I thought you had the companion weapon bug fixed.

cjakubow

All my companions are now running around with their weapons out again. This is doubly annoying for force using companions who are just constantly running around with their lightsabers lit up. It is even uglier when they put their weapons away and the blades are still on. The last time you guys updated, this looked fixed, then in the last update it is back again. What? Did you think that we were too satisfied with a bug you actually fixed?

Guards in fleet are standing around with their hands empty in a rifle-holding position with their rifles on their backs again. And my agent likes to make like she's drawing her rifle in some cutscenes but only pretends to and then threatens people while holding their pretend rifle.

For reals this game has been out for nine months.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen a fix on this yet and it's definitely annoying. One thing I can't stand is when I dismiss my companion (who has their lightsaber out and lit) the saber just hangs there in the air floating around until you change instances. What's weird is I haven't noticed other sabers hanging in mid-air around the fleet and such so I don't know if it's just on my end or people just aren't dismissing their companions like I am. One little fix I have noticed that doesn't cause this to happen is if you dismiss your companion when running, the saber doesn't float in mid-air afterwards. While this trick works, it's stupid that I have to do it this way. All in all, none of this would happen if they just made it so your companion only pulls out their saber when you do.

I have never seen a fix on this yet and it's definitely annoying. One thing I can't stand is when I dismiss my companion (who has their lightsaber out and lit) the saber just hangs there in the air floating around until you change instances. What's weird is I haven't noticed other sabers hanging in mid-air around the fleet and such so I don't know if it's just on my end or people just aren't dismissing their companions like I am. One little fix I have noticed that doesn't cause this to happen is if you dismiss your companion when running, the saber doesn't float in mid-air afterwards. While this trick works, it's stupid that I have to do it this way. All in all, none of this would happen if they just made it so your companion only pulls out their saber when you do.

When on Fleet, I only see my companion's saber.

When in the open world, I see my companion's saber and the sabers of the Sith I have killed.

Bad code somewhere.

Not a game breaking bug......

I would feel personally affronted if they spent time fixing this bug. There are far more important issues to be addressed.

You mean like Changing the color of the White Chest Voss piece? Sorry, I think this is a bigger issue than the changes they came out with today.

Not a game breaking bug......

I would feel personally affronted if they spent time fixing this bug. There are far more important issues to be addressed.

I disagree. I cannot think of any bug, issue, update, or problem that bothers me more than this, with the possible exception of really bad non-hideable companion headgear. There are whole classes that I have stopped playing until they get this bug fixed.

Yes plz fix this bug. It was fine back at launch and got messed up around 1.2 update. Also if I have my companion dismissed and then have speak to a quest giver, my companion reappears after the cutscene. None of this is game breaking but its just one of those annoying things that once worked fine but is now broken. I'd give all my Cartel Coins to have this fixed. Hows that for incentive?

All my companions are now running around with their weapons out again. This is doubly annoying for force using companions who are just constantly running around with their lightsabers lit up. It is even uglier when they put their weapons away and the blades are still on. The last time you guys updated, this looked fixed, then in the last update it is back again. What? Did you think that we were too satisfied with a bug you actually fixed?

Guards in fleet are standing around with their hands empty in a rifle-holding position with their rifles on their backs again. And my agent likes to make like she's drawing her rifle in some cutscenes but only pretends to and then threatens people while holding their pretend rifle.

For reals this game has been out for nine months.

I don't think mine have ever stopped running around like that. :(

The fact that we can't see other player's companion's offensive stance tells us that the server has the correct "state" and is passing down to other people's client-side fine. That means the issue is our own client having the wrong "state" for our own character and it is not synced from the server.

I bet they could force the client-server to re-check every so often but that would create a huge amount of unnecessary traffic. The real fix is probably the client side but they haven't figured out how to change/add codes without making things worse. That's my guess anyway.

The patch note was really specific by saying "Companions no longer have their weapons drawn on the player's starship"

I don't know if that means they still have them out when you summon them and they have a stance selected.

Yes, it means the "fix" is limited to when you are on your ship. It's clearly not "fixed" in general. This is still annoying, but not game breaking.

The odd thing, as someone already mentioned, is this used to (mostly) work fine back in the beginning times. Yet they can't fix it? Me's a thinks they aren't giving it much priority.

Edited by hooty

I disagree. I cannot think of any bug, issue, update, or problem that bothers me more than this, with the possible exception of really bad non-hideable companion headgear. There are whole classes that I have stopped playing until they get this bug fixed.

Its not game breaking. Get a reality check. If this really bothers you that much, you might want to relax a bit and get some sun.

Edited by Arkerus

The odd thing, as someone already mentioned, is this used to (mostly) work fine back in the beginning times. Yet they can't fix it? Me's a thinks they aren't giving it much priority.

It was working in Beta, companions only got their weapons out when you did.

Have you seen a companion with a holstered lighted lightsaber? It looks worse than stupid.

I agree. For me, it's game breaking. I really want to play my level 30-ish Knight next, but Kira runs around in stupid hats with her lightsaber decapitating her on every stride. At least 1.4 will let me hide her silly hats.