The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rage being BUFFED, Immortal/Vengeance not being touched

wadecounty

Funny thing, I was saying to a friend of mine a day or two ago that a nice buff to Vengeance would be to do to Pooled Hatred what they did to Pulse Generator for Vanguards (that is, reduce the max stacks to 3 and damage boost to 20% per stack). Instead, they turned it into a dead skill that NOBODY will EVER take, EVER.

What the hell are they doing with Vengeance... ugh.

Could someone explain to me WHY was this needed?

Who complained about it?

How on earth did the whole "Class Feedback" thread got ignored sooooo much?

Half of that thread is ppl saying how nobody will play with a veng jugg!

And now this? I'll just go wright a Haiku or something to calm myself down.

Frustrated.

Unwilling to go on

Carried by class, I am not

Keep nerfing me.

You reject us

Openly, no thoughts

Under the sun

But beware

We shall return in capitals!

Funny thing, I was saying to a friend of mine a day or two ago that a nice buff to Vengeance would be to do to Pooled Hatred what they did to Pulse Generator for Vanguards (that is, reduce the max stacks to 3 and damage boost to 20% per stack). Instead, they turned it into a dead skill that NOBODY will EVER take, EVER.

What the hell are they doing with Vengeance... ugh.

Kandel is that you?!

Anyways my question right now, is pooled hatred even worth it to pick up anymore?

fail is fail...***...someone actually said vengeance needs a nerf??? /facepalm

When I read in the patch notes that Vengeance/Vigilance got any form of a nerf I hit my head on the keyboard.

I've beta tested this game and have always been a Guardian and a Juggernaut DPS. Our DPS can hardly compete with the others and we can't even match our counterpart the sentinel/marauder because apparently a medium armor DPS should have the best defensive cooldowns in the game and in 1.4 all they got was a 1 second nerf for their immortal.

Oh boy, but Guardians/Juggernauts get Focused Defense. Yipee. I hardly ever use Focused Defense because it's practically useless. It even drains 1 focus every time you get hit and heals you for 3% of your hp. This is such a huge backfire that most of the time when I use Focused Defense I always find myself a focus or two short for using my next ability and for what? 3% healing? Please...

I've invested and played on my Guardian and Juggernaut too long to just toss it up and reroll and now they even nerf our only counter to getting slapped around silly in WZ's? :|

Kandel is that you?!

Anyways my question right now, is pooled hatred even worth it to pick up anymore?

Hell no... Pool Hatred/Gather Strengh doesn't worth the cost anymore. 4% On each stack? Having 5 stacks, therefore you have three possibilities:

_ You are fighting with a noobish guy who's spamming his debuff

_ You are, for example, in voidstar and being slown down by a jugg/guardi while going to the next room (you have to go there as fast as you can, so you don't have the time to hit)

_ You have 4 or 5 people on you ***, that means

Before, with all those stacks, you could deal +50% on your next melee attack, and that could save your life, or it could be your last suicidal attack to help your friends to finish a target. Even with one or two stacks (so 10 or 20%), that could be usefull, and you could hope to have a big crit on your target. On light targets, I could have crit coming up to 4900/5000 dmg with my hybrid tank.

However, now, this skill clearly need the 5 stacks to be usefull, because 4 or 8% is not really enough to make a sensible difference (with 8%, instead of dealing 3000 dmg, you would deal 3240... yay!).

I'd really like to know the thought process behind this. I assume that sane, rational people work at Bioware's design department; how did they come to the conclusion that Gather Strength/Pooled Hatred is overpowered while Rage/Focus tree is underperforming and needs a buff? What sort of numbers can justify this?

The only reason I can think of for the nerf to Gather Strength/Pooled Hatred is that they want to reduce the damage of Vengeance/Immortal hybrids. But it still pales into insignificance compared to the DPS put out by the Shadow/Assassin hybrid so... I'm just baffled.

And seriously, a buff to Rage/Focus? If they slightly buffed their survivability, I might understand. But MORE Smashes that do MORE damage for FREE? What the hell?

I'd really like to know the thought process behind this. I assume that sane, rational people work at Bioware's design department; how did they come to the conclusion that Gather Strength/Pooled Hatred is overpowered while Rage/Focus tree is underperforming and needs a buff? What sort of numbers can justify this?

The only reason I can think of for the nerf to Gather Strength/Pooled Hatred is that they want to reduce the damage of Vengeance/Immortal hybrids. But it still pales into insignificance compared to the DPS put out by the Shadow/Assassin hybrid so... I'm just baffled.

And seriously, a buff to Rage/Focus? If they slightly buffed their survivability, I might understand. But MORE Smashes that do MORE damage for FREE? What the hell?

Because class balance demands that the strongest AoE attack in the game needs both its cost eliminated and frequency buffed... wait, what?!

Seriously, as a tank guarding a healer, it was bad enough to get 150% smash damage. I cringe to think that the best AoE ability in the game just got stronger, free, more frequent, and more people will be rolling this now.

The 1.4 changes to Rage and Vengeance give me the feeling the Devs lack vision and understanding of the class performance.

That or they decided to prioritize PvE balance.

i am really disappointed right now and lost faith.

1.4. is for me the last straw that breaks the camel's back.

Don´t want to sound melodramatic but thats how i feel right now.

Edited by Sabredance

The only reason I can think of for the nerf to Gather Strength/Pooled Hatred is that they want to reduce the damage of Vengeance/Immortal hybrids.

I really hope that's not their reasoning behind this. Nerfing a dps spec because they cant design a decent tank spec?

I don't know what the hell they are thinking, all the warrior/knight changes were just strange.

I really hope that's not their reasoning behind this. Nerfing a dps spec because they cant design a decent tank spec?

I don't know what the hell they are thinking, all the warrior/knight changes were just strange.

Well, if it isn't the reason then I'm forced to conclude that someone accidentally screwed up the coding of Gather Strength and they couldn't be arsed to fix it so they left it in.

Or someone rolled a dice and it landed on the Vigilance tree. I don't know.

And the diversity that already went out the damn window. Now has come crashing through the roof of that greenhouse that sits so conveniently below..

I do believe we all will question what will it come cashing through next before hitting rock bottom.

Hell no... Pool Hatred/Gather Strengh doesn't worth the cost anymore. 4% On each stack? Having 5 stacks, therefore you have three possibilities:

_ You are fighting with a noobish guy who's spamming his debuff

_ You are, for example, in voidstar and being slown down by a jugg/guardi while going to the next room (you have to go there as fast as you can, so you don't have the time to hit)

_ You have 4 or 5 people on you ***, that means

Before, with all those stacks, you could deal +50% on your next melee attack, and that could save your life, or it could be your last suicidal attack to help your friends to finish a target. Even with one or two stacks (so 10 or 20%), that could be usefull, and you could hope to have a big crit on your target. On light targets, I could have crit coming up to 4900/5000 dmg with my hybrid tank.

However, now, this skill clearly need the 5 stacks to be usefull, because 4 or 8% is not really enough to make a sensible difference (with 8%, instead of dealing 3000 dmg, you would deal 3240... yay!).

More or less my thoughts on it, if pooled hatred stacks lasted longer/werent consumed on use or where easier to obtain maybe a different story, but as it is, just really does not seem worth it

Regardless I refuse to switch to Rage spec.

Edited by EnalisNailo