1.4 Assassins/Shadows will have 5 second cooldown Force Speed?

KPureblade

So if I'm understanding this right, Assassins/Shadows that place 7 points in the Deception (Lightning Reflexes) tree and 7 points in the Darkness tree (New functionality to Avoidance), in addition to the change that Force Speed is lowered to a 20 second cooldown, they will have a 5 second cooldown on Force Speed?

Force speed's run duration lasts for 2 seconds anyway, so unless some other things are getting some changes, there will only be 3 seconds of time that Assassins/Shadows are not running at 150% run speed.

Am I right on all this or are there more changes going on than detailed? And if this is correct... what? Primarily thinking of Huttball here, but all of the objective based warzones will be significantly affected by this, won't they?

Don't misunderstand me I'm all for Assassins/Shadows getting a rebalance if they want it, but this seems a bit extreme.

Edited by KPureblade

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The baseline 20 second sprint is for sorcs/sages only right?

Either way, 15 second cooldown on sprint is pretty good.

Nay.

Force Speed now has a 20-second cooldown (down from 30) for all Consulars and Inquisitors.

Assassin = Inquistor, Shadow = Consular.

So unless the tank tree talent is taken away, they will have 5 seconds of cooldown.

Force speed's run duration lasts for 2 seconds anyway, so unless some other things are getting some changes, there will only be 3 seconds of time that Assassins/Shadows are not running at 150% run speed.

150% increase....so 250% run speed. Plus anything else that stacks.

well i dont see the problem, speccing this way is a huttball only option becaus you are sacrifying alot of dmg, so you can escape every battle but win none...

would also be extremely valuable in Novara Coast for defending and taking points, Civil war for the same reason and getting to doors before defenders on Voidstar. So it would be very useful in all warzones but not for dueling

would also be extremely valuable in Novara Coast for defending and taking points, Civil war for the same reason and getting to doors before defenders on Voidstar. So it would be very useful in all warzones but not for dueling

to take or defend a node you have to duel(to some degree), you have to take down the defender, or you have to kill the attacker. both is extremly hard when you sacrify 30+% of your dmg and or utility. in voidstar i´ve never seen speed an issue regarding open doors or keep them shut, the energy barrier is the key and stupid players ;)

Edited by Tankqull

How making yourself more squishy will help in DEFENDING? lol...

I brought this up in the Sin forums and have an issue with it as well. 5s is way too short of a CD. It wouldn't surprise me if Lightning Recovery is changed in 1.4 to reflect the Deception changes. It also wouldn't surprise me to see BW move some skills around in the trees to prevent some other skill changes from being overpowered when combined in a certain way. For all we know it'll be a tier 3 or 4 skill. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to see for ourselves.

Do you people even lift??

Assassins don't have a leap to an enemy target (or 2), and then a leap back to whoever they were guarding. Force Speed is used for this. The cooldown on it was indeed too long. Hence, why changes are inc.

Also, Huttball is NOT THE ENTIRE GAME.

*I hate you sports people. The entire SWTOR is not Huttball. If people acted the way they do about sports, for anything else, they'd be locked up in psych wards.*

Edited by Asphen

I thought of this too was about to post it until i saw this post :p

And no way Bioware would allow this to happen that would be way too op.

There is still a long time until this patch comes out they will fix it up properly don't worry.

Although a 3 seconds cool down on force speed would be pretty handy for me :D

I'm sure something will be adjusted to not allow this, but it's also possible with the proposed resolve changes & speed increase to other stealth classes that it might be viable for an assassin. There is no longer a 30m stun as well for us to catch up to the opponent. We will be getting stunned much more without getting a white bar and moving around will become much more difficult in general for melee.

Yes it will be dangerous in huttball but I'm not sure anymore dangerous than a jug/guardian leaping, push, leap, intercede covering up to 90m in 3 seconds. Yes in the right hands it will be OP but that is true for most things. A spec to take advantage of this will lose dps and range so taking everything else into consideration. It may be one of those working as intended things and may not be as bad as it sounds on paper.

I suspect that the 2 points to lightning recovery in the darkness tree will only affect the cooldown on force shroud now. It will be an odd place for it in the tree though if it remains where it is, since force shroud is received well after you can spec into the buff in the skill tree. Definitely some loose ends that need to be cleared up with the change though.

Did any of you actually read the post??? Because, they said the ability is going to a flat 20 second CD and the previous talents reduces it by 5 seconds totaling a 15 second CD not 5! wow read more ppl. Edited by Soobydoo

Did any of you actually read the post??? Because, they said the ability is going to a flat 20 second CD and the previous talents reduces it by 5 seconds totaling a 15 second CD not 5! wow read more ppl.

Do you even know the Assassin skills? My guess is no. The proposed change would bring force speed down to 15s when you spec into Avoidance (Deception tree)....HOWEVER....Lightning Recovery (in the Darkness tree) also reduces force speed by 10s. Hence why we're discussing the possible OPness of a 5s CD force speed when/if you spec into both.

personally, i wish they would have left force speed alone, and made a 'teleport' skill fo consulars/inquistors, similar to leap mechanics. Only made the sin/shadow version telport to a foe, and sorc/sage teleport to a friendly.

Make this skill a default skill. Then have the new skills that add buffs to the teleport.. sorcs/sages get a feated instant heal on the target they teleport to. get a skill that refreshs the bubble cooldown when teleporting, etc. Have the sins/shadows give insant dmg to their target teleported to and reset vanish cooldown. something along that lines.

speed boosts in some of these maps will just be too annoying to play against. For the people that thought the cc's were heavy before, watch out, cause now they will be absoluately mandatory now..