No extra Character Slots for Oceanic

Bocek

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing I've read.

Are you in a hurry to roll 4 new characters right away?

:cool:

Two actually. Been waiting a long time to do it. Yeah I can wait a bit longer. I'd just like them to say when they're going to update the single constant that controls how many characters we can have. And of course I know they will have to take the servers down for 8 hours to change this 1 line of code.

I am online from 4pm through to about 1am. I generally see every time that would be considered "peak" time.

Yes, a server merge is needed. We can not wait till F2P for the extra 15 or 20 players it will bring.

loled, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this.

That's beyond funny. Not only did they forget to update the oceanic servers, but they also brought the servers down for no reason. At the rate BW is losing rep and subscriptions by the time f2p hits there will be well below the 500k subscriptions and in the red. They are shooting themselves in the foot and f2p hasn't even hit live.

QFT

It really does amaze me how poorly BW are running this game, it's not rocket science... even Funcom manage to get more things right

Hi folks! Thanks for raising awareness for this! Rest assured that Oceanic servers will be getting 12 character slots as well. Apologies for the confusion and the wait as we work on making this adjustment. Thank you for your patience!

Really? How exactly does this happen? I'm in America so I'm not affected, but this is completely unacceptable.

Oh and I bet your totally an expert on maintaning and up keeping an MMO, right.

Wow, someone needs some valium...

I don't need to have run an MMO to know what good communications and management is. Completely ignoring a section of the customer base about population issues for instance is just deplorable. There are how many threads about APAC server pops now, and still no word from BW?

They've invested a lot of money into making APAC servers, yet it baffles me why they just keep pissing everyone on those servers off with just stupid errors. Like taking the servers offline day after day during our primetime for maintenance, at one stage this was happening 3-4 times a week, and not a scrap of comms about it. It wasn't even for important things but usually to fix patches!

I'm pretty sure the 9+ hours was for the mergers of hundreds of thousands of characters on to new servers.

We must already have the updated build, I don't think they would allow differences in the version on different servers.

They must have missed UPDATE apac-servers SET chr-slots=12 WHERE characters > 0

:d_grin:

I'm pretty sure the 9+ hours was for the mergers of hundreds of thousands of characters on to new servers.

We must already have the updated build, I don't think they would allow differences in the version on different servers.

They must have missed UPDATE apac-servers SET chr-slots=12 WHERE characters > 0

:d_grin:

it doesn't apply just to people who have characters, but to anyone with an account. Some sort of #define MAX_CHAR_SLOTS 12 was missed whether it was in C++ or SQL is irrelevant though. The 12 hours was to merge other servers with other servers. APAC was not touched but had to sit offline for that duration, and according to the dev post, would actually now be at a a different version because we didn't get updated.

I'm a GM of the largest guild on Gav Daragon since server start and I've been encouraging my players to stop playing when they tell me they are tired of the game. When people I consider friends come to me and say "This game isn't fun." it'd be irresponsible of me to try and compel them, using guilt or claims of friendship, to continue. ToR hasn't been good to us; why should I let people I like continue to be strung along by a company that won't even acknowledge us?

how many members? Force Crusaders has 270+ atm

it doesn't apply just to people who have characters, but to anyone with an account. Some sort of #define MAX_CHAR_SLOTS 12 was missed whether it was in C++ or SQL is irrelevant though. The 12 hours was to merge other servers with other servers. APAC was not touched but had to sit offline for that duration, and according to the dev post, would actually now be at a a different version because we didn't get updated.

Yeah, I was just adding that sql in for fun. Who knows how they do it!

Hmm, I guess the servers will have to go down for a significant amount of time to give us the update with the extra slots. If only they would merge our servers at the same time :d_evil:

How come we seem to be ignored and US players seem to get all the attention its not just in this game its in every game from North America getting games released first to games being changed for them with the rest of the world being 7 billion get over looked.

I am not trying to be political and apologize if i am sounding so, but i'm just wondering why paying customers such as ourselves get treated like left overs or fourth glass players.

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

Trouble is that our servers are not based on one locations e.g Australia, the servers are made up of the Asia Pacific region from Japan to Tasmania all with different time zones which mean that there is not "peak time" and so when life's demands interfere with game time server population falls.

Personally, i don't see how a server merge in our region is going to increase our pop by much, maybe (fingers crossed) that F2P will bring in the crowds

Maybe I'm just being naive, but my experience on one of the North American servers is that there are a lot of people logging in during non-Prime Time hours for their regional server.

If the Oceanic servers are merged across timezones, wouldn't that still be helpful? Everyone who logs on at a particular Prime Time range will still be logging on during those ranges, but they may pick up extra bodies from people logging in during off-hours in the other timezones.

Sounds like a win/win to me?

Maybe I'm just being naive, but my experience on one of the North American servers is that there are a lot of people logging in during non-Prime Time hours for their regional server.

If the Oceanic servers are merged across timezones, wouldn't that still be helpful? Everyone who logs on at a particular Prime Time range will still be logging on during those ranges, but they may pick up extra bodies from people logging in during off-hours in the other timezones.

Sounds like a win/win to me?

The problem is also latency. I don't want to go back to 400ms. I like my 41ms. Thanks but no thanks.

There are how many threads about APAC server pops now, and still no word from BW?

Well they sat on US/EU population issue for what, like 3-4 months without comment. This caused them to lose about 1/4 of their player base. So I wouldn't expect any real answers on population until next year sometime. By then there will be 5 players on the fleet and they may as well just close the servers.

seriously guys

Bioware have already stated that this was a mistake. Let the people do their job. Relax and breathe, we will get the extra character slots..

I do understand how frustrating it must be sitting on a computer chair waiting to create a new character....

Edited by GhostNato

how many members? Force Crusaders has 270+ atm

I was a member of Force Crusaders when our GM and his regular buddies abandoned the rest of the members to go to Balmorra server. You've got no business claiming any sort cudos for Force Crusaders on Gav Daragon - it is essentially defunct for quite some time now.

I was a member of Force Crusaders when our GM and his regular buddies abandoned the rest of the members to go to Balmorra server. You've got no business claiming any sort cudos for Force Crusaders on Gav Daragon - it is essentially defunct for quite some time now.

Well mate, I am still the GM for Force Crusaders. I log on nearly every day as Maulik. The server is dead and most of our guild was inactive or unsubbed before we left to go on to the Dalborra server. I have asked a few members in the /whisper and quite a few don't want to reroll but would prefer a merger/transfer.