Status of Server Forums?

Ludwig_VanCover

Give us a few minutes! Should be going live shortly.

Are you planning on migrating the previous recruitment sub-forums/threads into each of the new server forums, or does each guild need to create new recruitment threads?

• Dev Post
You'll need to create a new recruitment thread for the new forums. We'll be monitoring the volume in the server forums over the next week or so and may introduce recruitment sub-forums if the volume of posts per day and readability warrant them, but we won't be migrating the old threads over. Edited by AllisonBerryman

You'll need to create a new recruitment thread for the new forums. We'll be monitoring the volume in the server forums over the next week or so and may introduce recruitment sub-forums if the volume of posts per day and readability warrant them, but we won't be migrating the old threads over.

I can tell you right now the servers forums won't be readable without guild recruitment sub-forums. The continual bumps and posts in such threads will drown out all other conversation.

You really need to add the guild recruitment sub-forum back.

You'll need to create a new recruitment thread for the new forums. We'll be monitoring the volume in the server forums over the next week or so and may introduce recruitment sub-forums if the volume of posts per day and readability warrant them, but we won't be migrating the old threads over.

Thanks Allison, I figured that was the case, but just wanted to confirm :)

I'm glad you chose this thread to post that info, as opposed to the one inquiring about it. :rolleyes:

Also, I can't see why you would change the make-up of forums, as it's more important than ever now since the merge.

Brick walls...simply...amazing.

Edited by Pistols

I can tell you right now the servers forums won't be readable without guild recruitment sub-forums. The continual bumps and posts in such threads will drown out all other conversation.

You really need to add the guild recruitment sub-forum back.

Agreed. Out of the 12 topics created on our server, 7 of them are guild recruitment threads.

We need to stop making sense Mavery!!!! :D

Allison, another quick question - you mentioned that after a few weeks you may add in separate recruitment sub-forums for each server if needed, does this mean guilds will have to create another new recruitment thread if that goes in place, or will you migrate the existing threads (those created after the server forums came online) to that new area?

• Dev Post
Allison, another quick question - you mentioned that after a few weeks you may add in separate recruitment sub-forums for each server if needed, does this mean guilds will have to create another new recruitment thread if that goes in place, or will you migrate the existing threads (those created after the server forums came online) to that new area?

If we do create recruitment forums, it will likely be within the week, and we'll go ahead and move all the recruitment threads created between now and then to the recruitment forums. Feel free to put the effort in to create new, fancy, updated threads!

If we do create recruitment forums, it will likely be within the week, and we'll go ahead and move all the recruitment threads created between now and then to the recruitment forums. Feel free to put the effort in to create new, fancy, updated threads!

Excellent, thanks :)

Were any of the higher volume/most active posts from the old combined forums archived anywhere? Or, I assume, those will need to be recreated too?

Some of them were really useful and fairly extensive, like our server's guild website list and progression detail post. I can imagine those two will be quite a pain for someone to have to repost/redo.

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere.

It might also be a good idea to create trade sub-forums for each server, where people can post LTB, LTS and auction threads.