Does SWTOR work on BootCamp nowadays?

IamSmexy

I've been doing A LOT of research because I've recently bought a genuine Windows 7 image to apply on vMware Fusion just so that I could play SWTOR. It downloaded fine, and the updates and patches installed correctly, however I got a black screen at launch. I, of course, was extremely disappointed. I've now decided to try Bootcamp, but only if I get enough positive feedback saying that it does in fact function properly (that means without the spinning screen syndrome, etc).

P.S., is there any way I can re-install Windows on Bootcamp without a disk (Aka with the Image I purchased)?

Thanks for everyones help :)

I play SWTOR using an iMac via Bootcamp with no issues (Late 2011 model). Using Windows 7 it all fine, as previously mentioned, it's effectively a PC, no emulation or VM images.

You'll need a disc to install, Iirc you can't boot a Mac via USB to install windows or via a mounted disc image.

BootCamp has worked since the beginning, at least on my 2 iMacs.

Currently running SWTOR on 3 OSX boxes -- 2 iMac 2011's and a 2012 MacBook Pro. All of them run fine, the lower end iMac need some graphics reduced, but nothing extreme.

I do wish there was a native OSX version, but I am not holding my breath. Also, VMWare and Parallels just released their new versions, haven't tested to see if they are anymore playable.

Windows is windows no matter what type of PC you install it on. Macs are basically re-branded generic PC hardware with a different BIOS and logo, so there isn't a lot of difference.

Running any OS as a virtual machine is different though. So programs are not guaranteed to work or run properly.

Edited by NasherUK

BootCamp works great - it's how I play. The game will run smoother if you restart into your Windows OS as opposed to an emulator. I used a Windows 7 Upgrade disk to clean install Windows on my Mac, which is cheaper and easy to do (and not technically illegal). You can look up the specifics on how through a simple Google search.