Horrendous stat loss with new gear

Blinkinsage

Here is my screenshots of how bad this new Dread Guard gear is for a supercommando.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822766.jpg

Why am I losing endurance (even with an augment)

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822767.jpg

What is this denfense stuff you want on our Full "SHIELD SPEC" vanguards. and again without the augment i would be gaining 2 endurance. PLZ.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822769.jpg

ok cool some more endurance. But i COMPLETELY lose my absorbtion rating? and again defense.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822770.jpg

Why do i lose so much endurance? again absorbtion GONE? and WHY do i need so much denfense.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822771.jpg

COMPLETELY LOSE MY SHIELD AND ABOSRB. gain defense again /facepalm. understand that you want a little accuracy to be in there but i hold aggro just fine against a sent who is unleashing over 2K DPS sometimes.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822772.jpg

and this.... Why would anyone in their right mind spend 350 BH comms for this pathetic implant.

Bioware pls... Look at which set you are working on before you put the stats on them. And on the idea of denfense. You guys do know that the animation of vanguards "dodging" completely renders our ability to use "abilities" useless right? You cannot get an atttack off while you're bobbing and weaving in front of a boss. Also, We have no skills that boost our defense rating. We are "SHIELD" spec.

Take a look at how much stats you are losing guys. i looked at the elite war hero stuff for my sage. On the offhand i lose everything except some force power. Why do i want to get any of this gear if we are having this itemization problem again. This gear makes me so depressed for bioware.

yeah the BH dps sets have the mods and enhancements all wrong too. Going to have to farm for months to get the guild geared out properly. most of their mods/enhancements seem to forgot that we need accuracy and power...they seem centered around crit/surge boosts instead. Just terrible all around.

I was thinking that i am not even gonna take dread guard drops in HM. Why should i when i completely lose my stats. I will stick with my campaign until someone figures out that the classes cannot be itemized the same. Edited by Blinkinsage

Its not going to be any different than how you twink your gear now. In just about every case Black hole gear (Even campaign gear) was not a clear upgrade path over Rakata or even Columni. Its all about swapping mods around to make a true set of gear. I can only hope this is the goal of the itemization team and they are not 1000% clueless when it comes to gear stats. Seriously, the way "top" end gear is itemized makes you think its all just randomly generated. Over use of crit and surge, reduction in power for dps classes, lost health and defenses for tanks. Many people I know (myself included) have spent more BH coms ripping mods out and replacing mods than actual BH gear. Heck even Campaign gear you end up swapping mods out of it because the Itemization SUCKS. Guess that is Biowares idea of return play....have you chase after a new tier of gear but then itemize it so horribly that you have to continue to chase pieces of the new tier gear to rip out and swap mods around to actually make an upgrade set.

Its not going to be any different than how you twink your gear now. In just about every case Black hole gear (Even campaign gear) was not a clear upgrade path over Rakata or even Columni. Its all about swapping mods around to make a true set of gear. I can only hope this is the goal of the itemization team and they are not 1000% clueless when it comes to gear stats. Seriously, the way "top" end gear is itemized makes you think its all just randomly generated. Over use of crit and surge, reduction in power for dps classes, lost health and defenses for tanks. Many people I know (myself included) have spent more BH coms ripping mods out and replacing mods than actual BH gear. Heck even Campaign gear you end up swapping mods out of it because the Itemization SUCKS. Guess that is Biowares idea of return play....have you chase after a new tier of gear but then itemize it so horribly that you have to continue to chase pieces of the new tier gear to rip out and swap mods around to actually make an upgrade set.

Which hurts your undergeared people, because you have guys rolling on pieces they already have, because they are trying to min max the crappy gear they have. What a crock.

Which hurts your undergeared people, because you have guys rolling on pieces they already have, because they are trying to min max the crappy gear they have. What a crock.

The thing that hurts more than that is stupidity of lockout timers. THAT is one thing I wish they'd remove TODAY. I wouldn't take someone new/undergeared to the 2 high end instances knowing that it's going to take 10+ weeks of the SAME Operation to afford ONE piece of freaking gear.

This is true, but the difference is that BH comms were easy to farm whereas trading in tokens is much harder. I guess we did this thing back with Rakata, but it felt easier then for some reason.

Here is my screenshots of how bad this new Dread Guard gear is for a supercommando.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822766.jpg

Why am I losing endurance (even with an augment)

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822767.jpg

What is this denfense stuff you want on our Full "SHIELD SPEC" vanguards. and again without the augment i would be gaining 2 endurance. PLZ.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822769.jpg

ok cool some more endurance. But i COMPLETELY lose my absorbtion rating? and again defense.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822770.jpg

Why do i lose so much endurance? again absorbtion GONE? and WHY do i need so much denfense.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822771.jpg

COMPLETELY LOSE MY SHIELD AND ABOSRB. gain defense again /facepalm. understand that you want a little accuracy to be in there but i hold aggro just fine against a sent who is unleashing over 2K DPS sometimes.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/171032/module_gallery/original/822772.jpg

and this.... Why would anyone in their right mind spend 350 BH comms for this pathetic implant.

Bioware pls... Look at which set you are working on before you put the stats on them. And on the idea of denfense. You guys do know that the animation of vanguards "dodging" completely renders our ability to use "abilities" useless right? You cannot get an atttack off while you're bobbing and weaving in front of a boss. Also, We have no skills that boost our defense rating. We are "SHIELD" spec.

Take a look at how much stats you are losing guys. i looked at the elite war hero stuff for my sage. On the offhand i lose everything except some force power. Why do i want to get any of this gear if we are having this itemization problem again. This gear makes me so depressed for bioware.

At least all the armorings are right this time. They want you to farm multiple pieces in order to customize the gear exactly the way you want. Gear in this game is centered around being customizeable - where is the fun if it's perfect as soon as you get it. Stop thinking of it as, "I finally got my BP"; instead think, "I finally got the mod and armoring I wanted". It's so stupidly easy to get gear in this game that purposefully not making the gear perfectly itemized out of the box adds replayability.

At least all the armorings are right this time. They want you to farm multiple pieces in order to customize the gear exactly the way you want. Gear in this game is centered around being customizeable - where is the fun if it's perfect as soon as you get it. Stop thinking of it as, "I finally got my BP"; instead think, "I finally got the mod and armoring I wanted". It's so stupidly easy to get gear in this game that purposefully not making the gear perfectly itemized out of the box adds replayability.

That doesn't really work for implants and earpieices though and I know the cost of implants are no where near worth what they give.

I know from a sage perspective, the MK-2 and MK-4 implants can really be thrown in teh trash if you have the EC/campaign ones.

The new stuff so far is very bad and even more so when you see the cost.

That doesn't really work for implants and earpieices though and I know the cost of implants are no where near worth what they give.

I know from a sage perspective, the MK-2 and MK-4 implants can really be thrown in teh trash if you have the EC/campaign ones.

The new stuff so far is very bad and even more so when you see the cost.

My comment wasn't directed at implants/ears.

The gear changes are indeed odd. The new elite WH sabers actually remove STR.

350 BH comms for the newest implants is absurd. There is no point in grinding that out. None at all.

You don't really have to grind it, you're going to have 350 before you know it. There is nothing else to spend them on.

Just FYI, you're looking at your augments wrong. Looking at your first screenshot, if you add an augment to the Dread Guard gear you will actually be up 10 endurance. For your arguments if you compare both pieces of gear WITHOUT AUGMENTS, the Dread Guard has more Endurance + other stats.

And if you're a decent tank, you should realize that yes, while our talents do favor "Shield" and "Absorb", "Defense" is still critical because it completely negates an attack. Shield/Absorb just makes attacks possibly not hurt as bad. Having some defense is not a bad thing at all, even if our talents do favor Shield.

Edited by KPureblade

The devs making the armor simply have no idea what they are doing. Each tier of gear should improve all your stats over the previous tier of the same gear set. I have no idea what they are thinking when they do this crap. Do they want us to actually farm eevery set of gear in the game? The whole gear grind system is a poor design. New tier should have improved stats across the board, not improve this ONE while decreasing these two/three.

This game will NEVER have a reasonable gearing system. Too much grinding just to do one type of content, let alone both. I miss SWG and it's system. Buy a set of crafted armor and use it for EVERYTHING, pve and pvp. No expertise, no ridiculous grinding and no gear separation for content. BW can keep their new Dread gear sets, I won't even bother getting them.

Edited by Kilikaa

Just FYI, you're looking at your augments wrong. Looking at your first screenshot, if you add an augment to the Dread Guard gear you will actually be up 10 endurance. For your arguments if you compare both pieces of gear WITHOUT AUGMENTS, the Dread Guard has more Endurance + other stats.

I may be worng but across the board, alosadding in augments i'm still losing 20 endurance. I may be worng tho.

And as i've explained before i've goten rid of defense because the animation is either interuppting my abilities, or locking me out of them while the animation is happening. thats why I think defense is not worth it on a tank. If we cannot maintain threat because we are "bobbing and weaving" why use the stat.

Edited by Blinkinsage

You don't really have to grind it, you're going to have 350 before you know it. There is nothing else to spend them on.

I don't care how you spin it, 350 BH comms is indeed a grinder's grind. I could see a higher price, like 100 or 150, but 350 is just wacky stupid.