Do the Republic know they are at war?

calleverybody

I have been following this thread since is started and fully comprehend what kind of douche bag you are. My statement since you didn't really read it was.

Respect the people you are playing with. They chose their server for a reason.

now we are name calling.... yeah i fully respect you :rolleyes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following this thread since is started and fully comprehend what kind of douche bag you are. My statement since you didn't really read it was.

Respect the people you are playing with. They chose their server for a reason.

Yes. They chose their server for a reason. However, if they are walking around a PvE server while flagged for PvP, they are free game.

That said, I will always attack a yellow nameplate on my PvE server. Does that make me a douche bag as well? No, it definitely does not.

You seem to be upset that everyone thinks you were being a petty child. I can do whatever I want and if 16 people lose the money they spent to prepare to fight the world boss (Alpha Wave items) at least you got to screw with them. You don't see the problem with this? Go play on a PvP server.

You must be very young. Noone hates war more than those that engage in warfare. Those on the side of right fight by The Just War Doctrine. Those that do not are just villians. Your view is rather myopic.

The Sith are clearly just villains, so that all fits.

On the game side, I play on an RP-PvP server, so anyone walking by is a fair target and I am a fair target to anyone of the other faction. To me, it's really hard to "gank" someone on a PvP server unless you're a high level walking about lower level planets looking to kill lower level players. If I come across another player within my level range and we fight, then neither of us were ganking. We were playing the game.

As a Trooper, I attack any Sith on sight. I hate the Sith. I typically approach an Agent or Hunter with caution and only attack if I feel they'll attack me or an ally. As my Juggernaut, I'd pretty much kill anyone that moves with the exception of Smugglers. Again, I hate the Sith and would kill them if I could, but I like fighting Jedi and Troopers. I don't consider Smugglers worth my time.

Yes. They chose their server for a reason. However, if they are walking around a PvE server while flagged for PvP, they are free game.

I agree that they are free game if they are flagged (regardless of the reason), but there is a difference between running into a Sith and going hunting for Sith players, especially with a group. You have crossed the border between open world PvP and griefing. You admitted that you went out of your way to "ruin the gameplay" of other players, which is griefing. You, in full knowledge that you are on a PvE server, went to Voss with a group of goons to kill players for no other reason than to upset them. That is griefing.

it is a Freaking Game....... A Game , A Game . one more time A Game. this not real life war games okay... you must be very serious about this GAME....

The point is they are Rep. we are Empire. If it was other Empire players we wouldn't of messed with them. The only rule that applies to the Enemy is attack. In a GAME !!!!!

Yes, it is a game, which means that there are other players trying to have fun on the other side of what you're doing. I have some experience with Urael in-game and he does take the game/lore rather seriously, as do I, but at the end of the day it is just a game. That means that you should respect the other players, though. It's not just about Empire vs. Republic because we're all gamers looking to enjoy our experience with the game. Within the context of the game and lore, it's open warfare by the time you finish your class story. I can agree to that much.

With that said, you should really play on a PvP server where most of this conversation would be irrelevant. The rule on PvP servers is kill or be killed. However, that still doesn't excuse griefing like body camping and such.

Edited by flyersfan

The Sith are clearly just villains, so that all fits.

On the game side, I play on an RP-PvP server, so anyone walking by is a fair target and I am a fair target to anyone of the other faction. To me, it's really hard to "gank" someone on a PvP server unless you're a high level walking about lower level planets looking to kill lower level players. If I come across another player within my level range and we fight, then neither of us were ganking. We were playing the game.

As a Trooper, I attack any Sith on sight. I hate the Sith. I typically approach an Agent or Hunter with caution and only attack if I feel they'll attack me or an ally. As my Juggernaut, I'd pretty much kill anyone that moves with the exception of Smugglers. Again, I hate the Sith and would kill them if I could, but I like fighting Jedi and Troopers. I don't consider Smugglers worth my time.

I agree that they are free game if they are flagged (regardless of the reason), but there is a difference between running into a Sith and going hunting for Sith players, especially with a group. You have crossed the border between open world PvP and griefing. You admitted that you went out of your way to "ruin the gameplay" of other players, which is griefing. You, in full knowledge that you are on a PvE server, went to Voss with a group of goons to kill players for no other reason than to upset them. That is griefing.

Yes, it is a game, which means that there are other players trying to have fun on the other side of what you're doing. I have some experience with Urael in-game and he does take the game/lore rather seriously, as do I, but at the end of the day it is just a game. That means that you should respect the other players, though. It's not just about Empire vs. Republic because we're all gamers looking to enjoy our experience with the game. Within the context of the game and lore, it's open warfare by the time you finish your class story. I can agree to that much.

With that said, you should really play on a PvP server where most of this conversation would be irrelevant. The rule on PvP servers is kill or be killed. However, that still doesn't excuse griefing like body camping and such.

we were already on Voss by the way>>>> and we were not seeking out reps to kill, just right place right time. Seen them and then got a group together because it was alot of them. they were flagged and we attacked. not like i flagged them .

we were already on Voss by the way>>>> and we were not seeking out reps to kill, just right place right time. Seen them and then got a group together because it was alot of them. they were flagged and we attacked. not like i flagged them .

You are missing the point. You were on a PVE server. NOT a PVP server. The group you engaged were taking down a Voss World Boss (by your own admission). What you did in context of being on a PVE server was dishonerable, unsportsmanlike, and rude. Now if you WAITED until they took the boss down, WERE FULLY HEALED, and THEN attacked you wouldn't be getting so much grief. You acted COWARDLY.

You are missing the point. You were on a PVE server. NOT a PVP server. The group you engaged were taking down a Voss World Boss (by your own admission). What you did in context of being on a PVE server was dishonerable, unsportsmanlike, and rude. Now if you WAITED until they took the boss down, WERE FULLY HEALED, and THEN attacked you wouldn't be getting so much grief. You acted COWARDLY.

they were all level 50's and we weren't and possibly with better gear. (that's not a coward, that's being stupidly brave lol) you cant attack unless they are flagged on a PVE server or am i mistaken.

This thread reminds me of THIS thread where the guy was bragging about killing a bunch of Republic characters with he and his PVP gank squad and posted a pic of all the corpses...

They posted what appears to be 79 or so kills. It turns out that only 11 of them were level 50. The rest weren't even of level to realistically fight back.

Yes, this thread is equally as lame. He DOES have one up on you though OP. At least he did it on a PVP server.

This thread reminds me of THIS thread where the guy was bragging about killing a bunch of Republic characters with he and his PVP gank squad and posted a pic of all the corpses...

They posted what appears to be 79 or so kills. It turns out that only 11 of them were level 50. The rest weren't even of level to realistically fight back.

Yes, this thread is equally as lame. He DOES have one up on you though OP. At least he did it on a PVP server.

i can easily call you names and tell you what you are. but i wont because its a freakin Game. and frankly I don't care what you think. But its a forum and i guess you can state your opinion. gotta be fair........:rolleyes:

i said lets agree to disagree, and your still on here trying to insult me, Sir.

I had fun, it was spur of the moment ,and out of the norm. you may have liked what i did but, i did and also the others that were with me. :D

It's time to drop it folks. He is going to justify to himself the lameness of it what he is here bragging about matter how it is explained to him.

And he keeps "revealing more" to the story as it goes along. Troll la la la la ... la la .. la .. la. :D

The reason you are catching so much **** for your post is really simple....you are posting something that is controversial already and doing it in an RP manner, which makes it easy to troll. Not to mention your story doesn't really unfold until after your initial post, making you look like you are bragging for posting to begin with as you didn't really mention what happened, only that you attacked some flagged players. Hope that clears things up.....

That being said, I'm sure it was fun. Who doesn't like to kill another player in a game? But was it an earned kill or did you just interfere with a group of PvE'rs causing them to wipe due to the mechanics of the Nightmare Pilgrim? Do you know the mechanics of this boss fight and how it goes?

I'm not saying you weren't responsible for taking down a full group of 16 , all level 50, fighting a very difficult boss on a PvE server :rolleyes: I'm saying that you really had nothing to do with it other than stirring up the enrage mechanics and causing this group to get wiped.

I'm only clearing up that, while you think you were PvP'ng....you were not. You took advantage of a group getting their PvE on and did it in an unforgiving boss encounter which doesn't make it WAR, just makes it stupid...since it's a PvE server to begin with.

Now on a PvP server, all is fair in love and war. Funny how excited you got though over messing with your own "kind". Seems to me like you'd have more respect for your server/community since you chose to roll PvE but something about killing NPC's all day just brings out the TJ Toughnuts in you I guess.

Edited by Master_Nate

I think you should have left them alone on a PvE server until they finished killing the world boss.

Couldn't agree more! And not just on a PvE server, on every type of server. Warfare doesn't mean you can chuck common courtesy out of the window, on the contrary, battle with honour and dignity!

Yesterday I killed a BH with my Scoundrel cause he was weakened from fighting a Champion on Belsavis, I could have killed him during the battle, his comp had died and his life was low, and reset the Champ. I thought about it and said WWJD (What Would Jedi Do) and decided that allowing him his kill was honorable, so I waited in stealth for him to kill the Champ and loot the corpse, then I killed him with a shotgun to the back. He was probably thankful too cause he released and went to a base. Later I killed a sniper in a similar fashion but I killed him while he was fighting a mob of 6 creeps. I didn't feel good at all about that kill.

I don't see the big deal.

Sure they were on a PvE server, but if they wanted to avoid PvP they should have done what I do, and simply not flag.

If you flag yourself, you're assuming the risk that someone of the opposite faction may attack you.

Honestly, I think the story is pretty funny. Did the victims have their day ruined? Probably, but it's their own fault for flagging in an open area.

Sure they were on a PvE server, but if they wanted to avoid PvP they should have done what I do, and simply not flag.

If you flag yourself, you're assuming the risk that someone of the opposite faction may attack you.

Honestly, I think the story is pretty funny. Did the victims have their day ruined? Probably, but it's their own fault for flagging in an open area.

...except they probably didn't deliberately flag themselves for PvP.

There is still a bug (feature?) where if you buff or heal someone in your party who is (for whatever reason) PvP flagged, YOU WILL ALSO GET PvP FLAGGED.

As far as I am aware there is also still another bug (feature?) wherein, by casting an AoE ability near an unsuspecting PvEr, YOU CAN FORCIBLY PvP FLAG THEM! (Didn't they say they removed this one? Because it still works on Canderous Ordo...)

I don't question the legitimacy in attacking the players flagged for PVP. I openly mock the bragging about it.