classic Jedi Robes

aka_matrix_pwner

Hello BioWare

One of the things that i really miss, aside from hood toggle is a proper, totally standard JK Robe, just like the one seen in KOTOR 2.

I would very much enjoy if you could add one set like the one Obi-Wan Kenobi wears in Star Wars Episode II & episode I. and possible also one like the one Qui-gon Jinn wears in Episode I. And try to avoid clipping between the lightsaber and the cape.

they should be adaptive armors, so all Jedi can wear them. Thank you very much for your time. :)

hmmm

if it's time for the Xmas list - i really would appreciate to have the Jedi outfit of Kotor 1 instead of the ugly robes we have atm - or to have a few decent dropable trousers (orange) as light armor and no hobo skirts.

many thx dear santa

hmmm

if it's time for the Xmas list - i really would appreciate to have the Jedi outfit of Kotor 1 instead of the ugly robes we have atm - or to have a few decent dropable trousers (orange) as light armor and no hobo skirts.

many thx dear santa

Is that a new emote? /moon

I love the idea of an Episode 1 style robe (and associated gear) that is Adapative.

Currently (in my opinion), there are some robes that are close such as the Battle Expulsor robe (which, ironically, is a HEAVY armor) but even they aren't quite up to the traditional Jedi robe. And poor Consulars (who, lore wise you would expect to have the MOST Jedi-looking robes) must settle for hooded bathrobes with strange colored lines running through them (or those ugly shoulder pads).

A proper and basic Jedi robe is a series of tunics (under tunic covered by an over tunic (similar to some basic marital arts uniforms)) largely encompassed by a thick, oversized, fully flowing hooded Jedi robe. Surely at least someone at BW has actually watched a Star Wars movie, right? And, extra emphasis on the "oversized" part -- so much extra material that a person could literally hide themselves and a friend inside: http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-jedi-cloak-3.jpg

Robes should be available in all reasonable colors -- including all black versions available to Light Side, Republic Jedi. (Luke Skywalker was in many ways the Jedi and he preferred the all black look -- so let's not keep this color scheme only with the Sith, BW.) I'll stop this line of thought here lest I diverge into a tirade about why oh why this game doesn't provide the very simple mechanic of gear dyes...

And as a note: the belt doesn't go OUTSIDE of the robe -- you didn't just get out of the shower, you know. The belt goes around the midsection to tie the tunics together. And, THAT'S where the lightsaber clips on to the character instead of magically being pasted to the outside of the robe/jacket. (And the fact that only a fraction of it shows and the rest is lost in poor graphical clipping only helps to make the game look unpolished.)

I don't want to hear "its a war so Jedi should be wearing armor, blah blah blah". Its nonsense:

"I wear my robe so that I am warm; I carry my lightsaber so that I am safe; and I keep enough credits for my next meal, so that I am not hungry. If the Force wants me to have more, it finds a way of letting me know." ―Kagoro (Notice there's no mention of trooper style armoring or turtle shell shoulder pads.) In the movies (let's ignore the pedo-buck solicitation that are the Clone Wars cartoons) how often did you see Jedi wear anything besides their robes even in a wide variety of battlefield scenarios?

Side note: Jedi robes come with pants. PANTS. Got that, BW? PANTS. So, let's ditch the idea that the lower "robe" has to be a skirt just because you couldn't figure out how to make the upper robe look "flowy" enough.

So BW, please -- let Jedi look like Jedi.

hmmm

many thx dear santa

I vouch for this as well. The kotor 1 armor looked very jedi-like even though it didn't look like anything we saw in the movies. It's simple and elegant.

I love the idea of an Episode 1 style robe (and associated gear) that is Adapative.

Currently (in my opinion), there are some robes that are close such as the Battle Expulsor robe (which, ironically, is a HEAVY armor) but even they aren't quite up to the traditional Jedi robe. And poor Consulars (who, lore wise you would expect to have the MOST Jedi-looking robes) must settle for hooded bathrobes with strange colored lines running through them (or those ugly shoulder pads).

A proper and basic Jedi robe is a series of tunics (under tunic covered by an over tunic (similar to some basic marital arts uniforms)) largely encompassed by a thick, oversized, fully flowing hooded Jedi robe. Surely at least someone at BW has actually watched a Star Wars movie, right? And, extra emphasis on the "oversized" part -- so much extra material that a person could literally hide themselves and a friend inside: http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-jedi-cloak-3.jpg

Robes should be available in all reasonable colors -- including all black versions available to Light Side, Republic Jedi. (Luke Skywalker was in many ways the Jedi and he preferred the all black look -- so let's not keep this color scheme only with the Sith, BW.) I'll stop this line of thought here lest I diverge into a tirade about why oh why this game doesn't provide the very simple mechanic of gear dyes...

And as a note: the belt doesn't go OUTSIDE of the robe -- you didn't just get out of the shower, you know. The belt goes around the midsection to tie the tunics together. And, THAT'S where the lightsaber clips on to the character instead of magically being pasted to the outside of the robe/jacket. (And the fact that only a fraction of it shows and the rest is lost in poor graphical clipping only helps to make the game look unpolished.)

I don't want to hear "its a war so Jedi should be wearing armor, blah blah blah". Its nonsense:

"I wear my robe so that I am warm; I carry my lightsaber so that I am safe; and I keep enough credits for my next meal, so that I am not hungry. If the Force wants me to have more, it finds a way of letting me know." ―Kagoro (Notice there's no mention of trooper style armoring or turtle shell shoulder pads.) In the movies (let's ignore the pedo-buck solicitation that are the Clone Wars cartoons) how often did you see Jedi wear anything besides their robes even in a wide variety of battlefield scenarios?

Side note: Jedi robes come with pants. PANTS. Got that, BW? PANTS. So, let's ditch the idea that the lower "robe" has to be a skirt just because you couldn't figure out how to make the upper robe look "flowy" enough.

So BW, please -- let Jedi look like Jedi.

It's curious. Bioware does have the tech to have belts inside of the robes. When wearing a robe over a belt, in most cases that hides the accessories of the belt.

For example, on my jedi Consular:

http://imageshack.us/a/img515/7083/clipping1.png

However, on my agent, some jackets do not hide the accessories of the belt. Picture:

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/747/clipping2.png

So with this in mind, why did Bioware choose for jedi knights and sith warriors to wear their belts outside of their robes? It just looks awkward.

Also, I think that Sith Inquisitors have access to some very iconic jedi-looking armor, only that it's typically in dark colours. Take this one for example: http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/9097.jpg

I think that looks very reminiscent of the armor Anakin and Obi-wan wears in ep 2 and 3. Change the colours to white and brown and we've got a very nice chest-piece for jedi consulars. I'd love to wear an item that looked like that, personally.