Get rid of the extraction cost

Sir-Coffee

I want to look a certain way in this game, but in order to do so, I must sacrifice 216,440 credits just for the (Head+chest armor) of gear. I want a mask+hood :)

I remember a post(I forgot which developer posted this) a few weeks ago stating that they were going to further reduce the extraction cost. But my question is this: How much of a reduction will it really be? One can only hope that it's either around a 70-90% reduction or there is no extraction cost at all.

Could a developer post their thoughts on this matter? Currently, I am waiting until 1.4(When I believe the change to extraction costs will take place) to change my character's appearance.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

the whole purpose of moddable gear is to keep the look of gear you like to end game where everyone would be unique. but when you throw a charge to mod extraction, basically they are saying, you can role play/ look unique. . . IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.

its really ridiculous, especially at higher levels.

please remove mod extraction cost.

Actually I disagree. It's a credit sink, and its designed so people aren't sitting on billions of credits like that other Star Wars MMO. I know I had at least three characters with max creds in that game. A game with almost no credit sinks.

It's expensive so that it hurts. Making you have to work, and choose carefully the modifications you make. Similarly to the escalating costs of respecing your character.

This keeps the 99 percent of the population below 10 million credits with the majority being around a million or two. It makes you think twice about frivolous swaps, and because the credit in turn has value, people can't get away with selling something rare for 500 million credits.

There was an item in that other MMO, an extremely rare drop, and I bought one for each of my characters, at several hundred million per. Quests in that game gave 10k just like they do here. However people were living on mountains of cash.

I think I saw an uber rare lightsaber crystal called a Sunriders Destiny go for 800 million once. IDK, I get that the prices suck, but there is a reason...and frankly the alternative would be much harder on your check book than the current one.

Actually I disagree. It's a credit sink, and its designed so people aren't sitting on billions of credits like that other Star Wars MMO. I know I had at least three characters with max creds in that game. A game with almost no credit sinks.

It's expensive so that it hurts. Making you have to work, and choose carefully the modifications you make. Similarly to the escalating costs of respecing your character.

This keeps the 99 percent of the population below 10 million credits with the majority being around a million or two. It makes you think twice about frivolous swaps, and because the credit in turn has value, people can't get away with selling something rare for 500 million credits.

There was an item in that other MMO, an extremely rare drop, and I bought one for each of my characters, at several hundred million per. Quests in that game gave 10k just like they do here. However people were living on mountains of cash.

I think I saw an uber rare lightsaber crystal called a Sunriders Destiny go for 800 million once. IDK, I get that the prices suck, but there is a reason...and frankly the alternative would be much harder on your check book than the current one.

1). I shouldn't have to do dailys every single day in order to change my APPEARANCE.

2). "choose carefully the modifications you make" Could you please explain what that means? Are there certain modifications that cost under 15,000 credits to extract?

3). Legacy is already a credit sink. Adding augments to items is a credit sink(Unless you crit craft), of course, the infamous extracting mods, don't forget the VIP area, the cost of skills, respecing A LOT(If you are are a PvE'er or like to change it up in PvE/PvP and then switching out mods just to compensate for your new role).

4). The Heavy tax on items you put onto the GTN.. I know I am forgetting tons of credit sinks, but yeah....

Edited by SithEBM

I'm fine with having an extraction fee but it should be symbolic, as in perhaps 2K per piece and not more. Just look at the cost for sending a BH set between characters:

*500K extraction cost

*Cost for legacy set

*Another 500K + 350K (for augmentation kits and the aug cost) incase you don't want to run around in a legacy set or the legacy set belongs to the char you sent it from.

It quickly adds up to 1,5-2 million depending on which legacy set you buy (yes I am aware that you can use an event set but that's not an option for everyone). That's money I could have spent on GTN instead. I have a couple of companions to gear up too, you know.

Speaking of GTN, the legacy system has really screwed over new players because everyone is putting up stuff under the assumption that every new char belongs to a rich legacy. First, not all legacies are rich. Second, it has reduced the amount of green/blue items on the market because the crafters rather sell purples to a high price. Third, as a new player you simply won't have 50K to spend on implants as a lvl 21.

I would say that this is doing the exact opposite of giving the players incentive to play more. Dailes have become a matter of earning enough to swap 10 mods instead of a fun experience where you might be able to spend your earned credits on some new stuff from GTN.

And I really don't get where this whole "the majority of players have 1-2 million" come from. I know of PvP'ers who have struggled with getting enough credits for the PvP crystals...and those players arent spending money on PvE related stuff, pets or misc.

Edited by MidichIorian

I'm fine with having an extraction fee but it should be symbolic, as in perhaps 2K per piece and not more. Just look at the cost for sending a BH set between characters:

*500K extraction cost

*Cost for legacy set

*Another 500K incase you don't want to run around in a legacy set or the legacy set belongs to the char you sent it from.

It quickly adds up to 1,5-2 million depending on which legacy set you buy (yes I am aware that you can use an event set but that's not an option for everyone). That's money I could have spent on GTN instead. I have a couple of companions to gear up too, you know.

Speaking of GTN, the legacy system has really screwed over new players because everyone is putting up stuff under the assumption that every new char belongs to a rich legacy. First, not all legacies are rich. Second, it has reduced the amount of green/blue items on the market because the crafters rather sell purples to a high price. Third, as a new player you simply won't have 50K to spend on implants as a lvl 21.

I would say that this is doing the exact opposite of giving the players incentive to play more. Dailes have become a matter of earning enough to swap 10 mods instead of a fun experience where you might be able to spend your earned credits on some new stuff from GTN.

And I really don't get where this whole "the majority of players have 1-2 million" come from. I know of PvP'ers who have struggled with getting enough credits for the PvP crystals...and those players arent spending money on PvE related stuff, pets or misc.

This. 1000x This.

I would bet that the grind retains more players than it puts off.

Compared to other games it's very easy to get money and gear and complete content in TOR. If you make it even quicker to gear alts and companions you lose what little grind there is and create more boredom.

Edited by Hessen

IMO the costs associated with removing mods & armoring are fine...but you should only have to pay it ONCE for each item. After that initial removal fee, the said item should be tagged for free removal/insertion.

That is actually a very good idea, I would be fine with this. If a developer could just join this peaceful conversation among subscribers, that would be most appreciated.

I would bet that the grind retains more players than it puts off.

Compared to other games it's very easy to get money and gear and complete content in TOR. If you make it even quicker to gear alts and companions you lose what little grind there is and create more boredom.

This topic isn't about obtaining gear or making it quicker to obtain gear... this topic is about changing gear(You already have) multiple times at a ridiculous price. You'd lose your bet.

Edited by SithEBM

Which nobody should be forced to do. I used to do daily quests every single day when the game first launched.

It becomes boring and repetitive...

You're not forced to do it. You can keep whatever equipment you have and we can all be happy.

If you want something, you have to work for it. If you want the change, you need to afford the change.

If you did all the quests every single day, you'd have about 2.1 Million credits per week.

If that was true, after these.. oooh, 10 months, you'd have earned 84,000,000+ credits.

You're not forced to do it. You can keep whatever equipment you have and we can all be happy.

If you want something, you have to work for it. If you want the change, you need to afford the change.

If you did all the quests every single day, you'd have about 2.1 Million credits per week.

If that was true, after these.. oooh, 10 months, you'd have earned 84,000,000+ credits.

1). I should be working(and I have been) to obtain gear, not changing my appearance.

2). Yes, I did all of the quests, and I was sitting at 10 million credits before 1.2.

3). Perhaps you didn't read the "Used to" part. I stopped after a month because the quests were/are boring and repetitive.

lol it is not hard to get money in this game. i mean the 200k it takes to take out is not bad as a 1 time fee, hell even once a month wouldn't be bad, what else you going to spend credits on. i mean i have 60mil right now and i don't even do dailies. and most in my guild have over 10mil. grow up.

lol it is not hard to get money in this game. i mean the 200k it takes to take out is not bad as a 1 time fee, hell even once a month wouldn't be bad, what else you going to spend credits on. i mean i have 60mil right now and i don't even do dailies. and most in my guild have over 10mil. grow up.

I must grow up because I don't want to do dailies for 5 days in order to change my appearance.

Oh, you have 60mil? That's good for you, did you know that there are some people who actually work a lot and can only play SW:TOR for a couple of hours? Oh wait, you didn't know... well, that's ok because I forgive you.

You have a guild too? That's nice. All of the guilds I have joined unsubscribed and others went to GW2. I remember when I used to win most warzones and RWZs. Eh oh well, we can't have everything we want.

I underlined the sentence that made no sense whatsoever.

Which nobody should be forced to do. I used to do daily quests every single day when the game first launched.

It becomes boring and repetitive...

I'm sorry but the "I don't want to work for it" excuse is beginning to get old.

If you want to look a certain way, just like in real life, you have to spend some credits to do so. Where and how you'll find the credits is your problem. There are many ways to do that. Do your dailies, grind, do space missions, go pvp, sell your crafting material and the stuff you make on the GTN etc. There are so many ways to make money in this game, it's ridiculous.

I would agree with lowering the cost or,even getting rid of extraction prices for legacy gear only (since no one is really using it for looks), but I don't see a reason why they should get rid of the extraction cost altogether.

We could all just get our end game gear, augment it and be perfectly fine and capable to play the game. We would probably need to change around a few mods and enhancements but that would be the total cost and it wouldn't be a big one.

We choose not to.

It's an utterly aesthetic choice.

Of course we should "pay" for it and as long as the payment is done in credits and not real money, I'm fine with it.

Edited by TheNahash

It would be nice if people asked themselves a simple question before posting in the forums:

"Does this topic concern me?"

If it doesn't have any bearing on you then move along please. It sure sounds to me as if any adjustment of the current cost to extract mods would be of no interest to someone claiming to have 60 million credits.