Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The medal system ****s healers...

Jooji

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i woulda replaced the word healers with dpser since the only players ive seen get over 8 medals consistantly in a single game have been tanks and healers since dps dont have access to the heal and protection medals while healers and tanks have access to the dps medals. of course im not even level 30 yet so this might change at higher levels but....

...for the rest if us who have played double/triple digit warzone matches, please explain in greater detail

Edited by heinywb

i woulda replaced the word healers with dpser since the only players ive seen get over 8 medals consistantly in a single game have been tanks and healers since dps dont have access to the heal and protection medals while healers and tanks have access to the dps medals

so for the rest if us who have played double/triple digit warzone matches, please explain in greater detail

You must suck then. Most of the medals are DPS related. I have two I can get from healing, the rest I have to do via sniping kills, etc. I do more healing than the highest damage most warzones yet get half their medals. Explain that one to me...

As a sneaky operative (at around level 20-24) I can *easily* get the following medals in a full game:

* 75k healing

* 2.5k single heal

* 10 kills

* 1 Killing Blow

'-- and possibly solo kill medal

* 1k (or 1.5) defender points

Rarely I can also get the next tier of defender points (in one life, or whatever it is) if I don't die at all (also rare... equally as rare, actually)

I do agree there should be more medals, specifically objective based ones.

I'm thinking:

Huttball:

Carrier Killer (Kill the ball carrier)

Touchdown (Score a point in Huttball)

Unstoppable (Score 3 points in Huttball)

Alderaan:

Control Freak. (Take a turret, or kill "n" players near a turret control, OR kill a player who was attempting to take the turret?)

Voidstar:

Saboteur (successfully blow open a door in Voidstar)

Bomb Disposal Unit (disarm a bomb!)

Raider (extend the bridge)

P.S. I think my medal names were clever.

Oh, and add a medal for passing damn ball.

(I could rant about Huttball for hours, so I'll leave it at that.)

Maybe some "clutch" healing medals too... for healing people who are very low on health? :o

Edited by _Foy

You must suck then. Most of the medals are DPS related. I have two I can get from healing, the rest I have to do via sniping kills, etc. I do more healing than the highest damage most warzones yet get half their medals. Explain that one to me...

u must be dumb then.....ill wait

edit: tired of waiting.....u have access to dps and healing medals, i have access to dps medals...the number of each is irrelevant....get it?

Edited by heinywb

edit: tired of waiting.....u have access to dps and healing medals, i have access to dps medals...the number of each is irrelevant....get it?

It is relevant. I get less gear because of a broken system. I heal, interrupt, cc, snare, etc, but I have to dps also to get gimmicky metals? So stupid.

Couldnt agree more.

Love healing for 300k more than the entire rest of the warfront combined and getting absolutely crap medals for it.

The main issue is a dpsing healer isnt being a HEALER! Granted sure if no one is dying and your free to cast then out standing... but in the 30+ warfronts I've played in the past few weeks I have experienced maybe one warfront were I had the ability to dps as no one needed my healing attention.

DPS should DPS and Support should Support.

Couldnt agree more.

Love healing for 300k more than the entire rest of the warfront combined and getting absolutely crap medals for it.

This.

I hope they fix it because I would also like to be rewarded for my healing in pvp,

as I don't dps at that moment.

My friend gets double medals everytime.

best fix IMO is let the medals get repeatedly earned. That way for every 75k healing I do I get another medal. So when I heal 300k I dont feel like I was wasting my time.

Other wise I can just respec and farm it up like everyone else...our sides just going to get rofl stomped.

best fix IMO is let the medals get repeatedly earned. That way for every 75k healing I do I get another medal. So when I heal 300k I dont feel like I was wasting my time.

Other wise I can just respec and farm it up like everyone else...our sides just going to get rofl stomped.

That's a good idea. And since it's harder to hit 150k than 75k make the 150k one worth more also.

^^^^ stupid.

As a combat medic, I respectively disagree, there are plenty of opportunities to get medals. If all you do is sit back and heal then yes you deserve 2 medals, but if you fully utilize your char and play defense, then you will be surprised, I usually rack up the most medals in my matches.

A gripe that is legitimate, however, is healers don't get MVP love. I've found that it is not the case that people don't want to vote for healers, but they usually don't pay attention and vote for the first number they see (usually damage)

The way I've rectified this issue is as soon as the match ends write "Healer Love Plz" and people will realize that they should consider those who keep them alive. :)

As a sneaky operative (at around level 20-24) I can *easily* get the following medals in a full game:

* 75k healing

* 2.5k single heal

* 10 kills

* 1 Killing Blow

'-- and possibly solo kill medal

* 1k (or 1.5) defender points

Rarely I can also get the next tier of defender points (in one life, or whatever it is) if I don't die at all (also rare... equally as rare, actually)

I do agree there should be more medals, specifically objective based ones.

I'm thinking:

Huttball:

Carrier Killer (Kill the ball carrier)

Touchdown (Score a point in Huttball)

Unstoppable (Score 3 points in Huttball)

Alderaan:

Control Freak. (Take a turret, or kill "n" players near a turret control, OR kill a player who was attempting to take the turret?)

Voidstar:

Saboteur (successfully blow open a door in Voidstar)

Bomb Disposal Unit (disarm a bomb!)

Raider (extend the bridge)

P.S. I think my medal names were clever.

Why was this post ignored? This is genius. =D

As a combat medic, I respectively disagree, there are plenty of opportunities to get medals. If all you do is sit back and heal then yes you deserve 2 medals, but if you fully utilize your char and play defense, then you will be surprised, I usually rack up the most medals in my matches.

So I should fully utilize my character by letting folks die and doing dps instead of focusing on heals? Thats your argument? :eek:

So I should fully utilize my character by letting folks die and doing dps instead of focusing on heals? Thats your argument? :eek:

"There are plenty of opportunities to get medals".

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean "There are 3 people at sub 30% hp, fsck it, throw out damagelolol"

If I'm healing a group, everyone is topped off, and I have more than 80% energy you bet I'm going to start throwing out extra CC or damage. That's utilizing your characters abilities.

The main issue is a dpsing healer isnt being a HEALER! Granted sure if no one is dying and your free to cast then out standing... but in the 30+ warfronts I've played in the past few weeks I have experienced maybe one warfront were I had the ability to dps as no one needed my healing attention.

DPS should DPS and Support should Support.

then stop complaining about medals.....

geez the sense of entitlement is strong as a mother in this thread

either heal ur *** off and be the best healer or triage and help do some dmg and clean up on medals......its ur choice but u do have the option

"There are plenty of opportunities to get medals".

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean "There are 3 people at sub 30% hp, fsck it, throw out damagelolol"

If I'm healing a group, everyone is topped off, and I have more than 80% energy you bet I'm going to start throwing out extra CC or damage. That's utilizing your characters abilities.

Oh I agree, that being said in 90% of the warfronts Im in SOMEONE is always dieing and as a bounty hunter I have to manage my heat like crazy. Any time I get a free moment I'm letting my heat burn off so that I can save them again in a few seconds and 90% of my CC is used to save my own butt.

To get a DPS medal I'd have to stop doing my job I think thats what most of us healers are saying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.