War Hero vs Elite War Hero

Kontraz

Is there some sort of mistake? The Elite War Hero main and off-hand weapons (or generators) seem to have a net loss in stats when compared to their War Hero counterparts. Even looking at the mods and enhancements individually, the level 61 components (War Hero) have higher overall stats than the level 63 components (Elite War Hero).

If this is NOT a mistake, then what is the incentive to ever purchase the Elite War Hero gear?

Edited by Kontraz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the new EWH weapons last night and came to about the same conclusion. I guess I'll keep the barrel...

I reckon the design process for most of the War Hero pieces actually went like this:

• Step 1: Acquire a large hat, and place upside down on a table
  • Step 2: Make hundreds of printouts of all possible stats, favouring the good ones like Accuracy
  • Step 3: Carefully place all these printouts in the upside-down hat
  • Step 4 (very important): Get roaring drunk. Alternatively you need access to a pet monkey of some kind.
  • Step 5: Pull stats from the hat, stick them on the various slots to make your new armour designs!
  • Step 6: Job's done. Sleep off massive hangover / return monkey to owner.
  • Step 7: Move on to the important stuff, like designing moods / facial expressions for characters in a game where 90% of the players run around with full-face helmets...

While the above might sound a bit grumpy I'm just a little annoyed at the fact that when we finally do get new stuff it's just recoloured versions of existing gear, and/or very badly optimised.

Is there some sort of mistake? The Elite War Hero main and off-hand weapons (or generators) seem to have a net loss in stats when compared to their War Hero counterparts. Even looking at the mods and enhancements individually, the level 61 components (War Hero) have higher overall stats than the level 63 components (Elite War Hero).

If this is NOT a mistake, then what is the incentive to ever purchase the Elite War Hero gear?

the enhancements/mods look better on the combat medic gear than the eliminator (nominally ~1 point). major pain in the arse to optimize, given the cost of the items, however.

For the sentinel gear I was happy with the increase in damage on the weapon but not happy that I had to swap around mods because of the different stats. But overall, I am happy with the new MH and looking forward to getting the OH.

My main gripe is that most sentinels went with the Vindicators MH for their War Hero purchase. If you look at the stats of the Elite War Hero sabers, the power one is actually the Weaponmaster saber BUT OF COURSE you need to trade in the WH counterpart so if you have the Vindicators WH MH you can only get the Vindicators Elite WH MH. Its just bad planning and design.

Edited by Kirothen

Am pretty sure the following is generally true, it is on my assassin:

Best EWH power Mod/Enhancement > Best WH Power Mod/Enhancement > 2nd Best EWH Power Mod/Enhancement > 2nd Best WH Power Mod/Enhancement.

W/ that said best in slot wh is already significantly better than second best in slot, it has more power AND more stats overall..

If your already fully optimized only going to be getting a doubly tiny bump every 5500 rwz coms w/ mod swapping, you only get one bis a per piece, i don't think this is a change from previous armors is it? (I was not fully optimized when wh came out)

I would have had quite a significant loss if i 'upgraded' mine, in the end i just bought it and took the mod out to stick in something else.

This.

I looked at the new EWH weapons last night and came to about the same conclusion. I guess I'll keep the barrel...

I reckon the design process for most of the War Hero pieces actually went like this:

• Step 1: Acquire a large hat, and place upside down on a table
  • Step 2: Make hundreds of printouts of all possible stats, favouring the good ones like Accuracy
  • Step 3: Carefully place all these printouts in the upside-down hat
  • Step 4 (very important): Get roaring drunk. Alternatively you need access to a pet monkey of some kind.
  • Step 5: Pull stats from the hat, stick them on the various slots to make your new armour designs!
  • Step 6: Job's done. Sleep off massive hangover / return monkey to owner.
  • Step 7: Move on to the important stuff, like designing moods / facial expressions for characters in a game where 90% of the players run around with full-face helmets...

While the above might sound a bit grumpy I'm just a little annoyed at the fact that when we finally do get new stuff it's just recoloured versions of existing gear, and/or very badly optimised.

If BioWare actually played their own game they'd optimize things properly. But they don't, so they don't.

Edited by Xena_Shepard

If BioWare actually played their own game they'd optimize things properly. But they don't, so they don't.

I'm of the opinion that BW purposely doesn't optimize the gear, so that they can leave something left for the min/maxers to do to get an advantage (if each piece of gear came fully optimized, what would be the point of even having different stats?).

That, or they just don't know.

Can we please get some feedback here? I know the off hand shield generator for tanks is less stats all around. I would gain 44 shield absorption and lose about a total of 200 overall stats for this to include 2 resilience? You would think worst case scenario it would be a small upgrade. PVP is going to die off with this being the only thing offered. I already bought both pieces now what do I do?

Can we please get some feedback here? I know the off hand shield generator for tanks is less stats all around. I would gain 44 shield absorption and lose about a total of 200 overall stats for this to include 2 resilience? You would think worst case scenario it would be a small upgrade. PVP is going to die off with this being the only thing offered. I already bought both pieces now what do I do?

the OH is now moddable. so you optimize it with pieces from the blaster and the wh pcs.

of greater concern, imo, is this situation, which the elite wh stuff magnifies considerably:

My main gripe is that most sentinels went with the Vindicators MH for their War Hero purchase. If you look at the stats of the Elite War Hero sabers, the power one is actually the Weaponmaster saber BUT OF COURSE you need to trade in the WH counterpart so if you have the Vindicators WH MH you can only get the Vindicators Elite WH MH. Its just bad planning and design.

this has always been the case, but before, you just needed to grind bm pieces. NOW you have to grind rated comms just to get the pos item that you're only buying to trade in. meanwhile, you already an equally expensive item that is now just a costly pos clogging up your bank until the next tier is releasted and screws up the stat balance again. Please...just make the different set pieces interchangeable for upgrade purposes. why wouldn't this already be the case? who would actually complain about being able to trade a combat tech bm glove + rated comms for the eliminator's wh version? just do it already.

I'm of the opinion that BW purposely doesn't optimize the gear, so that they can leave something left for the min/maxers to do to get an advantage (if each piece of gear came fully optimized, what would be the point of even having different stats?)

I agree. Loot in this game is already bland. Having perfectly itemized gear would take all thought/variety out of gearing. Though, it would be nice if the vendors sold individual mods/enhancements for something like 1500 comms.

Please...just make the different set pieces interchangeable for upgrade purposes. why wouldn't this already be the case? who would actually complain about being able to trade a combat tech bm glove + rated comms for the eliminator's wh version? just do it already.

Yes! If not, at least keep the same type of stats on the gear per tier. It's frustrating that the WH Force Mystic Lightsaber has surge, and the Elite upgrade has alacrity. Meanwhile the WH Force Master Lightsaber has alacrity, and the Elite version has surge. Now I'm forced to buy another WH lightsaber just to trade it in for the upgrade.

Taken as a direct weapon to weapon swap it was a downgrade, but on the flip side treating it like a package of mods instead of an actual distinct item helped a lot. Got the offhand first (since I had that same vindicator issue for the mainhand), dropped the hilt into my mainhand, mod into my offhand, enhancement into my boots.

Done that way I got the direct hilt upgrade benefits and tiny upgrade benefits from the other two items (something like 4 endurance 2 crit 2 accuracy if I recall), might not be worth the credit cost of moving the mod and enhancements around for such trivial upgrades but hey, if nothing else it makes for a bigger stack of goodies to send my jugg whenever I get around to hitting 50 on him.

the OH is now moddable. so you optimize it with pieces from the blaster and the wh pcs.

They also made the standard War Hero off-hand moddable (including the ones already purchased) so there is no reason to get the elite war hero variant just for the ability to min/max. What's crazy is that EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT of the Elite version has a lower net gain. I can't figure out a single reason to purchase it, other than for future trade-in if/when another set comes out.

They also made the standard War Hero off-hand moddable (including the ones already purchased) so there is no reason to get the elite war hero variant just for the ability to min/max. What's crazy is that EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT of the Elite version has a lower net gain. I can't figure out a single reason to purchase it, other than for future trade-in if/when another set comes out.

really? I thought sage healers took power > crit/will (after caps). at least the enh in one of the trooper OHs is pwr/surge. don't get me wrong. I do think the gain is marginal at best. I mean...5.5k rwz comms for one enh...the mod is usable for melee who could use the extra exp/hp maybe.

This is completely inaccurate.