The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Would you trade voice over for more game options?

RixoFutu

Simple question - would you trade voice over for more game options and maybe content? Gear customizations, player's housing, guild housing and ships, usable chairs, barber shop, more crafting options.

Or is voice over so special and great experience for you?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yes!

I skip all the planetary side-quests and spacebar just about every cutscene unless it's a new WZ, Operation or Flashpoint! :D

Dumping the majority of features on a "story-driven" and "fully voiced" experience really made this game a huge flop.

Edited by MOPSFounder

I'm changing my reply because the last few people below me brought up an excellent point. The voice-overs are what makes TOR stand out from other MMO's, so, no, I would not give them up. I do, however, really wish they had had more options and quality-of-life features at launch. Edited by Nyghtfal

That's the thing, really, that's what the game is.

I can understand wanting other things; there's a ton of new things I'd like, and things I'd like done differently.

But really, if you're coming into SWTOR and wanting to change one of the core aspect of it (its "thing"), then perhaps the problem is that you're not the target audience.

That's the thing, really, that's what the game is.

I can understand wanting other things; there's a ton of new things I'd like, and things I'd like done differently.

But really, if you're coming into SWTOR and wanting to change one of the core aspect of it (its "thing"), then perhaps the problem is that you're not the target audience.

This exactly.

The game is indeed lacking gameplay wise, but its appeal is undeniably the voice over work.

NO WAY! :eek: Voiceovers are what make this game great, I can't express how pants this game would be without voiceovers which are definitely one of the best, if not the best, features of the game.

Maybe I've misinterpreted what your saying here but I really can't see how this game would work without voiceovers. The cutscenes would just seem weirdly silent, and the action therefore out of place. You just cut some one down without saying anything (just a couple of subtitles). One of the most important aspects of Star Wars, the films, games, comics, everything is what people say. I can't think of another film series in existence with so many memorable quotes as Star Wars (i'm sure everyone here can recite at least one word for word) Can you imagine what it would have been like if Vader had said "No, I am you father" in subtitles? And then Luke just hung there doing nothing, while some subtitles said NOOOOOO! So cutting out voiceovers in exchange for more 'MMO' features would just make this game another MMO, nothing special. Not to mention making an absolutely terrible sequel to the KOTOR series and tarnishing everything the represented. it would be the worst game ever ever ever, ever.

Rant over :p

Wow! :eek:

I really expected most people to agree with the OP. Good to see some positive replies... If all you want in a MMO is to have the highest stats, best gear, and PvP PvP PvP then not only are you totally missing the piont of MMO's, but you're going to become bord with any and every game that comes along. Real quick.

First of all - i didn't wrote my opinion. I just asked others. So much for "agree with the OP".

And question wasn't about stats or some PvP, but actually about things that makes MMOs - ability to interact with world, look different then others, make it more like living world (ability to sit on chair (!), players houses, custom ships, etc.). Short - things which had even old Ultima Online.

I really expected most people to agree with the OP. Good to see some positive replies... If all you want in a MMO is to have the highest stats, best gear, and PvP PvP PvP then not only are you totally missing the piont of MMO's, but you're going to become bord with any and every game that comes along. Real quick.

Edited by RixoFutu

Exactly, its nice to see they made a real game out of this, with heavy focus on storyline, it is after all - good story that makes great games. Even so, some of the suggested features, especially barber shop - would be more than welcome.

Heck yes!

I skip all the planetary side-quests and spacebar just about every cutscene unless it's a new WZ, Operation or Flashpoint! :D

Dumping the majority of features on a "story-driven" and "fully voiced" experience really made this game a huge flop.

It's people like you that make me wonder why are you even here? Why buy a game with the developer BIOWARE when you're going to skip the story? That's like getting a book just to flip the pages...

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

Simple question - would you trade voice over for more game options and maybe content? Gear customizations, player's housing, guild housing and ships, usable chairs, barber shop, more crafting options.

Or is voice over so special and great experience for you?

Would I trade the a unique feature of SWTOR to make it more like WoW? No.