Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I spend half the game stunned... not fun anymore

DonSasquatcho

Guess what guys.

If i open up on you (Concealment spec) you get "stunned" for 1,5 seconds and continue my roation til that resolve goes abit down I can stun you again, vanish and stun you again :)

Oh the entertainment, enjoy the stun:jawa_biggrin:

I was under the impression that they changed it so resolve doesn't decrease while stunned now? Maybe that is not what you are talking about.

I also wonder if that works for being mezzed as well. I know I noticed on my sage that when I lifted someone, if they saved their breaker, I saw their bar going down. Would not be a happy target if they popped my bubble right after for just 300 resolve.

In SWG they had some kind of "angry mood" that you entered after too many CC stuck on you in a short time period. The angry mood made it harder and harder for CCs to stick on you, which was good. It prevented the neverending loop of CCs cast on you.

Which version are we talking about?

Been a long time since I played but I seem to remember infinite dizzy knock downs. And the only breaker was /stand

Which version are we talking about?

Been a long time since I played but I seem to remember infinite dizzy knock downs. And the only breaker was /stand

LOL, your too long back, you talking pre-CU even.

it was in the latest version of the game. Before it shut down

The major problem seems to be people do not understand resolve even now ten months into the game.

HERE IS HOW YOU DONT GET CHAIN STUNNED:

Do not use your CC break on the first stun. Crazy I know, except when you eat a full duration stun and come out, chances are they will try to stun you again. Now your Resolve is White Barred. Use your CC break and proceed to be unstoppable.

Its that easy.

Heh..."sleep dart will eventually wear off, let him cap and then kill him after you wake up".

Against good groups your usually dead before you get this "unstoppable" god mode that you speak of.

Your absolutely right, however this sort of option only exists with coordinated groups in mass battle. You'll rarely find any support in random groups that allow this behaviour without heals keeping you alive throughout the stun. The whole stand there a let them "shank yer arse" seems a little silly. It's like an old gunfight, except it's "he who stuns first wins".

Damage is high and time to kill is way too low. There are no reasons for cc's to have such an impact as they do.

Hell...extend the cooldowns for cc's...problem solved? If people had to wait longer in between cc's, they would certainly be more judicial with their application...but wait that would screw up the pve'rs. lulz

It seems that everyone agrees that the resolve system has issues and we'll all have to adjust.

Since 1.4, I've noticed myself stunned a lot more but...

The devs should heed the feedback because the cc's in this game are silly.

Huh, how interesting that the volume of complaints about CC increases at the same rate as increased damage per second... I wonder if there is a cause and effect relationship behind that correlation?

Hehe, so true.

4 or 8 seconds don't sound that much... unless it's almost a certainly that you're getting your face smashed in during that time.

Heh..."sleep dart will eventually wear off, let him cap and then kill him after you wake up".

Against good groups your usually dead before you get this "unstoppable" god mode that you speak of.

Your absolutely right, however this sort of option only exists with coordinated groups in mass battle. You'll rarely find any support in random groups that allow this behaviour without heals keeping you alive throughout the stun. The whole stand there a let them "shank yer arse" seems a little silly. It's like an old gunfight, except it's "he who stuns first wins".

Damage is high and time to kill is way too low. There are no reasons for cc's to have such an impact as they do.

Hell...extend the cooldowns for cc's...problem solved? If people had to wait longer in between cc's, they would certainly be more judicial with their application...but wait that would screw up the pve'rs. lulz

It seems that everyone agrees that the resolve system has issues and we'll all have to adjust.

Since 1.4, I've noticed myself stunned a lot more but...

The devs should heed the feedback because the cc's in this game are silly.

Without defenses up you should consider breaking stun to fire your defensive skill if its available and eating the second stun.

To the original poster who is an idiot and all you idiots that say don't break the first stun.

Stun, break stun, stun = 5 sec.

Stun, wait, stun, cc breaker = 5sec.

Which path is better?

How many classes have 2 stuns?

So assuming a 1vs1 fight so you get 4 seconds of the highest damage you can? Or break the stun?

In a 2 vs. 1 fight should you break the 4 seconds of the highest damage an opponent can deliver or break the stun and immediately cast defenses?

Assuming the 2 players are flawless at stunning your still better off using a CC breaker on a stun.

Notice I said stun. You never use it on mezzes, snares, roots unless your whitebar is filled. I NEVER use it on snares and roots, but that is because I am an assassin and have force speed to break those. If I am on another class who needs to get the heck out of a spot I would try and use the cc breaker on a root if it meant I might live.

Without defenses up you should consider breaking stun to fire your defensive skill if its available and eating the second stun.

To the original poster who is an idiot and all you idiots that say don't break the first stun.

Stun, break stun, stun = 5 sec.

Stun, wait, stun, cc breaker = 5sec.

Which path is better?

How many classes have 2 stuns?

So assuming a 1vs1 fight so you get 4 seconds of the highest damage you can? Or break the stun?

In a 2 vs. 1 fight should you break the 4 seconds of the highest damage an opponent can deliver or break the stun and immediately cast defenses?

Assuming the 2 players are flawless at stunning your still better off using a CC breaker on a stun.

Notice I said stun. You never use it on mezzes, snares, roots unless your whitebar is filled. I NEVER use it on snares and roots, but that is because I am an assassin and have force speed to break those. If I am on another class who needs to get the heck out of a spot I would try and use the cc breaker on a root if it meant I might live.

Agree, sometimes you need to break the first stun and quickly pop defensive cooldowns. If you're against any sort of coordinated group, without defensive CDs or the Adrenal you could easily die within the 4 seconds of the first stun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.