Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im currently in the recruitment process, but they told me where to get a tauntaun so i got that going for me which is nice. Really thought I've been enjoying the process where multiple members of the guild play 20 questions and hope you don't snap under the mental strain of ones such a 2+2 or 7+7.

All i can say is that i'm ok after the half way mark in this process and only slightly feel a greater urge to purge all republic players on the Ebon Hawk server.

Also in the middle of the recruitment process here. I actually used to be a member in the past before leaving SWTOR as a regular a while back. Came back since everyone is very friendly and Pax as a whole (even beyond SWTOR) is a great group of folks.

I'm just finishing up the recruitment process (Veralomstva in game, my husband initally bought the game and I haven't found a way to change display name). It's been great so far. In game, they are incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about pretty much all aspects. It's a large enough guild, well organised to the point where there's always a group of people doing something, but yet they seem to take the time to help out new members or under-55s get through some of the grinding.

The questions they've asked have been unusual and creative enough to make answering them interesting and not tedious. Definitely one of the best "get-to-know-you-get-to-know-us" type of situations I've found myself in - real life or in game. It's *particularly* great for a gaming guild. I smiled a lot while trying to think up some response.

All in all this has been a positive experience. They are a mature, friendly, well-organised and well-run guild from all I gleaned in the past two weeks. The unusual questions and the seriousness with which they take their guild charter (which is not haphazardly thrown together, but is about as detailed as any flesh and blood bureaucratic statement of purpose) might not be for everyone, but it seems like it really works for those who are like-minded.

I use the name Camic on the Pax forums. I joined Pax in hopes of getting in more ops and pvp premades. My impression of Pax is that it is extremely well organized. Unfortunately my professor made every effort in the world to overwork me, so I haven’t had enough free time to see everything Pax has to offer. I'm looking forward to going on ops with the guild as soon as I get some free time. :)

My name over on the Pax forums is Zarana, I'm currently in the recruitment stage over there.

So far all my experiences with them have been great, I haven't had much time to do a lot with them, but I've run a HMFP with a handful of their members and tagged along for the last boss of SnV, they're a great group of people every helpful, friendly and accepting of outsiders, a lot of guilds seem very clickish, this isn't the case with Pax.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow forum readers!!!!

Currently I am in the recruitment process and I was asked to share my opinions over here. So here goes nothing.

Pax has some great people and the community is great. I am pretty young but they seem to be cool with that, and they have been nice about explaining things I was confused about. Overall they seem really nice and although they are maniacs they can be ok.

My name on pax forums is TheBaconBeacon

I’ve been running with Pax a while now and there an interesting bunch. The question and answer part of their application process was awesome if you like the opportunity to be creative. And as with any good team they have a wide verity of personalities in there crew. They have wide verity of playing styles PvP PvE OP’s and some very interesting twists on RP games. Think I finely found a home :D

Howdy Folks, "Bru" here (should really update my username) I joined PAX because I was looking for a great community to enjoy TOR and other games with. I can honestly say I have not been disappointed. I don't think I've ever been in a guild with a friendlier bunch of people. Everyone has been engaging, helpful and fun. The application process was straightforward and helped introduce me everyone and to get a feel for the guild. Almost 2 weeks in and it's been a blast! :cool: Edited by Edoras

My sentiments merely echo those above me. The process is a little different than any gaming group I've belonged too before. The thread interaction on their boards is new to me, and perhaps unique.

I've done some flashpoints, pvp, and a quasi-operation and am very satisfied with the behavior and demeanor of all in the guild so far.

I'm happy to be here.

I've enjoyed my recruitment phase with PAX, it's different than any other guild recruitment experience I've undergone. The process let's you get to know your guild members outside the game and helps them really get to know you as a person. My time in game has been limited the last couple of weeks but the experiences I have had with the guild have all been positive. They're helpful and very experienced.

I have 0 complaints and am looking forward to contributing!

I've been an applicant in Pax for about two weeks, and I can honestly say they are one of the best guilds/organizations I've been a part of. They cover a variety of games and activities, and everyone has been really inviting and just fun to be around, whether it be in TS, the forums, or in-game.

If you want to be a part of a group that transcends the games they play, and forges real life friendships that can last, fill out an app and become a part of the Pax community!

I wanted to add my comments to this thread to give a shout-out to Pax. Their recruitment process is streamlined and efficient, and gives you a good opportunity to know the members of the guild outside of the game. This is one of the larger guilds on our server, but they have a close-knit community that is welcoming to new players. As an added bonus, when you join one Pax guild, you automatically are able to join any other Pax guild. This gaming community has been around for a long time and they will be here until Bioware closes the servers. If you are looking for a guild, I strongly recommend Pax! Good people on a good server in a good game!

As part of the recruiting process, I have been asked to post here my thoughts on Pax so far. The following is my opinion and mine alone.

Pax so far has been very welcoming and friendly. They are large enough that there seems to be people on every time I log in and they are very willing to help/talk/whatever. Operations and Flashpoint form constantly in the evenings and they know their stuff.

The two week recruiting process gives plenty of time for them to grill, umm err interoga... ummm quiz you on who you are and what your goals are both in game and out. :) Pax works hard to be Drama Free and they use the two weeks to see if they are a good fit for you or if you might be happier elsewhere.

If you're looking for a mature-ish (gotta still have fun), Drama Free guild of friends then check out Pax at http://www.paxgaming.com

- Shayd-ka

Edited by rcsmith

Pax is an active, friendly, and well organized guild to TOR with. I used to be a victim of the "Ninja invite" only to find the guild was Very unorganized and full of more drama than a jerry springer show.

Now I know these "as seen on tv" results are a little absurd. ;-)

But Pax has really changed my TOR/tanking for the better. The Guild is made up of players from all walks of life so you needn't be shy when applying.

Maybe you've been looking for the right guild all this time. Maybe your guild is inactive or a daily chairthrowing/tableflipping adventure in not getting anything done and you want a change.

Yes even YOU can be awesome in Pax.

Clicky VV

Müsashi:MEMBER

PAX:sy_republic:DOMINUS

Website | Recruitment Thread

So I'm in the middle of my application process and I've been asked to come here and share the feels in my heart about the whole interro... FUN times we have had during.

And I can't lie to myself, its been terribly fun and amusing. I get to know the people before the characters and that is essential, the questions and conversations helped me expose some of my personality traits (at least I hope so).

They are a great bunch and I hope I get to join this great community.

If you are looking for a guild that is not a place to park your character, but be in a community of like minded people, check them out. Believe in me, I'm not even in yet and I'm having fun already.

What could I possibly add that those above me have not already said? I've only begun to scratch the surface but so far I've met some amazing, funny, and witty people who know how to have fun, keep you on your toes, and are some of the friendliest people I've come across. It's organizational structure reminds me a lot of how my old guild in SWG was run, and that was a huge factor in my consideration of joining PAX. Now that I am a member, I hope to continue helping this group and it's members succeed at whatever they put their collective minds to.

It might seem daunting or daring joining a group with such organization. Like you might get lost in the shuffle. I assure you that I never felt that way, and still do not feel that way. Whether you jump in and take off, or stand by and watch, you're still a part of the group.

So give us a look. Come hang with us. And if it's not a good fit, seems like there's no hard feelings. In the end, it's about what you as a player are comfortable with. But I think anyone looking for a fun, responsible group of persons to play with would do well to consider PAX.

I am a current applicant to PAX. Like many others I was asked to pop on here to give my honest thoughts and opinions on this guild. This isn't the first time I have joined a gaming community, the app process helps the applicant to figure out if the guild is a right fit. This also allows the guild to determine if the applicant is a right fit. In the end the app process is a good thing because it weeds out a lot of "undesirable" people. Leaving the bulk of the community as pretty outstanding people.

So far my app process has been pleasant. PAX seems to be very good at asking questions that will allow them to get to know you without asking for personal information. Which from personal experience, is a tough line to walk. In the end I give PAX a solid thumbs up. Friendly and welcoming.

-Blint

I've just found myself joining after seeing and hearing about Pax for a long period of time, a couple years at least. I never really thought I'd see myself joining as a lot of larger guilds I've found my experience to be a little disappointing. Still, I find myself in Pax, and their introduction forum post is a good way to meet some of your community leaders and possibly other members who may take an interest. It's a nice feeling. Plus I gamed with a few members prior to joining so I wasn't necessarily alone from the get-go. I'm still learning things, but overall it's been a good experience.

Rynak has spoken.

I am currently halfway through the application process for PAX. I have enjoyed every second of it so far. I like that the guild does not immediately accept you and leave you to find your way throughout the guild. They actually really try to get to know you right away, and find out what kind of individual you are. It makes me feel accepted and as an actual part of a team, and not just a number. I am looking forward to the amount of fun I'll be having here!

- Vosk

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished through the application process and I'm not a full-fledge member as of yet. But I have to say how I'm impressed with the guild thus far.

I've noticed the name while playing and I was looking for a good stable guild. After going to the website and noticed they branch out to many other games and reading their charter which coincides with my feelings on guilds. I was sold.

It's been very welcoming, I've already met some good people and generally a great place to be. :)

• 2 weeks later...