Why did BW take down the 1.4 Patch Notes?

Silko

So I have just spent the past several minutes looking for the 1.4 Patch Notes. I have checked the front page, general discussion and the PTS forums and have been unable to find them. So now my question is: what have you sneaked into the patch that you do not wish people to see. This is the only MMO I have ever played where we where not given patch notes before a patch. Look at our pass patches such as 1.3.8, 1.3.7 and e.t.c. Not a single patch note was posted BEFORE the servers where taken down for the patch. In the past they have left the big patches such as 1.1 and 1.2, so why the sudden change BW?

while I thank you for posting a link to a 3rd party site that has the patch notes, this still doesn't answer my question. Why would they pull the patch notes to a major patch the night before said patch is about to come out?

They took down the PST patch notes because they always do before the patch goes live, then they put up current patch notes describing the actual patch they have implemented when the servers are ready to go. Standard procedure. They'll be up tomorrow.

while I thank you for posting a link to a 3rd party site that has the patch notes, this still doesn't answer my question. Why would they pull the patch notes to a major patch the night before said patch is about to come out?

Aside from conspiracy theories it could be because that was the PTS notes and we will get live ones in a few hours, but who knows maybe BW shot Kennedy?

Clearly these aren't the patch notes you are looking for.

I get the point.

This is the fist MMO I've played where they take the forum/website down at the same time as the servers.

And yes, in terms of patch notes the worste I've ever witnessed.

So I guess my question is going to be ignored. I have never seen a MMO that would remove patch notes the night before. For example SOE would have the patch notes for SWG up for some time before the patch came out and they would still be up the night before the patch. Also they would post the patch notes before they took down the servers even the patch only fixes one thing. I will restate my question again: Why would BW not have the patch notes for ANY patch available the night of the patch?

I can't believe 1.4 is being released w/o things all being worked out - was it really ready? Does BW really care about their customer feedback? I dont think its ready at all ... and im guessing its guaranteed to be super buggy as usual. *sigh* more downtime and more lost subs.

I was on a bit last night and it seemed to be ready everything was running fine. Only issue I saw was the shadows still seemed a bit sketchy at best.

So I guess my question is going to be ignored. I have never seen a MMO that would remove patch notes the night before. For example SOE would have the patch notes for SWG up for some time before the patch came out and they would still be up the night before the patch. Also they would post the patch notes before they took down the servers even the patch only fixes one thing. I will restate my question again: Why would BW not have the patch notes for ANY patch available the night of the patch?

it has been explained to you that this is, and always has been their policy.

Why that's the case only they know, so any further clarification cannot be given by the people on these boards.

Why that's the case only they know, so any further clarification cannot be given by the people on these boards.

tho I'm sure plenty of form goers will clamor in here and tell you their theories and opinions on it and then probably claim them as fact... gotta love the internet :)

I am clearly aware of this. My point is why? Why would they do something that NO other MMO has ever done? Why not keep something as simple as patch notes up?

The same reason they would take the servers down in the prime playing time of their customers.

Lets see... maybe it has something to do with those patch notes were for the PTS server only and were not the final patch notes, as they have changed something between the last PTS build and the new live build launching today. So to stop confusion they remove the PTS patch notes (which are no longer relevant at this point since 1.4 is releasing as soon as the servers are back up) and they will post the full live patch notes just before the server goes up.

I am clearly aware of this. My point is why? Why would they do something that NO other MMO has ever done? Why not keep something as simple as patch notes up?

I've seen lots of games do it... even more games put up no patch notes till AFTER the patch... which always made the most sense to me because hey sometimes things change last minute

Bioware has always put out the patch notes after the patch. They own the company so its kind of their call how they do it. I do not understand what the problem is. Also the build on PTS possibly was not the final build. They can add new things or make changes internally and not publish it to the PTS.

Really, maybe your MMO book of experience needs a bit of a dust off cos this is nothing new in my own book of knowledge.

The PTS notes were put up in relation to what the PTS was playing out... however after feedback, testing etc etc what actually goes live today with the update might have differences and so the patch notes you might of seen for PTS are longer relevant.. why is that such a conspiracy to you??

Edited by Bloodstealer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.