Ability to turn XP Off

Fireswraith

You might seem to forget that they have level 40-ish weapons with expertise on them. People would grind out comms to get the weapons over and over again until it's in all their gear. Now it's not a TON of expertise, but if it's in all your gear, you will destroy everything again with the rest of your gear in purps as well. Also don't forget the dailies armor/mod are lvl 49 with way better stats so people would be so overpowered at lvl 49 it would be retarded.

The QQ would be like never seen before and people would stop PvPing in sub50, further exiling the already losing playerbase/potential PvPers this game has and can gain.

What if you don't wanna PVP, changing xp needed would mean you would have to FP grind.

I do the FP's consistantly because they give out roughly 10 Planetary comms, not for the experience.

I have my legacy upgrades for FPs, Class Missions, and Explorations fully upgraded. So I am able to do the Planetary missions, Class Missions, and FP's so that I am usually on par with my current planet's level, but I miss out on doing the PVP because it will definately over level me in terms of Class Missions, which I don't want... I'm starting to think that if I didn't purchase the Legacy XP upgrades, I would be able to do more PVPing...

You might seem to forget that they have level 40-ish weapons with expertise on them. People would grind out comms to get the weapons over and over again until it's in all their gear. Now it's not a TON of expertise, but if it's in all your gear, you will destroy everything again with the rest of your gear in purps as well. Also don't forget the dailies armor/mod are lvl 49 with way better stats so people would be so overpowered at lvl 49 it would be retarded.

The QQ would be like never seen before and people would stop PvPing in sub50, further exiling the already losing playerbase/potential PvPers this game has and can gain.

I guess from a business standpoint it just goes to show you can't make everyone happy, and you just have try to keep the 20-80 rule; take care of the 20% of your customer base that generates 80% of your revenue.

ok, but what if you want to do both PVE and PVP? That creates over leveling.

But thats your choice to do both. Many players only do one or the other. I have pvp toons and Pve toons because I dont want to overlevel. Also, the 3rd or 4th time you are doing planetary quests can get pretty boring.

But thats your choice to do both. Many players only do one or the other. I have pvp toons and Pve toons because I dont want to overlevel. Also, the 3rd or 4th time you are doing planetary quests can get pretty boring.

Why should I have to be punished for wanting to do both? I don't see how that's fair.

I don't see how you are being punished. If you feel you are too high for a quest and miss the challenge, can always remove your gear or something.

I'm being punished because I wish to do both PVE and PVP, but doing the PVP over levels my character and then my character's level is out-of-sync with the Planetary and Class mission levels.

I'm being punished because I wish to do both PVE and PVP, but doing the PVP over levels my character and then my character's level is out-of-sync with the Planetary and Class mission levels.

And the alternative is "punishing" players who only do one by making them underlevelled.

you arent being "punished" for wanting to do both. You are doing twice the content and so you are getting twice the xp.

I'm not doing the same missions twice, what it boils down to is that the game wasn't designed for a player to do 'everything' and still maintain a balanced experience. It's like going to a four course restaurant, have all four course just as it seems the restaurant was designed for, and then all of a sudden being told that I'm over eating.

Edited by octagramt

aTreD........ Your concern about people getting to lvl 49 and twinking themselves out is a fairly valid one. But people can already do that; I could solo the 3 heroic dailies that give the lvl 49 mods on my Sorc and send them to my Sin if I wanted to. Then when my Sin hits 49 I put them in my gear (augments aside) and just PvP the rest of the way killing the lower levels. But even this happens in lvl 50 PvP already with the disparity between Recruit gear and War Hero (even thouh the experise difference is only a couple hundred). But this is also what's nice about the lvl 1-49 bracket, you get bolstered. Being bolstered means a crap ton more than what gear you have one. You can wreck face on a char in the teens against people twice your level, coming out on top with less abilities less skill points and less armor.

Kalfear........ Well I'll firstly just say that twinks in DAoC battlegrounds did not destroy them, Mythic destroyed them from the serverly unbalanced realms. Battlegrounds were incredibly popular before the realm unbalance got worse, could have 100 people in them. But your idea of limiting the xp off to levels 30 and below is interesting. I would suggest then making 3 brackets though 1-25, 26-49, and 50 (something like that). This way the twink advantage is also cut much shorter.

I'm not doing the same missions twice, what it boils down to is that the game wasn't designed for a player to do 'everything' and still maintain a balanced experience. It's like going to a four course restaurant, have all four course just as it seems the restaurant was designed for, and then all of a sudden being told that I'm over eating.

But this isnt a four course restaraunt. Its a two course restaurant. Just because a restaurant has many options, doesnt mean that you should pick four main courses. And i think the game WAS designed for players to do everything and maintain balance. I played two different toons to 50, one pve and one pvp.

If you add brackets, you increase queue times.

If you allow people to stop exp gain, they will min/max (there, no sexual connotation) their characters at the top level.

The PvP part, just man up and move to the real bracket and learn what PvP is really like. Everyone gets those 10 skills/skill upgrades at level 50 and you will go against people in fully augmented War Hero gear. You go from being a big fish in a little pond to swimming with sharks, if you read the PvP forum you will get to read all sorts of threads with people complaining about this. You used to think you were a great PvPer and then reality smacks you in the face.

For those who want to experience all aspects of the game, you have to limit what you do in each aspect to stay the proper level for the content. This means not grinding Space Missions, Flashpoints, Heroics or PvP. Just do enough of each to get the flavour and also skip some side quests. My PvP character skipped whole planets, and bonus series. I also did a bunch of class missions when I was so over leveled I was getting 5 exp for completing the quest. However I have played most of the other content on other characters.

This is one of the things I actually like about this game: I can choose how to level up. There isn't a set pattern you have to follow and do exactly the same thing with each character.

But this isnt a four course restaraunt. Its a two course restaurant. Just because a restaurant has many options, doesnt mean that you should pick four main courses. And i think the game WAS designed for players to do everything and maintain balance. I played two different toons to 50, one pve and one pvp.

Two things, what it seems is occuring is that the game was designed to be flexible so that it could accomodate different types of players, so that you could level up, but not be forced to play content that not all players would wish to go through, and also, which I think you are hitting on, is that you can play all the content, just not on the same character, but I think it would be nice to play all the content with the same character, as each character has it's own unique playing style to it, but at the end of the day, it does seem to be designed so that you do eventually have to create multiple characters, which I suppose is meant to lengthen your overall playing time (subscription months).

Edited by octagramt

Please, no. As someone who wants to do everything in PvE as well as maximize the number of regular and ranked warzone comms my character can have when reaching 50, I know precisely what drives this request. As much as I would personally enjoy preventing the XP gain at times, I can clearly see the utter train wreck it would make of under-50 PvP. The disparity is bad enough as it is between level 10 and 49.

There is nothing preventing a person from doing the planetary content over-leveled. If the desire is to have challenging planetary content even when you are over-leveled, then I would much prefer a system that allowed you to scale down your stats for the planetary content. This would be a double-win in providing us with a useful feature for grouping with friends who are at lower levels than we.

• 3 months later...
Im only interested in turning off xp because i find gameplay on tattooine the most fun iv had in game so id like to just stay a lvl 25-29 toon playing on tattooine, zero evil intentions here,, just luv the planet hate being to big to be killed by the npcs, wish there was a way a game like this could make the nps tougher according to your lvl like npcs auto adjust from a lvl 30 to strong as a lvl 50 or whatever lvl happens to be walking by, Just a thought would be nice that way a planet is always fun no matter what lvl, you could also add a not able to attack a player more than 5 lvls lower unless first attacked this would stop higher lvl players from ruining the game for low lvls just trying to lvl up