Sith in a Pretty Dress: Chronicles of Adwynyth

Adwynyth

Timeline: Corellia, right after the previous Corellia post

Sith Warrior Ch3 Spoilers

"I must remember to give a test report and a rating of 'adequate' to the designers of this pod," said the pedantic, bureaucratic functionary within him automatically.

The whole thing was awesome but that line :) <3

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline: Corellia, right after the previous Corellia post

Sith Warrior Ch3 Spoilers

Granted, he probably could have planned it better

...[also]...

Quinn smiled wolfishly. There was the loophole he could take advantage of. "Twovee, I want you to listen to me very carefully..." The former Third-Year Academy Debate Champion would need all of his skill to pull this off, and closed his eyes in concentration as he spoke.

Marvelous throughout. :D

Quinn twitched and turned purple. He suddenly remembered that Pierce always kept a spare vibroknife in the escape pod. Just in case.

Grimaak felt the rage, and actually flinched.

Quinn smiled, and it was terrible to behold.

He's... he's going to fight off a Sith Lord with a vibroknife?

He's a bada*s after my own heart.

O_o

Go, Quinn, go!

Oh, trust me...I will. :rak_03:

The whole thing was awesome but that line :) <3

Well, even my captivity and subsequent freedom does not relieve me from the responsibilities of command. *parade rest*

Marvelous throughout. :D

Thankee! :p That first line you quoted was a shout-out...to you.

I AM A SLAVE.

What? You're not even in this story! OUT! *chases with broom* SHOO!

He's... he's going to fight off a Sith Lord with a vibroknife?

He's a bada*s after my own heart.

O_o

Trust me. That doesn't begin to describe what's happening next. :rak_03:

Timeline: Corellia, right after my last post

Possible Sith Warrior Ch 3 spoilers

Somewhere in a detached part of Malavai Quinn's mind, he was able to think rationally. I must be going mad. This must be what insanity feels like. He stabbed the vibroknife through the eye of another Imperial soldier and grabbed the dead man's blaster rifle just in time to deflect it to toward another soldier just as the first soldier's death spasm pulled the trigger. Four down, twelve to go. And a very amused Sith. I probably could have planned this better.

He began to write his resignation paperwork in his head. To whom it may concern... I, Captain Malavai Quinn, hereby tender my resignation from the Imperial Navy. It is with great regret... *stab, slash* ...that I can no longer fulfill the requirements of my station. *flying kick, followed by a blaster volley* However, after recent events, including my unsanctioned murder of several of the Empire's finest... *slash, blast from a hastily deflected thermal detonator* ...it is my judgement that I am no longer fit to wear the uniform that I respect so deeply and hold so dear.

At the last minute, he grabbed a torso-sized piece of debris from the pod crash and held it up to deflect the first coordinated blaster fire he'd encountered since he'd begun his rampage. Rampage? Is that the correct term? I wonder if perhaps 'eruption' might not be a better choice. He threw the flotsam at the foursome that were firing at him and dove behind one of the ships' landing struts to retrieve a fallen blaster pistol. Maybe 'murder spree' would be more appropriate. No...too showy. Besides, I was provoked. Nobody calls my wife a harlot. He sprayed another lethally accurate group of shots at the four, appreciating the symmetry of "one shot, one kill". Even though I did just try to kill her.

After a few more exchanges of fire, and one well-aimed throw of a power converter, the troops were nothing more than corpses all over the floor of the hangar. More polite applause from Lord Grimaak rang out across the echo-filled space. "Very good, Quinn. You truly live up to your deadly reputation. It must have been hard having to hold back and play medic for the past few years."

Dropping the exhausted blaster, the Captain again slipped into parade rest, out of habit if nothing else. He was still completely naked, now covered with blood, and smelling faintly of burnt metal and death. "I appreciate the sentiment, my lord. However, you do realize I intend to kill you."

"Of course. And you do realize I can swat you like a gn--" The hilt of a vibroknife sticking out of his stomach, having been thrown faster than he could conceive and with no warning through the Force, stopped Grimaak in his tracks. He was shocked that he had sensed nothing. Of course, a mere blade would not kill a Sith Lord, let alone one as powerful as Lord Grimaak, apprentice to Darth Baras. He had barely completed the thought, chuckled, and reached for the knife to pull it out when all of a sudden...

"Twovee! Protocol six, now!"

Lord Grimaak's world went white with pain, then very, very red with rage.

This was the second time Adwynyth had been informed of an incident involving her Captain, and the second time she was being told to keep out. This time, she had no patience for any of them, because this time it was her fault. Traitor or not, she'd left her husband at the mercy of whatever of Baras' agents were coming to try to kill her or Darth Vowrawn.

She racked up quite a pile of corpses -- mostly thrown aside into very solid walls and other building features with Force pushes -- and cut down the last two guards before walking into the hangar to find...the hangar mostly gone.

Quinn was standing in the center of what used to be the hangar, totally naked, covered in blood that hopefully was mostly not his, with a kolto pack strapped to one arm, and...in parade rest? The ship was all but a wreck, the remains of the escape pod piled against one wall. Two of the turrets lay on the ground, mangled by what could only be Force crushes, and riddled with lightsaber burns and slashes. Corpses wearing Imperial uniforms lay strewn all over in various states of dead. 2VR8, or what was left of him, lay in a small neat pile by the ship's boarding ramp, which was off-kilter by about fifteen degrees, which made sense given that a landing strut had been sheered off and embedded in the outer bay doors.

Damn that man! He didn't even have the courtesy of forgoing his usual "making an entrance"...even if she was coming to him this time.

"Quinn--?" Adwynyth felt a squishy sensation under her feet and backed up, scrubbing her boot against the ground to remove whatever she had stepped in. "What is...?"

"Lord Grimaak, my lord. His torso, at any rate."

Adwynyth simply gaped. Sure enough, the robe looked like one he favored, and a piece of his distinctive armor could be seen underneath. "How---?" This seemed to be her day for unfinished sentences.

"With great difficulty, my lord." He indicated a head sitting neatly upon one of the larger remaining pieces of the escape pod. Sure enough, it was Grimaak's face, the left half burned away, and the right half looking quite surprised...which might have had something to do with the vibroknife hilt sticking out of his mouth.

Vette whistled. Broonmark blorrped something that sounded respectful. Jaesa gawked as awkwardly as Adwynyth. And Pierce...he walked straight up to Quinn and...that can't be right. Saluted? "Captain."

"Lieutenant."

"Let's get you to a med-bay...sir." For once, there was no sarcasm on the title. A small grin was starting to seep its way through his serious and slightly shocked look. He took an emergency blanket and draped it about Quinn's shoulders.

"Very well, Lieutenant." Quinn accepted the offer and began to walk toward the hangar's exit. Pierce...fell in slightly behind him?

As they walked past Adwynyth, still in shock and gaping between Quinn and the carnage in the hangar bay, she barely heard what was doubtlessly intended to be a private exchange.

"I am seriously impressed, mate. Anytime you need to borrow another knife..."

"Actually, the balance felt like it was a fraction off. I have some suggestions for weighting the hilt..." Whatever else Quinn said was lost in the noise of the Corellian spaceport technicians finally arriving on-scene and quite literally dropping their toolboxes.

NOTES

I'm not sure this came out as well as I had hoped. But oh well...tha't's why we're all here. Trying to hone our skills. :D

Oh, snap. Quinn went all Kill Bill on the hangar.

And while I don't personally like tremendous bloodfests as a thing, I believe this one was well executed. I love his thought process as he goes. :eek:

Why thankee. :p I was kinda hearing that music in my head while I was writing parts of it. :D

I originally was just going to do the build-up as Part 1 (like I did), and then have the "after the carnage" scene, but I had the idea to have his normal pedantic babble going on in his head while he was slaughtering people, and couldn't resist. :cool: Glad it came out okay.

Holy.

Farking.

Ship.

And he did not disappoint! Marvelous, indeed!

Why yes...the ship is quite farked right now, isn't it? :D

Wow, just...wow. Awesome to read Quinn kicking major a**. That was great! :D

Thankee! I feel very very evil for writing ANYTHING in which Quinn is awesome, but it felt so GOOD. :rak_03:

That

Was

AWESOME!

Thank you very much!

I believe Milani meant me.

Oh.

Well, you too. Kinda.

:rak_03:

Timeline: who cares, all on-ship action; after Hoth sometime

No spoilers I can think of

"More ice cream!"

Quinn sighed, played a card, and facepalmed. "Not again so soon." The girls were having their weekly "ice cream and movie pajama party" in the lounge, and the men preferred to be far, far away when that happened. However, the one rule Adwynyth had insisted on is that when the ladies ran out of ice cream, the men had to bring it. How they figured who brought it when was up to them. And despite Broonmark's protestations about the lack of traditional genders for Talz, he was designated "one of the boys" and told he had to take a turn as well.

Pierce put down his cards and chuckled. "It's only fair, mate. I was just in there, and Broonmark went before that."

"Are you ever going to address me properly, Lieutenant?"

Pierce straightened to mock-attention. "Sir, no sir!" He picked up his hand again, choose a card, and put it down. "Take that."

Broonmark threw his cards across the room, stood up and stalked out of the cargo bay. He blorped something long and angry-sounding as he did so.

"I didn't catch that, Broonmark." Quinn had spoken too late and Broonmark was out of the room.

Pierce was collecting and shuffling up the cards for another game. "I caught something about murder, meat, and explosives. Or something. Oh, and he said he'd take your turn."

"Thank the Force. Anyway, how do you keep winning hand after hand, Pierce?"

"I'm good." He dealt himself and Quinn into this hand, figuring Broonmark would be pouting in the galley for a while.

"No one's that good. I would almost suspect cheating if I didn't think you'd throttle me. Again."

"Did you forget that I taught you and Broonmark how to play?"

"Well, yes. That notwithstanding..."

"You're not used to being less than brilliant at anything you do, are you, Quinn?"

Quinn's usual serious look became a different shade of serious. Almost...relaxed. "You got it in one, Lieutenant. I've naturally been able to pick up most of what I tried quickly: firearms, explosives, electronics, slicing, medical training, Imperial procedure and etiquette, diplomacy. And I'm a damn fine officer, despite what you may think." He actually said this last ironically instead of as the indictment it usually was. "But I tend to avoid the things that I don't master quickly."

Pierce was curious at this sudden informal turn of his uptight "commander". "Like what, for instance?"

"Cards, for one. Art. Friendship. ...Romance."

(to be continued; I'm late for a movie with friends :p)

"You're not used to being less than brilliant at anything you do, are you, Quinn?"

... "But I tend to avoid the things that I don't master quickly."

Pierce was curious at this sudden informal turn of his uptight "commander". "Like what, for instance?"

Must say :o ... that made me laugh so hard :D

Especially Quinn being used to being brilliant at everything.

"But I tend to avoid the things that I don't master quickly."

I stick to murder. Far simpler.

Edited by irishfino

Timeline: continuation of my last post

(cut to the lounge, where the women are wearing pajamas, huddled on the couch, watching a very bad holo involving romance, comedy, and absolutely no juicy action, violence, or sex whatsoever)

"Our dishes aren't gonna refill themse--oh, thank you, Broonmark!"

"Bloooorpp." Vette glared as he left, grumpily stomping into the galley.

"What did he say, Vette?"

"You don't want to know. It involved ice cream storage somewhere on your person."

It took Adwynyth a moment. "Oh. Spoilsport."

Jaesa chimed in. "The boys don't know what they're missing."

"Oh yes they do. I'm of the opinion that men are allergic to romance. Malavai certainly is."

Vette mumbled, "He's allergic to being human."

That prompted Adwynyth to throw some popcorn at the Twi'lek, laughing. "Now now...he's not that bad."

Jaesa looked over, "I bet he's big."

Vette brightened up as if shocked by a ronto prod. "That's it! That's why you took him back so quickly. He must be HUGE!"

"Eight inches."

Pierce goggled at that. "Eight?! Mine's only five or six, if that."

"The extra length adds much more effectiveness, not to mention flexibility in the manner of use."

"Good God, Captain, how do you wield something like that effectively?"

Quinn smiled proudly. "Practice."

"Practice. He was so bad when we first started, I made him practice everything, even when I wasn't in the mood."

Vette and Jaesa were rapt. "Wow," they both breathed in unison.

Jaesa was the first to break the silence that followed. "I don't think I've heard anything quite that pathetic, and I'm pretty new to the whole thing."

Vette chuckled. "I've been around the block once or twice, and pathetic doesn't begin to describe it."

Adwynyth suddenly felt a little bad for bringing up the subject. "Well, it wasn't all that bad."

"That wasn't all that bad, Lieutenant. I do believe you're getting the hang of it."

"I'm a quick study too."

"Obviously. Let me show you a few more tricks you can pull off with the extra length."

"Never woulda thought someone small and skinny like you would be able to handle that kinda length. Where would you even put it? No offense."

"None taken. My size allows some to underestimate me. Let me show you something." Quinn showed off a move to the Lieutenant, happy to have the opportunity to have more than a strictly antagonistic relationship with him. "See how fast that was?"

"I didn't think you could get that close to my face without making a mess. You know what you're doing, I'll give you that."

"Here, take hold of it. I'll watch you practice for a while. I have a feeling you'll get the hang of it... yes, that's very good."

"They're entirely too quiet in there. I haven't heard anyone yell 'pazaak' in a while. I'd better see what's going on." Adwynyth paused the holo and headed for the cargo bay to see what was happening when she heard the telltale sounds of physical exertion.

The Sith Lord entered the room and very nearly gagged. Pierce and Quinn were...in their underwear, wrestling on the floor. "Gentlemen!" She Force-pushed both men to opposite sides of the room.

Pierce remained on the ground with a wolfish grin, and Quinn immediately snapped to attention, guiltily red-faced as if caught doing something very, very bad.

The guilty parties were sitting in the lounge, the holo having long-since been turned off. Vette and Jaesa were nowhere to be found after Adwynyth led them both in. Jaesa's impish grin to Pierce spoke of...discussions she intended have with him later, while Vette got one look at Quinn and yelled "Ewwwwww" all the way back to her room. Presently, they were explaining just what the Force was going on.

"The Captain had a few inches on me, so I practiced with his a bit..."

"WHAT?!"

"His knife." He took an absolutely gigantic knife-in-sheath from his waistband for emphasis. "Sorry, here you go, Captain." It looked like it was made to gut rancors.

Quinn accepted it back smoothly. "Thank you, Lieutenant. I regret that I dropped yours when Lady Wrath pushed us apart."

Pierce grunted. "No problem. I'll grab it later. Sure it's fine."

The With could feel a pounding between her temples. "Somebody tell me..."

"Like I said, milord, the Captain and I were practicing with knives. He was teaching me to handle longer blades." The admission nearly killed him, but he couldn't lie to Adwynyth.

"Quinn was teaching you how to handle knives?"

Vette picked that inopportune moment to pass through on the way to the 'fresher.

"Yes, milord. I'd never handled a beauty like his before, so I wanted to give him a go with it..."

"EWWWWWWW!" The Twi'lek ran the rest of the way, and faint retching sounds could be heard from within.

Quinn picked up the story from here. "Anyway, the Lieutenant is a quick study, and we eventually started discussing wrestling."

"Yeah. Captain here was the champion three years running at the Academy. Just so happens, so was I, the three years before that."

"And from there, we decided to demonstrate a bit and test our relative skill levels. Pierce had a signature move at the Academy, and I was curious if it could be countered."

Poor Vette chose this moment to emerge from the refresher, looking a bit haggard and slightly green.

"Quinn had a few ideas, so I let him get on top, and then we..."

"EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" And the 'fresher door was locked again, the sounds of Twi'lek suffering clearly emanating from within.

"Of course we couldn't wrestle in our uniforms, and neither of us carries our old wrestling gear with us. It was quite illuminating, though. Lieutenant Pierce is quite skilled."

"Not so bad yourself, Captain."

"Thank you, Lieutenant."

Adwynyth's head was starting to hurt from all the niceness and not-sarcasm between the two. "Wake me when you two hate each other again. I'm going to bed."

NOTES

I anticipate the sound of many heads exploding. :D

Edited by Adwynyth

Timeline: continuation of my last post

I anticipate the sound of many heads exploding. :D

HAHAHAHA.. *gasp* HAHAHAHA *head 'splodes*

I really am that b- ow!

That's quite enough innuendo for one post, yes?

I was going straight for the jugular.

You were going straight for your p- OW! Hey!

Fair is fair.

:mad:

BWAHAHAHAHA..

Oh my.. by the time I ever get through my Sith Warrior story I will have known all the companions way to weirdly and intimately hahahahaha

Must say :o ... that made me laugh so hard :D

Especially Quinn being used to being brilliant at everything.

Thankee! :p I kinda figured Quinn for the "brilliant kid nobody liked" in school, because he was so serious and driven and was good at everything. Hell, in school he could probably fake enough of a personality to get the popular girls. :D

I stick to murder. Far simpler.

Bloorrpp.

He said, "So do I usually. Wanna hang out sometime?"

This is the only reasonable reaction to a detente between those two. :D

If you think I wouldn't still happily put grenades in his skivvies...

What was that, Lieutenant?

Nothing...sir. :D

I really am that b- ow!

That's quite enough innuendo for one post, yes?

I was going straight for the jugular.

You were going straight for your p- OW! Hey!

Fair is fair.

:mad:

If you two can't be nice and get along, I'm swear I'm going to turn this group of Quinns around and go straight home.

HAHAHAHA.. *gasp* HAHAHAHA *head 'splodes*

I KNEW IT!

Clean-up on aisle 5!

You be nice, Vette. That's one of your fans!

Really? I'm so sorry, I--

Psyche! She likes Quinn.

:mad: *pulls out chainsaw*

PIERCE!

Milord?

Crazy Twi'lek duty.

Again? *grabs Vette and carries her, kicking and screaming, back into the ship*

Mad, they've all gone mad. In the most fun way possible, of course :D

That's the only way to fly.

Technically, my lord. flight is enabled by aerodynamic lift--

*Force chokes Quinn*

Hey! That's my job!

No no...keep going. *eats popcorn*

I am struggling very, very hard to not spit my soda out onto my computer screen in pure laughter....

Mission accomplished! :D