The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thoughts on Force Mend & Force Wave So Far (PVP)

Kuvox

I have to say that I have really enjoyed Force Mend and Force Wave in PVP thus far. I always had difficulty against good Marauders and Sentinels but Force Mend and the redesigned Force Wave have, in my opinion, given Sages and Sorcs the ability to hold our ground against them. I was, for example, able to get the assassin medal off of one of the best Marauders I know of in Novare Coast this afternoon using these two new abilities. I also noticed that Force Mend was criting for as high as 4900. That's a nice instant heal especially when I pop'd a WZ medpac right after.

I have to agree with you in regard to the new knockback, its probably slightly better situationally though not as good for multiple people standing around you.

The loss of the 30 metre stun is a true dissapointment to me as it was pretty essential to my rotation on melee control, especially in huttball etc .

Time will tell about the knock backs viability as people learn to attack frmo different angles at one time so you cant knock them all back at once etc. Ie dont all stand one side of the sage.

In my opinion it was a nerf despite others disagreeing.

I am dissapointed that really sage healers were buffed but balance sages didnt really get a lot of love, just a trade off. The self heal won't really help me that much, I was always hoping they would make our Dots a bit more meaningful damagwise, they are so long that they get cleansed before doing much damage, and apart from keeping non cleansed people in combat I see them as pretty underwhelming for a DOT build.

In regards to the new knockback LOVE IT! I don't have to constantly apologize to my melee dps for knocking someone out of their rotation I can use it on the people I want and it knocks them back further. I feel that BW made the knockback ability more of skillful button than an oh **** get off Meh! And as for force mend its an easy 5.8k heal every 30 seconds I'm still getting used to when to cast it cause I'm not using it on CD atm but its only been day 1.

I think Force mend is the biggest improvement we have seen.

I was a DPS Sage mainly in PVP doing between 300k-600k damage depending on the Warzone and other factors. With the 1.4 build I have switched now to a Hybrid build (21-3-16) and just in the few days of playing this build I routinely am hovering right around 300k Damage AND 300k Healing in each warzone.... a great "fill in the gaps" team player build in my opinion.

I do not like the new animation on Force Wave... I'll have to get used to it as I had my timing down better with the jump animation from the old version.

Force Mend - Awesome, so many situations where this skill allows me to live just long enough to get to cover and LOS and heal up. You can even see situations in which you would have died pre 1.4.

Force Wave- Absolutely awesome in so many ways. Activates instantly so you can interrupt skills with it much more efficiently than previously. I can't tell you how many times i died while jumping in the air to do the old animation. Also it knockbacks way further than previously so you can actually use it to kill people on the bridges in voidstar now.

Force Mend - Awesome, so many situations where this skill allows me to live just long enough to get to cover and LOS and heal up. You can even see situations in which you would have died pre 1.4.

Force Wave- Absolutely awesome in so many ways. Activates instantly so you can interrupt skills with it much more efficiently than previously. I can't tell you how many times i died while jumping in the air to do the old animation. Also it knockbacks way further than previously so you can actually use it to kill people on the bridges in voidstar now.

Just as an added element, I love it as pure Pve player too. the Mend is a gap filler that allows me to use my healing comp less often, which means mobs die faster, and I have less downtime.

the new push is amazing. Which is funny...I was dreading the change (sounds too familiar....disliking change because it's change). but now it's one of the reasons I look forward to playing my consulars (shadow and sage). It's almost as good as my Jugg's force push....but it's a cone AoE.

however....from a PvP perspective I could see how those who are used to using it as a blind emergency button don't like the changes...they really did turn it from a reactive clearing device to a focused control device (much like the force push on my jugg)

I'm not a fan of the new Force Wave. It's far too situational in use, especially in PVP. The 15 degree arc needs some love. With the graphic glitches introduced on 1.4 and server side lag in WZ's the ability (while cool) is all but unusable.

Now before the "get a better computer" crap starts, I said "SERVER SIDE LAG". I'm at 100FPS plus in WZ's but the server often doesn't see what I see, hence my issue with the new Force Wave.

I'm not a fan of the new Force Wave. It's far too situational in use, especially in PVP. The 15 degree arc needs some love. With the graphic glitches introduced on 1.4 and server side lag in WZ's the ability (while cool) is all but unusable.

Now before the "get a better computer" crap starts, I said "SERVER SIDE LAG". I'm at 100FPS plus in WZ's but the server often doesn't see what I see, hence my issue with the new Force Wave.

The animation/ delay of pre 1.4 force wave combined with lag made our kb near useless. Post 1.4 with the instant cast and improved distance should at least help a bit with the lag issues. Much easier to knock someone off the rafters in huttball. Much easier to kite on other zones. Pre 1.4 it was ~50% success to kb someone off for me.... now it's probably >90%. Lag + delay = useless skill. Lag + no delay = better.

FW: Nerf

New stun range: Huuuuuge nerf

Force Mend: Kind of pointless in PvP. Useful in PvE...for the people who otherwise had to heal me. It's not my job, as dps , so keep myself topped so it's really doing more for the healers than for me personally. In PvP it has always felt like I'm either untouched or being hammered by four wild maras. No need for a heal ability when no one is touching me and it's only delaying the process by 0.1 s when I'm focused. I would have lasted longer with the 360 degree knockback.

Also, I never experienced the pre-1.4 delay on our KB to be a huge problem. ...or a problem at all.

Edited by MidichIorian

FW: Nerf

New stun range: Huuuuuge nerf

Force Mend: Kind of pointless in PvP. Useful in PvE...for the people who otherwise had to heal me. It's not my job, as dps , so keep myself topped so it's really doing more for the healers than for me personally. In PvP it has always felt like I'm either untouched or being hammered by four wild maras. No need for a heal ability when no one is touching me and it's only delaying the process by 0.1 s when I'm focused. I would have lasted longer with the 360 degree knockback.

Also, I never experienced the pre-1.4 delay on our KB to be a huge problem. ...or a problem at all.

You really haven't seen the added benefit of Force Mend? How much is it healing you for in WZ's? I find this a very interesting thought on an instant heal that sages have been missing.

Edited by naor