what would you do differently?

turnoverla-page

Heyden Christensen

Actually I think they did a great job casting him, I liked the idea of Anakin being quite willful and arrogant. Honestly though it made sense why Obi-wan spoke greatly about Lukes father.

If you had a friend who went bad or even if say your people went evil and wanted to destroy creation so they could ascend and become creatures of pure conscious you would try to remember the old days inorder to cope.

A rather vague question, but...

I'll go with the speeder bike scene on Endor in Jedi. Horribly done. It was blatantly obvious the actors are sitting on bikes in front of a screen. I recall watching that in '83 and thinking to myself, how much worse it would look in a decade or two.

With all the tweaking Lucas has done to his movies over the years, that's something that should have been addressed and/or done differently.

Han shoots first

the force is a germ that can be counted in the blood stream...COMEON!!!!,SERIOUSLY???? I mean REALLY!!!! How is the damn thing mysterious at all if you can quantify it or if it could perhaps be cured with penecilin......for F**KS' SAKE, COMEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A rather vague question, but...

I'll go with the speeder bike scene on Endor in Jedi. Horribly done. It was blatantly obvious the actors are sitting on bikes in front of a screen. I recall watching that in '83 and thinking to myself, how much worse it would look in a decade or two.

With all the tweaking Lucas has done to his movies over the years, that's something that should have been addressed and/or done differently.

That scene is what prompted the invention of the steady cam :)

What you are "complaining" about can be said about any and all movies with special effects. Go back and watch any of the Alien or Terminator movies from the 80s and early 90s and you'll see the exact same issues.

getting back on topic...

The only thing I would do would be to leave the OT at the Special Edition level of changes. Having seen the OT when it was originally released and when the Special Edition came out, the additions and changes made for the Special Edition (with the one exception being Han shooting first) were for the most part special effect enhancements. The one or two additional scenes were also nice. I can understand why Lucas wanted to make those changes. After that though, he became way too nit picky and over did it.

Boba staying dead, because well....he has eluded death too many times(I mean really, falling and escaping sarlacc 3 TIMES? MAGIC NEEDLE? SURVIVING A FIGHT WITH VADER? WHAT!). More over would also declare that his fight with Vader be N-canon, or even better just rip it out of Star Wars lore entirely not even have it be N-canon it just wouldn't exist. Also the same for Jango and him killing 12 jedi bare handed. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

That scene is what prompted the invention of the steady cam :)

What you are "complaining" about can be said about any and all movies with special effects. Go back and watch any of the Alien or Terminator movies from the 80s and early 90s and you'll see the exact same issues.

getting back on topic...

The only thing I would do would be to leave the OT at the Special Edition level of changes. Having seen the OT when it was originally released and when the Special Edition came out, the additions and changes made for the Special Edition (with the one exception being Han shooting first) were for the most part special effect enhancements. The one or two additional scenes were also nice. I can understand why Lucas wanted to make those changes. After that though, he became way too nit picky and over did it.

The "Steadicam" was invented before then. Back on topic though...

The Endor speeder bike scene could have been done differently.

Edited by Pirana

Han shoots first

the force is a germ that can be counted in the blood stream...COMEON!!!!,SERIOUSLY???? I mean REALLY!!!! How is the damn thing mysterious at all if you can quantify it or if it could perhaps be cured with penecilin......for F**KS' SAKE, COMEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not. Midiclorins are just mirco-orginizams that help be a conduit for the force in a living being. the force is still the force.

No New Mandalorians.

I think they explained them very well....still I f'ing hate them.

I'd at the very least would have done some episodes with Mandalorian Mercenaries or Bounty Hunters. Or have an episode with Clones vs Mandos. With some of the Clones being old enough to recognize Jango and his heritage and thinking that would save them and when they see it doesn't they have to come to terms with it....even have an episode where they face a former instructor. I think it would have made for a decent story arc.

No New Mandalorians.

I think they explained them very well....still I f'ing hate them.

I'd at the very least would have done some episodes with Mandalorian Mercenaries or Bounty Hunters. Or have an episode with Clones vs Mandos. With some of the Clones being old enough to recognize Jango and his heritage and thinking that would save them and when they see it doesn't they have to come to terms with it....even have an episode where they face a former instructor. I think it would have made for a decent story arc.

You obviously have not seen any new trailers or clips for the upcoming Clone Wars season.

Anyway, I'd change Revan's ending and have him die at the hands of Vitiate than live on and have a horrible story in the Foundry.

You obviously have not seen any new trailers or clips for the upcoming Clone Wars season.

Anyway, I'd change Revan's ending and have him die at the hands of Vitiate than live on and have a horrible story in the Foundry.

To be fair, Jedi Prisoner was actually pretty well done, but they went and ruined it with the Foundry story, imo.

I'm still hoping that Revan returns later in the JK storyline when....

the Knight faces off against the Emperor for the rematch. Since it's been established that Vitiate didn't die at the end of the Knight chapter 3, and it will probably take a Brand style sacrifice to stop him, who better to sacrifice himself to stop his ages old nemesis than Revan?

To be fair, Jedi Prisoner was actually pretty well done, but they went and ruined it with the Foundry story, imo.

I'm still hoping that Revan returns later in the JK storyline when....

the Knight faces off against the Emperor for the rematch. Since it's been established that Vitiate didn't die at the end of the Knight chapter 3, and it will probably take a Brand style sacrifice to stop him, who better to sacrifice himself to stop his ages old nemesis than Revan?

To be fair, the Hero of Tython is at such a caliber of power, that he might just be able to defeat the Emperor. Sounds crazy, right? But seriously, the game has evolved him into the most powerful being of the Jedi Order.

To be fair, the Hero of Tython is at such a caliber of power, that he might just be able to defeat the Emperor. Sounds crazy, right? But seriously, the game has evolved him into the most powerful being of the Jedi Order.

Have you read Empire's End? That's what it's going to take to stop Vitiate once and for all. You do know this, right? Nothing short of what Empatojayos Brand did will stop him from returning. Now, as I see it...

If not Revan (say if your Knight didn't do the Maelstrom FP) then Satele would be there instead. Whichever way it works out, I see the Knight and either Revan or Satele attacking the Emperor as a team, but when the Emperor's health drops to 1 HP, he lashes out and mortally wounds your partner. That would leave the Emperor open for the Knight to strike him down. Now, to make sure he never returns, Revan or Satele would have to draw his spirit into themselves to make sure he never returns.

But knowing game storytellers, they'll find a way to mess things up. So chances are it won't play out that way. :p

Have you read Empire's End? That's what it's going to take to stop Vitiate once and for all. You do know this, right? Nothing short of what Empatojayos Brand did will stop him from returning. Now, as I see it...

If not Revan (say if your Knight didn't do the Maelstrom FP) then Satele would be there instead. Whichever way it works out, I see the Knight and either Revan or Satele attacking the Emperor as a team, but when the Emperor's health drops to 1 HP, he lashes out and mortally wounds your partner. That would leave the Emperor open for the Knight to strike him down. Now, to make sure he never returns, Revan or Satele would have to draw his spirit into themselves to make sure he never returns.

But knowing game storytellers, they'll find a way to mess things up. So chances are it won't play out that way. :p

Vitiate isn't Palpatine.... we don't even know if he can do transfer essence.

I doubt it, since Palpatine is supposedly the one who discovered it according to Wookieepedia.

Vitiate isn't Palpatine.... we don't even know if he can do transfer essence.

I doubt it, since Palpatine is supposedly the one who discovered it according to Wookieepedia.

Then I suggest you read up on Vitiate some more. Palpatine might have rediscovered it, but Vitiate invented it, as far as anyone knows. His "Children" are trained and conditioned to accept his spirit, instead of using Clones as Palpatine did. Also, during the Warrior storyline....

On Voss, the Emperor is trapped inside the Voss down in The Dark Heart. You have to kill the body to free him.

They both have the ability to jump bodies.

Then I suggest you read up on Vitiate some more. Palpatine might have rediscovered it, but Vitiate invented it, as far as anyone knows. His "Children" are trained and conditioned to accept his spirit, instead of using Clones as Palpatine did. Also, during the Warrior storyline....

On Voss, the Emperor is trapped inside the Voss down in The Dark Heart. You have to kill the body to free him.

Hmm, I guess I was wrong.

Vitiate did not invent Essence transfer, given that Andeddu probably discovered it before the Great Hyperspace War and even if he didn't, there would have been no way for Andeddu to learn it from Vitiate to put it inside his holocron in the first place.