The Shadowlands: Ops Progression Thread

NoxIrradiata

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoic downs 16-man Writhing Horror & Dread Guards hard mode (server first?)

Writhing Horror: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/196331/module_gallery/original/823480.jpg

Kill time: 9:40pm ET

Dread Guards: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/196331/module_gallery/original/823482.jpg

Kill time: 11:49pm ET

Weren't you guys on PTS?

Does it really count as a "server first" if you had a few weeks worth of practice on the PTS?

Honest question, not trying to troll.

Weren't you guys on PTS?

Does it really count as a "server first" if you had a few weeks worth of practice on the PTS?

Excluding them from the list would be dumb. They beat the content on live, thus are part of progression.

However, including an asterisk on all guilds who previously cleared the content on the PTS will help potential raiders know who had a head start, and who was "DOING IT LIVE!". I see this compromise as the happy medium to track progression on our server.

Of course this is all up to the OP to decide how he wants to handle it. I would say at the very least guilds as they clear the content should note if they had done the content on the PTS previously.

Regards,

KK

Weren't you guys on PTS?

We did the first 2 bosses on 8m in the PTS. We were severely handicapped in those attempts as we were stuck with rakata. We did not get any special treatment. No transfers, no augments (we had to put together resources to augment our gear), and no extra commendations.

There were plenty of streams and videos available for other guilds to watch and learn strategies. Adapting our strategies to 16m was also difficult as some mechanics, especially on the second boss, were much more unforgiving.

I would also like to add that we did not get past the second boss on the PTS, mainly because of gear.

So to answer your question - yes it should count. Without any asterisk.

Dark Sith'ari

8 man SM TFB up to and not including TFB (damn late start)

Images on site main page http://www.darksithari.com

We didn't get a shot of the WH and couldn't get back up afterward, but we have all the images from after. If you don't want to count our first boss, fine, we'll just get a shot next week. We were shocked to have one shot it and just carried on dumbfounded.

Forgot date....last night, September 26, 2012

Edited by _tegrof

We did the first 2 bosses on 8m in the PTS. We were severely handicapped in those attempts as we were stuck with rakata. We did not get any special treatment. No transfers, no augments (we had to put together resources to augment our gear), and no extra commendations.

But you are still saying you had enough characters to make attempts and were able to clear the first two bosses? Which in turn means gear was not an issue.

There were plenty of streams and videos available for other guilds to watch and learn strategies.

This is a ridiculous statement. Videos cannot begin to compare to first hand experience.

So to answer your question - yes it should count. Without any asterisk.

I agree, the kills count regardless. You should however give full disclosure however that half of your raid group had experience with the first two bosses prior to earning the kills. Many guilds did not have copies to even make attempts at all. So you still had an advantage, whether you decide to acknowledge it or not.

Regards,

KK

Edited by Krazy_Karl

:sy_republic:Republic / :sy_empire:Imperial / :sy_galaxy:Disbanded

No Current Kill /Story Mode (SM) / Hard Mode (HM) /Nightmare Mode (NiM)

Tier 3 - 16 Man Terror From Beyond

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB - The Gray Order (HM Operator IX 09/26/12)

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB-Mandalorian Honor Guard (HM Dread Guard 09/26/12)

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB - The Revenant (SM Full Clear 09/26/12)

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB-Infallible(HM Writhing Horror 09/26/12)

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB-Pandamonium(SM Kephess The Undying

09/26/12)

Tier 3 - 16 Man Terror From Beyond

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB- Stoic(HM Dread Guard 09/26/12)

WH/ DG/ OIX/ KTU/ TFB- Shadow Dragon Universe (HM Writhing Horror 09/26/12)

Did you mean the first list to be titled "Tier 3 - 8 Man Terror From Beyond"?

I am showing the screen shot of the lockout of my character that was involved in Wednesday's guild run.

If need be, I will get a better shot tomorrow evening when we head back in to complete the raid. In the meantime, here is the link to the lockout timer.

This is for Starhawk Conglomerate.