Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Origin!- NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Allistair

If Bioware/EA wants us to use their site to pre-order they should be more organized.

I just got the notification that my product is shipping TODAY!.

There's no way I'll have it for launch and there's a good chance I won't even have it by the end of the grace period that originally wasn't there.

Way to plan properly. I'm soo ticked off right now. How can this NOT be shipped so it arrives BEFORE the launch at Midnight tonight????

I should have already had this in my hands and ready to put my code in on the 20th.

This is very poor planning and service and you can bet I will NEVER order anything from them again.

STAY AWAY FROM ORIGIN!!!

If Bioware/EA wants us to use their site to pre-order they should be more organized.

I just got the notification that my product is shipping TODAY!.

There's no way I'll have it for launch and there's a good chance I won't even have it by the end of the grace period that originally wasn't there.

Way to plan properly. I'm soo ticked off right now. How can this NOT be shipped so it arrives BEFORE the launch at Midnight tonight????

I should have already had this in my hands and ready to put my code in on the 20th.

This is very poor planning and service and you can bet I will NEVER order anything from them again.

STAY AWAY FROM ORIGIN!!!

Wut..

i had my product code on friday.

It's not just Origin.

Do you really think that every single retail store on the pre-order list all suddenly developed group stupidity when it came to selling and shipping this product?

No. EA has botched the whole damn thing right from the start.

If you pull up your origin order...it lists your access code on the order-slip. Mine is shipping today, and I've been using early access for 3 days...

LOOKING UP YOUR ORDER

1. Go to http://store.origin.com and click on the Customer Service link. You may also find other helpful information on this page.

2. Look up your order either through “View recent order history and purchase details” link at the top of the page.

Login with your EA account info.

Mine was there listed right next to the product description

Edited by ARNester

It's not just Origin.

Do you really think that every single retail store on the pre-order list all suddenly developed group stupidity when it came to selling and shipping this product?

No. EA has botched the whole damn thing right from the start.

That's interesting cuz I preordered back in August...downloaded the new client...last weekend(?)...been playing since the 14th...got my redemption code on the 16th and tonight at some point my $70 or whatever is going to be billed to my VISA. Seems to me, Origin/EA worked just fine.

Edited by TradewindNQ

That's interesting cuz I preordered back in August...downloaded the new client...last weekend(?)...got my redemption code on the 16th and tonight at some point my $70 or whatever is going to be billed to my VISA. Seems to me, Origin/EA worked just fine.

for the DIGITAL version, NOT the PHYSICAL

I bought DDE. Cancelled the game. Months later, it's still there in my account - ORIGIN customer service could not be reached at all. EA customer service said it was currently still in my account and I would be charged - they took care of it for me. Good thing I spent that hour and a half getting in touch with EA to make sure they cancelled it so I don't get charged.

ORIGIN? Pass.

I bought DDE. Cancelled the game. Months later, it's still there in my account - ORIGIN customer service could not be reached at all. EA customer service said it was currently still in my account and I would be charged - they took care of it for me. Good thing I spent that hour and a half getting in touch with EA to make sure they cancelled it so I don't get charged.

ORIGIN? Pass.

Might wanna look at your card statement the next couple days just to be sure they actually fixed it.

Think about that one. In order to do that, they'd have to open each individual one before shipping. The product code is inside a sealed box.

Thats true, they probably don't generate a master list of product keys, kept in several backup formats before hand. They just print them inside the box and hope for good things!

Now, if your post prior to this response regarding physical editions is true, then I feel for you.

I like Origin. I bought Dragon Age 2 from Amazon, and when I registered it online, Origin let me d/l a digital version of the game. And they tossed in Mass Effect 2 (which I already had for 360).

Since I got TOR digitally, I'll have to wait until ME3 comes out to see how their shipping time works out for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.