedi in the tempel with all those jedi sabers lying around with green and blu sabers, couldt get some

blue and green crystals........................................................................................................

...............................................................................yeah no they were to lazy to put them in because

it was to much work.

And i'm sure dooku choose red after going sith because at that time red was cool.................................

..................................................................................................................................................:rolleyes:

Must be sad to be this ignorant. Yeag i'm sure vader and sidious after all those years and dead

jedi in the tempel with all those jedi sabers lying around with green and blu sabers, couldt get some

blue and green crystals........................................................................................................

...............................................................................yeah no they were to lazy to put them in because

it was to much work.

And i'm sure dooku choose red after going sith because at that time red was cool.................................

..................................................................................................................................................:rolleyes:

Must be sad to be this a**l retentive. Tradition doesn't mean it's a rule. Obi-Wan even used a red lightsaber for a while in T-Canon Clone Wars. OMG! It can't be! :eek: Btw, that series is overseen by George and his kids. Now, as for Exar Kun using a blue saber, he just didn't feel the need to change out the crystal. If it weren't for George's movie shtick that Jedi use blue and green (mostly) and Sith use red, we wouldn't even be having this argument. lol

News Flash: George didn't create every last shred of lore. That's why he opened the Expanded Universe for other authors to use.... and to use those authors' ideas with impunity. *cough*Coruscant/Mandalorians/Aayla Secura*cough* :p

They didn't crack down hard on being just like TEH MOVIEZ back in those days.

Frankly, i'm surprised TOR gets away with as much as it does. My Knight has a red saber. BOSH! FLIMSHAW! Someone call George and get TOR cancelled!

When TOR first came out there were limits on red/blue/green colour crystals and who could use them. It was only after a little while and probably many complaints that they allowed everyone to use whichever colour crystal they wanted

Must be sad to be this a**l retentive. Tradition doesn't mean it's a rule. Obi-Wan even used a red lightsaber for a while in T-Canon Clone Wars. OMG! It can't be! :eek::p

Dude are you for real, of course he can use it to save his life for a few minutes thats not the issue at all.

Will a Jedi Knight ever in the movies or EU use a red saber on a regular basis ? NONONONONONONO.

Doest matter what a few of you think who doesnt understand the basic rules in the star wars universe.

Comics are not canon in any way neither is this game. Only thre movies and EU novels and books and

clonewars.That triumf anything that might be your opinion(speaking in general as to everyone)

If Kun was to come back today in trhe clonewars George would give him a red saber,end of story.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Dude are you for real, of course he can use it to save his life for a few minutes thats not the issue at all.

Will a Jedi Knight ever in the movies or EU use a red saber on a regular basis ? NONONONONONONO.

Doest matter what a few of you think who doesnt understand the basic rules in the star wars universe.

Comics are not canon in any way neither is this game. Only thre movies and EU novels and books and

clonewars.That triumf anything that might be your opinion(speaking in general as to everyone)

If Kun was to come back today in trhe clonewars George would give him a red saber,end of story.

I would like to point you at Adi Gallia.

I will never understand this argument over a color of a lightsaber. Does a color make your more sith or more jedi? No. It is how you use your weapon that defines you as a Jedi or a Sith. A color is just that a color. It has no bearings whether you are a jedi or a sith.

There are lot of colors so a color should never define you one way or another, What will define you is your actions as it should.

Most likely the reason he didn't change the color of his saber was simply he didn't want to.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Because the Sith from the Great Hyperspace War didn't' have lightsabers. Ergo there was no red lightsaber tradition yet.

Yea they did, it just fell out of fashion towards that time.

The red vs blue/green is just a device to help distinguish characters in the films, its always very black and white in G-canon. The comics take the stance that when your plotting the return of an empire of Dark magicians and fighting across the galaxy, color coordination is of little importance.

Also as it has already been mentioned; Tales of the Jedi etc was written in a time before it was explicitly said Red for bad, blue green for good... Even during the making of AOTC the comics had Council members wielding Yellow, orange and Red blades.

^This.

Her rare crimson blade saber was destroyed in battle, so she switched to Bronze, which she lost and settled for a Blue one.

It's sort of like buying expensive sunglasses. You're bound to lose them so just get a cheap pair. Same with a Lightsaber. If you have a special color crystal in your lightsaber, it will get destroyed or lost.

Jedi use blu/green Sith red. Sam Jackson hadd to beg George Lucas on the set of episode 2

to have a purple one.Only canon in the star wars universe is the movies, TCW,books and novels

and mayor NPC characters in this MMO like Satele, Malgus etc. The rest like comics etc is not

canon. End of story, so many of you are just plain clueless when it comes to star wars facts.

Not to mention the fact if a sith used a blue saber fighting a jedi with a green is just plain dumb.

Only reason it works in epis III is because Vader did not have the time to make a red one.

Jedi use blu/green Sith red. Sam Jackson hadd to beg George Lucas on the set of episode 2

to have a purple one.Only canon in the star wars universe is the movies, TCW,books and novels

and mayor NPC characters in this MMO like Satele, Malgus etc. The rest like comics etc is not

canon. End of story, so many of you are just plain clueless when it comes to star wars facts.

Not to mention the fact if a sith used a blue saber fighting a jedi with a green is just plain dumb.

Only reason it works in epis III is because Vader did not have the time to make a red one.

Actually comics are canon. Not G-canon, but they are canon. G-Canon is the movies, novelizations and, I believe, the scripts of the actual movies. TCW, and other Star Wars TV shows comprise T-Canon which is between G and C. C-canon is books, video games and comics and cartoons, as well as non-theatrical films. S-canon is for works that do not fit just right into the continuity. S-canon has the ability to elevate to C-canon under the right circumstances. N-canon is for works that do not at all work with the Star Wars continuity and have been deemed Non-canon. These include what-if stories.

This lesson on canon was brought to you by yours truly... That's me in case you were wondering. :)

Granted I didn't cover every aspect of Star Wars canon, but it's good enough.

Edited by Aurbere

i can actually understand why ppl are getting their knickers in a twist over this, it would be like taking a spaghetti western, and giving the good cowboys black hats and the bad white, its just not what you expect and it doesn't sit well

but its not like some1 has gone out the way to mess with your head, the fact is kun isn't using a red saber because it wasn't part of the established sith aesthetics when kun was created. end of story