Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

TBH i really dont know what the best solution is, only BW/EA does! As I said before they get paid the big bucks to make a decision to which they really should soon!

But I think its great they are letting the APAC community have their say on what we want the most... all though wasnt there 1900 posts already mentioning this?!? :eek:

Keep it real and keep the suggestions coming. Someone mentioned I should edit page 1 and post the top suggestions, this would be an epic task but I think BW/EA can do a bit of work for once regarding this issue :p

<3 Chippy

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Option 2

1. Force Merge into 1 super server (Dalborra)

2. Open up xfers to those that arent happy to US and EU servers

3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

This makes most sense

Someone mentioned I should edit page 1 and post the top suggestions, this would be an epic task but I think BW/EA can do a bit of work for once regarding this issue :p

<3 Chippy

Isn't that what Community Representatives are for anyway?

:jawa_evil:

I like how DCUO handles this... PvE and PvP are seperate phases that require a fixed point portal to reset your player.

I like how STO players handled RP when they went one server... find a spot to RP in peace.

Merge the servers... and run more phases to cover both PvE & PvP (ala like DCUO)

For the Roleplayers... create new RP-Only locations, like a phased Bars on Capital City and a seperate Fleet. Where the Roleplayer rules of conduct are applied.

Can you merge all servers into one and make PVE, RP and PvP server-wide mirrors on this mega-server? With 1-2 weeks timers for mirror change (or even without mirror change feature).

Also, it would solve cross-server pvp problem...

Of course this is not an easy task, but it is useful to you in the future (2 US servers 3 EU and 1 APAC :rolleyes:).

sry for my english! :p

Edited by Glower

Merge the servers into one PVE server. Let pvp be bound to warzones and illum/makeb.

Allow for server transfers from US to APAC again.

To help bring back the latest group of dissatisfied players waiting 3 months for an answer to come.

Give a free month sub to people who have logged into a APAC server in the last 3 months for the same reasoning as Daniel Erickson gave for giving a free month to players waiting for patch 1.2.

I only ignore the option to US servers in the hope that APAC has enough players to reach a satisfied self sufficient sized server, instead of having extra players for a while until it bleeds to death again.

Edited by Snorlaxo

I say... let us transfer.

If we want to stay, we can stay. If we want to go US servers, we go US servers. If we want to go to Dalborra, we can go Dalborra. It's the simplest solution there is.... throw the ball into our park and let us play the game with whichever choice we think is best for us. And please, don't charge us for it... this has been an issue that we brought up months ago. While many will certainly pay for it, it'll be out of desperation. With F2P, we know you guys are making a killing so please, please, just don't punish us for playing the game.

Well, I think all 3 should merge, however, transfers are at least needed.

In regards to not getting along with other servers (PvP/RP/PvE): I have a 50 on gav and 3 on dalborra and I can say, population aside, they do pretty much the same thing. As much as I don't actively look for it on Gav, I have only seen public RP'ing once which, regardless, I doubt would be a problem. Since I don't do anything on master D all I can say is what I've seen on the forums. It's dead, alarmist any teenage is preferable and, most importantly, they seem to be doing a lot of raiding and ranked PvP whilst not much open world PvP (if we merge you can always just enable it) the same as the other 3 servers.

Correct me if I am wrong on anything here, but I believe merging all APAC Servers into one "Super-Server" is the most profitable answer.

I reckon it should be a merge of all 3 servers. It makes more sense for us to keep an oceanic server with the low ping for pvp and end game, than for a transfer to the us west coast servers. Though I think open server transfer's would be nice for those people that are wanting to just be on a pvp/pve/rp server, but would rather that happened after the apac server merge.

Option 2

3. Do what you did last year and give all APAC registered players to XFER their chars off EU/US servers to Dalborra.

This makes most sense

This seems to be the most popular and over all beneficial/logical choice. I, for one, am all for it!

Edited by OGsam

Option 2

This makes most sense

I agree, I support this option as the most viable solution. It addresses the core problem while providing a alternative for those who don't like the merge.

I know there are those who won't like either solution presented in the quote above but in reality there is going to be no perfect solution and no matter what road is taken to address this, there will always be some people unhappy and opposing it.

The best option that will grow on people over time is merging all 3 into a PvE-RP server, Merging the 2 populations into Dalborra will be the best thing for them and will be recognised over time, moving to a US server is just ridiculous you can imagine it now but once your competing in either ranked or PvE world firsts, the latency will become such a frequent problem.

Dalborra has had a strong population while the other two declined over time. Pops have been frequent at all times for both PvE and PvP. A community atmosphere has developed over time and we are now at a good point, everyone knows everyone and organized events have helped bring entertainment and community atmosphere to the server.

Problems you’re going to find with this merge is the things you like being RP and world PvP will simply not happen unless you make it happen. People on Dalborra will not be as accommodating as you might like while there are people who will go out of their way to share our home with you there are those who will find joy in dragging down what you enjoy, just prepare yourself for putting up with people whom have poor attitudes.

I hope you can come to enjoy Dalborra as much as we will enjoy it once you’re here.

I would pretty much have to agree with what Saedus says here, those of us on Dalborra have pretty much developed a tightly-knit community even in the midst of all the trash talk so you might find that you'll like it here. Granted, there will be people who will try to troll you and ruin your day but on the whole, I've seen a lot of people here who go out of their way to help others.

Furthermore, it might seem bumpy at the start for the GD and MDN players with regards to RPing and open world PVPers but I believe that once YOU guys get it started, you'll find that more people from Dalborra (and each other) will join in. Most of us don't start RP sessions ourselves 'cause we don't think peeps here do it I believe, but there are some, like Keiga in our server, who would be willing to take you up on RPing. That being said, there will be the problem of "where should I do this, how would I know if people want to RP" etc, my belief is that maybe you can flag yourself for RPing (can't recall if they have this option or if it was SWG/LOTRO) or maybe take it a step further and make instances for RPing and allow people to swap to and fro when they wanna RP or wanna take a break.

With regards to flagging for PVP, if all the MDN peeps flag and play, you'll probably find that there will be peeps from Dalborra or GD who also want to do PVP on planets an over time might start flagging themselves as well. If that doesn't seem to work then maybe also have PVP instances as well, not sure how well that would work though and might end up being too messy. With regards to WZs, we do have quite an active WZ PVP community, with 50 pops still going at midnight HK/Perth time and lowbie often just popping 24/7. That being said, the 50 pops sometimes die earlier/slow down due to commitments such as work/school etc but on the whole, I'd say that 50 PVP on Dalborra is quite healthy.

Also, it could be possible to maybe have a second window for any APAC players on US/EU servers who were/are eligible and willing to have their toons transferred over here if they had missed the previous window (I for one missed it myself 'cause I was on a hiatus from TOR, sent a ticket to transfer here) and then maybe have a little trial period after any merger/transfer, see it people like it here or if they would prefer higher pings on US/EU servers and allow people to transfer to them if they do wish.

Option 2

Most importantly!!! THIS SERVICE MUST BE FREE!!!! We have suffered long enough.

^ yes =P

Sorry for the huge wall of text :p I just wanted to try to address the issues for a better experience for as many people as possible :)

Edited by Rorkiy

The option I'm batting for, merge all 3 servers. This will Solve population issues at least until paid transfer service (Or whatever is planned later down the track) where people whom are asking for transfers to American servers can do so. (I'm obviously not 100% sure, but I feel like they would be the minority of people who want SOMETHING done.) I also think that merging the servers into a PVE server and people experiencing the larger population that all 3 would bring may reduce the number of people wanting transfer to American server (Obviously you'll never really satisfy everyone though.) I do think that keeping an APAC server open will entice future APAC players to join the game and I know many players who will leave the game if the APAC servers are closed.

This is what I vote for.

Just gonna say that my vote is on an APAC server merge.

I think merging the servers will create a large enough and enjoyable community that will be able to support the game and what people want from it. Once people see the merge and the population it brings (not only from bringing pop from the other servers but also no doubt increased pop from returning players who have left the game while waiting for a merge) that people will be happy on the APAC servers and not feel a need to transfer to the NA ones. I think losing the community we have by transferring us all to a NA server would be a shame and would probably deter new players from APAC trying out the game.

But I definitely also think that with a merge should come free transfers BACK to the APAC servers for people in the region who have given up and rerolled on a NA server while waiting for a solution to the APAC population problem. Many people I'm sure have rolled there after having given up on APAC problems ever being solved and have simply taken matters in to their own hands to enjoy the game in the meantime, and I don't think that time and effort should be wasted by forcing them to abandon yet another set of characters just to come back to APAC.

Pretty much same as what's already been said, but I just wanted to cast my vote in. :)

Edited by Michka

This is one thing I have noticed with RP players posting in these threads so far. They are very set in their ways and don't like anything that doesn't conform to their RP community.

There comes a point where the livelihood of a game outweighs the necessity of strict RP rules within 1 sub-community of the game. For example If merging into a PvE server meant I couldn't go and gank lvl 30s on my lvl 50 so be it. I really don't mind all that much losing a small part of the game for a much larger population and/or quality of game play improvement, and I expect others to feel the same. If they don't they are being extremely self-centered and selfish.

Give it a break Tom. The MD crowd is pushing for a merge because a bigger crowd benefits their playstyle. I totally appreciate that, but let's not pretend that you are somehow being magnanimous here. Giving up the right to gank players 20 levels below you - lol, clearly you are consideration personified ;).

We all want a solution that suits us best; we are all selfish in that regard and so we should be since it's a service we all pay for. I think that merging with MD with Dalborra would be sufficient. New players would be more likely to role on that server because most usually go for the server with the highest pop.

HI

I play on Master Dar'Nala. While I had some interesting experience's in world pvp while leveling even with large amounts of people around it was very few and far between most planets except for maybe voss were faction serperated. Very rarely could you gank someone and even if you did the consequences of it was that poor scrub would get camped no backup in sight,

This PVP / PvE / RP server scenario is outdated. This was set in stone in the minds of most developers when wow was released. I find that separating communities because of a simple tag is actually inhibiting the potential of this game especially on the APAC servers. PVP and RP options have been severely underdeveloped in this game the shear amount of players lost when you pulled ranked at the last minute having no goals to reach outside of pretty gear. There are smarter ways ( I am sure of it ) to provide the needs of PvP PvE and RP on one server. It just requires a bit more thought and engineering from you.

MDN is suffering merging the APAC together will bring players back to the low ping they deserve and the quality of game they want. You will never please everyone with a merge but it will make life far more pleasant for a majority if us on MDN. I would say 75% of us will not care about not being pvp flagged while leveling.

Zarth Mangore

Option 2

This makes most sense

I agree with this.And as noted elsewhere, the initial Transfer's would be eaiser to stomach if BW made them free. Not forever, just until everyone settles after the Merge.

Give it a break Tom. The MD crowd is pushing for a merge because a bigger crowd benefits their playstyle. I totally appreciate that, but let's not pretend that you are somehow being magnanimous here. Giving up the right to gank players 20 levels below you - lol, clearly you are consideration personified ;).

We all want a solution that suits us best; we are all selfish in that regard and so we should be since it's a service we all pay for. I think that merging with MD with Dalborra would be sufficient. New players would be more likely to role on that server because most usually go for the server with the highest pop.

Geez you've got a pessimistic view of people that play on a PVP server. No wonder you RP because you clearly can't fathom reality.

THERE

IS

NO

OPEN

WORLD

PVP

I spaced it out for you.

Option 2

Speaking as someone on MDN and who would lose out a tiny pointless part of the game. I would not care. As long as we can recruit players for operations and ranked pvp, I am fine with it.

Edited by -Jay-

But I definitely also think that with a merge should come free transfers BACK to the APAC servers for people in the region who have given up and rerolled on a NA server while waiting for a solution to the APAC population problem. Many people I'm sure have rolled there after having given up on APAC problems ever being solved and have simply taken matters in to their own hands to enjoy the game in the meantime, and I don't think that time and effort should be wasted by forcing them to abandon yet another set of characters just to come back to APAC.

A good point that BW/EA should take into account

Latency breaks this game for both PVP and PVE. Talking as someone that has seen first hand 2 guild members go from an operations liability (constant wipes) to top DPS and full clear (after changing ISP). Its a game breaker.

Guilds making progression in ops need low latency and anyone wanting competitive PVP should want everyone to be able to play.

my vote is above.

Edited by -Jay-