Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

Currently in the recruitment process for Pax Imperius and a few thoughts I believe I should share.

I was in the original Pax in SWG. Planned to come over to the guild when TOR came out , but my PC wasn't up to par. I've recently acquired one and now I can play!

Much like the old guild everyone is SUPER friendly. I can not stress that enough. I've felt pretty welcome in a lot of places, but this just seems to be the right place for just about everyone (excluding jerks...no one likes jerks).

The process of actually keeping up with the application and talking with the guild is pretty neat.

Can't wait to play as much as I can with these guys!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have currently finished the recruitment period with PAX and I will have to say it has been a unique and rather fun experience. I have been playing MMO's since Ruins of Kunark on Everquest and have gone through many MMO's and guilds and I have never had a recruitment experience quite like this.

The questions asked were fun, offbeat, and even at time challenging, and all around crazy! Not only does it give the community a chance to get to know you, but you learn a bit about the community through the questions that get asked and these people are crazy and fun.

The guild is full of wonderful people and the recruitment process is there to make sure applicants will fit in and get along. I"m halfway through and am sad when I miss days of talking to people on the forums or in game.

I'm currently a recruit for PAX Imperius, the Empire-affiliated branch of PAX Gaming. PAX has a guild in a variety of different games, so I was very interested to be part of this extensive network of players.

What especially has me convinced that I've chosen the right guild is how organized the recruitment process has been designed. This two-week process for acceptance into the guild should definitely weed out the less mature players, and it is an excellent opportunity for new and veteran players to bond with each other.

With so many members in the guild, there are always other guildmates online, so I'm looking forward to a lot of great interaction over the coming months with this great group.

I am in the application process for the Pax community. It is a two week long process where the folks try and get to know you a little better. It is an interesting take on the guild recruiting process and while it does not require an exorbitant amount of your time, it will definitely require a bit of thought and a few minutes every couple of days to complete the process.

At first I looked at it as a barrier for entry, but now that I am almost done I can see it for what it is. It requires just enough effort that someone has to work a little to gain entry into the guild. This weeds out the random guild hopper and troll since it requires a few minutes of their time over an extended period. Additionally, it helps the Pax community AND yourself know that you are serious about joining the community. I know I had to stop at some point to question if this was what I really wanted to do. Not that the initiation was all that difficult or anything, but I knew if I wasn't sure about joining this community it would just be a waste of my time.

All in all, it was ultimately an enjoyable process and though I haven't done a whole lot with this group in game yet, I can say that the application process shouldn't scare anyone off.

I have been through many guild applications for different MMOs, while I must say, this one was the most unique and enjoyable. They really want to get to know who you are and what your thought process is. It seems like the leadership really wants to make sure you will fit in the guild and they will fit with you. While lengthy in process and makes you wonder what they are thinking about your responses, it's really a good way of vetting a player.

I've known a couple from SWG and the leadership looks well organized. Which is great for a player like me who doesn't want drama, and wants people to have fun with.

Overall, it was a good process. I approve.

-Pixel

• 2 weeks later...

With an interest in providing support for Republic PvP I decided to finish leveling my Shadow. However, with the knowledge that one toon typically wont' make much of a difference, I started to look for a guild. Pax has been on my radar for a while, and with the knowledge that they exist across a spectrum of MMOs, and that I would always have a guild no matter where I went, I decided to put in an application.

Say whatever you want about Pax, but never say they don't like to have fun. Long term enjoyment of a game is contingent on that one aspect. Fun. I have enjoyed my time in the guild so far and even in the face of excruciating losses, they never forget that this is a game and that we should be having fun while playing it. This extends even to the application process, as they interact with you during the trial period to really get a feel for who you are and how you can fit within the guild. That said, I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I'm looking forward to more.

The application process is the most interesting I've ever seen and I think it helps to weed out those that might not want to put the time into the game that is needed to help make a strong guild. So far they have been helpful and I'm hoping to still get to know them better though I feel welcome with only being halfway through the process. Edited by Aithen

Not much I can say in my application process that hasn't already been said. Unique, funny, helpful, the members are what has been said here. I will add that, the members seem to genuinely want to get to know you as a person which sets them apart from others. Its a good time.

I am currently in the Pax recruiting process and this is something I've never seen before. I am a simple man, I don't need to be the best at these games but I would love to play with people online. Here I feel like I'm meeting people while playing an enjoyable game. Can't wait to be a full member!

- BlvckAdam

I'm currently taking part in the application process of Pax and I have to say it's been some of the most enjoyable time I've had playing SWTOR. Having been unable to play with my pre-launch guild from SWG during the initial launch and then having practically all of them quit by the time I finally could play, was rather inconvenient and disappointing for me as I really wanted to play this game the way I played SWG. Due to such, I've been playing rather inconsistently the past few years, doing little more than warzones and the leveling grind due to the lack being apart of a community such as I was in SWG. However, thanks to the opportunity Pax has provided, I'm getting back to being a more serious gamer like I previously was, having finally run my first operation last weekend (which was a blast) as well as taking part in warzones with some of the best the server has to offer. In short, I would highly recommend anyone looking for an incredibly welcoming and friendly community to apply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow Swtor fans. I'm Outcastt and I'm new to PAX. I am switching guilds not because my old guild sucked but because it dissolved. I had a great home with friends I'll have for life but real life sometimes take the steam out of the best laid plans and such went our guild.

I'm telling you this because I want you to understand when I say my experience with PAX gaming has been outstanding I really mean it. I almost left the game entirely and if it wasn't for the players I've meant here and the openness of this community I'd be play something else now. We all know there a lot you can do in SWTOR solo but at it's core SWTOR is about community and PAX is one of the finest. You can be who you want to be and bring your friend along when you want. Need help we're here, want to solo go ahead, feel like RPing have at it, need a break take one, another game calling your name chances are PAX is already there wait to welcome you. The point you can be the gamer you've been and have the the best guild in SWTOR standing with you when you need it.

If you need a guild and you want one that's filled with real gamers not drama and power politics try out PAX and if you need hand look me up I'd love to help you out.

Hello! I'm Kuawen (Aola'dira in game) and a new recruit to PAX. I'm within the final days of my application process and I've been asked to post my thoughts on the experience thus far. At first applying with PAX was very daunting (they have over 2000 members, spread out over 10 games!) but after getting to know the leadership and a few of the members over the last (almost) 2 weeks I can tell they have that extra...something that makes such a large organization work. These guys have been around for a long time, going on 13 years, and I've seen other guilds try to imitate their principles and just crash and burn, but not PAX. Everyone I've met has been very welcoming and supportive of my playstyle and snail's leveling pace (and even a little bit zany). And because I'm a roleplayer I have paid close attention to their IC angle and it's something I can totally get behind both IC and OOC.

Good evening, everyone. I'm a new recruit to Pax (and also the IRL spouse of Kuawen right above me) and we decided to look for a guild home in Pax because we wanted a community that supported our play-style, which is, well, a little bit of almost everything. And I strongly believe we have found it. I was in Pax in SWG way back in that day, and they've held to the same principles that made them the best guild back then, too. Fun, respect, and awesome storylines for those who are into that sort of thing (like me).

The recruiting process is only as serious as it needs to be, which isn't as much as it seems. We enjoyed it. There was little pressure and a lot of fun questions. If you're considering Pax, I can almost guarantee you'll find something you really like about it, whatever kind of player you are.

Well I have to say after applying to Pax I am genuinely impressed with the whole guild. So far they are a great group of people who look out for one another and have a good time.

I have to admit at first the application process seemed like a little overkill but after doing it I have to admit it is pretty innovative. It gives a group of total strangers a better idea of who the person is that is applying without making it out to be an interrogation. There is no pressure to do anything and they have people actively involved in all aspects of the game so there is something for everyone.

I would highly recommend Pax to anyone and don't let the application process scare you. Just do it and have fun with it.

Rothen

Edited by Bimmer

At first I was hesitant to actually go an -apply- for a guild. It seems a little too much like paperwork and a job application. But I have to say, the application part has actually been a fun way to get to know some of the guildies and the crew itself is pretty great. Been having a lot of fun running with them.

Ok, since my dog is being held at gunpoint and I've been told he'll be executed if I don't post this...

(Not really.)

Some thoughts.

You're looking to join a guild. You hear about this one. They seem like a nice enough bunch of people, and you think you just might want to sign on. "But oh, there's a probationary period. But oh, there's a web-based application that they make you fill out, but oh, there's an interview and everything, and why do I have to jump through so many hoops just to find some people to play a game with?"

If that's what you're thinking, I understand. I do. Let me try to put your mind at ease. The tar and feathers are only for show. The giant paddles are only used for really recalcitrant newbies who don't know how to bow and scrape properly, and I've heard of only one instance of the whips and chains having to be dragged into use.

For the most part, it's as much a case of "Do you really want to be here, with this bunch of lunatics? Think hard." as much as it is anything else. It's an extended game of get-to-know-you that's aimed more at throwing an applicant and his potential guildies together in a small cell for an extended period of time and seeing whether they're more likely to become friends or murder each other. (I'm pleased to say the end result is usually not homicide!)

Is it all fun and games? Well... no. Is it something spooky and intimidating? Also no.

Ok, there... I've done what you asked... will... will you guys let Buster go, now? And... and will you glue his tail back on? P-please?

I will admit, I was really picky in selecting a guild: I was searching for large, active, organized and functional guild. There are either not many of them out there for Ebon Hawk or they don't advertise themselves properly/frequently. Then I had to find one that seems to fit or easily accommodate my casual/medium play style. Then I had to find one with a large presence in both Imperial & Republic.

I'm happy to say Pax Imperius/Dominus fits all of these!

And now it's their turn to see if I fit their criteria, lol!

Yes you will go through an application process but this is common in all of the larger, more professional guilds. With Pax, you are trying to join a quality gaming community spanning various games, not just SWTOR, they just need to make sure at the very least that you are a friendly, respectable person before letting you in, is all!

I have been well received by this friendly bunch and I'm almost at the end of my application period and definitely recommend anyone to apply because really, the more the merrier!

I applied about a week ago and i don't regret it. I'll admit the first few days of my trial period were a bit overwhelming, but that's just due to the face that i've never been in such an organized guild. They seem to be serious when needed and fun the rest of the time. And on a plus side, NO DRAMA!

I'm halfway into the recruitment process for Pax Imperius and it's been worth it. Although it does still hurt when I go to sit down, and my eyes have finally adjusted to the light, since they've let me out of my cage. But what do you expect when you join such a potent force in the Sith Empire.

There's so much you can do, lots of PvE and PvP. Recently, the guild launched its awesome flagship. So we often meet up on it before we all drop down onto the planet that it's orbiting and help out on the Conquest system. Pax Imperius is always near the top of the leaderboard.

My fellow guild members are a great bunch of people, with funny accents, and I'm always felt welcomed by them.

Give us a shot!