Imperial Agent - Guides, useful threads and links

Obsivus

Scorpio is also bound to Tech-Staves only and cannot use Electro staves

Need to update that as well when you get the chance.

I wish I had known that before I bought a modable Electrostaff for her :p

It's kind of lame that she seems to be the only companion that you can't get a modable weapon for.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any questions come find me

Thaddious Von'Kaas

Level 50 sniper

Vrooke Lamarr

Full colmi (Tio weapon)

crit 43%

acc 105% base 115% tec

Surge 76%

1903 cuning

min rifle shot 900 damage

max crit PvE 7k

norm crit 4.6k-5k

not stacking anything just useing what the gear came with

Useing surge adrinal,and rakata relic

just throwing it out there

Excellent guide but just FYI not sure which one because I opened several of the links in the first post at the same time but one of those sites links to a site that tries to drive by download a trojan... it's a fairly new trojan as of 2 days ago but I just thought anyone clicking might be aware of that.

Excellent guide but just FYI not sure which one because I opened several of the links in the first post at the same time but one of those sites links to a site that tries to drive by download a trojan... it's a fairly new trojan as of 2 days ago but I just thought anyone clicking might be aware of that.

Same here, picked up TrojanJS.Agent.EXP from clicking on 'Basic introduction and leveling guide for Imperial Agent Operative'.

The link that some of the above posters reported as containing a trojan, links to my website. I've noticed a trojan pop-up aswell last week but I couldn't figure out where it came from.

I just want to point out that I have no intention whatsoever to harm other people, let alone infect computers. I feature no adds or special plugins on my website so at the moment I'm unaware of what is causing this issue.

For now, I suggest you remove my link from the first page untill I can get it fixed and make sure it's completely save to browse my website. I'm currently working on resolving the issue.

I apologize for any harm this might have caused.

Fugaru

There is a link in the OP, titled "Basic introduction and leveling guide for Imperial Agent Operative".

Do not click it, the website somehow tries to infect your system with the Alescurf.D trojan. If you don't believe me, scan your system after visiting the page. Could a moderator or employee please remove the link? (Or the OP, of course, but I doubt he / she is checking the guide very often.

~Saet

Great sticky! Just thought I would add a few of my own thoughts about key-binding

I have actually pried both the windows keys off of my board, so that means I am comfortable binding to my alt keys. I cant abide binding stuff anywhere near my move keys, it's way too easy to hit on accident when I am frantically moving around. I tend to keep most of my *longer* cooldowns somewhere I can never hit them on accident (IE - unbound) while my more important reactive cooldowns are on F5 - F8. Interrupt I usually bind to the space bar (and i move jump to z or something) I also tend to put something reactive on the ~ key where i can mash it in a hurry.

Also, don't forget that you can always put some cooldowns on the numpad if you get to crowded, it's not terribly hard to mash that 0 key over there. I used to have raid marks bound there, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to bind those in SWtor :(

I tend to put most of my more important control (like CC) or initiation abilities on f1 - f4, and DPS rotational stuff on my basic 1-6 keys. AOE and situational DPS abilities I put on CNTRL + 1-4

I used to put stance dancing on shift 1-3, but since this game seems to be lacking in that I might just put cover and stealth up there.

just try not to keep stuff you don't want to hit on accident anywhere near your more basic abilities. I put my head on straight and redid my binding because back in the day I had death grip and taunt on my bar right next to mind freeze (which is completely retarded)

For my op, I am experimenting with putting my heals on the function keys and control on the Alt + keys.

The Imperial Agent is very situational which makes a set skill rotation difficult to recommend.

I would say a priority like this.

Takedown > Ambush > Followthrough > Series of Shots > Explosive Probe > Snipe > Shiv

I didn't add Rifle Shot beacuse thats what you use in regular basis whenever its possible so you don't drain your energy too much.

Sorry gone through the whole thread and didn't see anyone post this.... and I know maybe its out of date now but figured I point it out as its a sticky.

Takedown is only useable at 30% health you can not start out with it.

Is there a guide that talks about the best distribution of Accuracy, Power, Crit and Surge for pvp? Hopefully a comparison of cunning/endurance as well?

I know there are items that try and give equal endurance and cunning and I've always felt that maxing cunning is the best idea because it gives a boost to endurance anyway? (Maybe i'm misunderstanding that?)

So I've been focused on increasing critical and I'm topping out around 40% crit chance. I get plenty of crit hits but in pvp that does not seem to be working out very well. If I'm lucky I'll get a hit for greater than 2k, if I'm extremely lucky I'll get a hit for greater than 3k, but most of the time I'm hitting for 1250ish. I'm trying to use ambush more but it's still annoying as hell to wait for it to fire. Sniper volley is great and I'm still getting used to the altracity boost power that unlocked at 50.

My plan is to try and get more accuracy and drop some critical in order to try and cut through armor. I understand that higher than 100% accuracy drops the targets armor? And I've heard people say that as you get higher than 30% crit chance the benefit per point spent comes down? So it would be smarter to spread those points into accuracy, power, and surge?

Would it make more sense to max out power and accuracy as those affect every shot instead of the crit and surge which only kick in on certain shots?

10. Operative DMG/Heal Rotation

Healing & Priority

... If you have the Tox Screen talent, Toxin Scan will provide a small heal as well, which is useful considering the skill consumes no energy and has no cooldown.

Toxin Scan has a 5 second cooldown and costs 10 energy.

Hey! Great guide! I only got one suggestion and that is to the key-bindings. Its very helpful for me to bind shift+a-s-d-q-w-e and the same but with ctrl. It is very useful for maybye a defensive cd or an not so common spell. Thanks!

Sorry gone through the whole thread and didn't see anyone post this.... and I know maybe its out of date now but figured I point it out as its a sticky.

Takedown is only useable at 30% health you can not start out with it.

It's a priority list, not a rotation. He's suggesting that you prioritize Takedown (when it's available) over the other abilities.

Great resource for Agents; hope you keep it up to date!

Does anyone know definitively what MM Sniper stat priorities are? I've seen now a couple of different suggestions that oppose each other (one puts power above...everything. another is a stairstep of values and caps, but I'm unclear as to whether they're suggesting % or actual rating).

I'm terrible at math, but if someone's done it, I'd love to see it laid out simply for my non-theorycrafting brain. I realize stats are going to be weighted differently dependent on gear, but a good guideline would be nice.

Anyone have a link for a datacron guide for Agents? Saw one for the the warriors and bounty hunters and would like a better idea of what to look out for.

*edit: Wow somehow my browser did not refresh and I had no idea about the above post. :)

Edited by dweber