Sith in a Pretty Dress: Chronicles of Adwynyth

Adwynyth

okay you guys.. making me giggle hysterically is making people look at me funny.

Probably a very good thing I can't read this at work. But when I am in my car at lunch reading this stuff, hiccuping because I am laughing so hard, I know people think I really have vodka in my water bottle :eek:

Hee hee hee! Then my mission is a success! :D

What about my mission?

Yours is making ME laugh.

...when I suffer.

Right.

*sigh*

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline: just after arriving on Corellia

Sith Warrior Act 2 & 3 spoilers

Vette caught up to Adwynyth. "So, you're just gonna leave him there?"

"Yup."

"You sure there isn't a better place?"

Pierce chimed in. "You mean like the airlock, right before I stumble and accidentally hit the 'Purge' button?"

Vette glared. "Are you sure he's safe? I mean. what if Broonie gets hungry in the middle of the night?"

"Bllloooorrp."

"Sorry, big guy. But I know how you get when you can't hunt live game." Vette was the only one who'd managed to learn to understand Talz so far. Probably something to do with growing up where about a dozen languages were regularly spoken.

The huge furred being nodded his head in assent. "Blorrpp."

"Master, I think Vette's right." The Sith Lord had never been able to break Jaesa of the 'Master' habit. "The Cap--"

Adwynyth rounded on her apprentice savagely. "NO ONE mentions that name! Or title."

Jaesa continued carefully. "He is exposed, both to those of us who wish him ill will, and to Baras. And random thieves. And every nosy sightseer, lost child, and random animal that might be wandering the spaceport. I think leaving the ramp down the the ship's security off was a bad idea."

"Noted." Adwynyth pretty much ignored her and continued on.

"Bllloooorrrrrp."

The Sith looks sideways at Vette. "Well?"

The Twi'lek looked as if she'd rather be anyplace else at that moment. Or ignorant of the Talz language. "Broonmark says it's unfair to leave him there defenseless. He should be allowed to fight for his life. He wants to be the one to--"

"No."

"He says--"

"No! What part of 'I'm killing the bastard myself when the time is right' are you people not getting?"

Pierce muttered, "Maybe the part where him kneeling helpless in front of you wasn't the right time?"

"What was that, Pierce?"

"I said, 'lovely birds around these parts', milord."

"That's what I thought you said."

Jaesa made another try. "But seriously, Master. Tied spread-eagle in the cargo bay, naked, and smeared in Hutt milk? I can't even stand the smell all the way across the ship. Not to mention the humiliation he must be feeling. Wouldn't it be better to torture him and then airlock him, or send his body to Baras, or something?"

Adwynyth stopped, seething. She calmed herself visibly and turned to her crew. "That bastard on the ship is not a human being. He made me fall in love, and then used that love to betray me. He spoke honey in my ear while he was sliding a knife in my back. Physical pain doesn't impress, frighten, or really affect him. All he understands is dignity, professionalism, protocol, decorum...and I will have that stripped from him. Slowly, over years if need be. That thing on the ship will suffer, but humiliation is how it will suffer worst."

Nobody spoke for a few seconds, then Pierce piped up again. "Look, milord. I'd be the last one to defend that crumb, but he is human." Everyone stopped and stared at the solider in shock. Pierce was advocating for the rights of Quinn at all, let alone after he'd betrayed Adwynyth? "I mean...couldn't we at least make him bleed a little?"

The universe back in its proper shape, everyone resumed their march to where Darth Vowrawn's first assassin should be arriving...

Edited by Adwynyth

Nobody spoke for a few seconds, then Pierce piped up again. "Look, milord. I'd be the last one to defend that crumb, but he is human." Everyone stopped and stared at the solider in shock. Pierce was advocating for the rights of Quinn at all, let alone after he'd betrayed Adwynyth? "I mean...couldn't we at least make him bleed a little?"

The universe back in its proper shape, everyone resumed their march to where Darth Vowrawn's first assassin should be arriving...

*consumed by malicious cackling*

Vette caught up to Adwynyth. "So, you're just gonna leave him there?"

"Yup."

"You sure there isn't a better place?"

Pierce chimed in. "You mean like the airlock, right before I stumble and accidentally hit the 'Purge' button?"

Vette glared. "Are you sure he's safe? I mean. what if Broonie gets hungry in the middle of the night?"

"Bllloooorrp."

"Sorry, big guy. But I know how you get when you can't hunt live game." Vette was the only one who'd managed to learn to understand Talz so far. Probably something to do with growing up where about a dozen languages were regularly spoken.

The huge furred being nodded his head in assent. "Blorrpp."

"Master, I think Vette's right." The Sith Lord had never been able to break Jaesa of the 'Master' habit. "The Cap--"

Adwynyth rounded on her apprentice savagely. "NO ONE mentions that name! Or title."

Jaesa continued carefully. "He is exposed, both to those of us who wish him ill will, and to Baras. And random thieves. And every nosy sightseer, lost child, and random animal that might be wandering the spaceport. I think leaving the ramp down the the ship's security off was a bad idea."

"Noted." Adwynyth pretty much ignored her and continued on.

"Bllloooorrrrrp."

The Sith looks sideways at Vette. "Well?"

The Twi'lek looked as if she'd rather be anyplace else at that moment. Or ignorant of the Talz language. "Broonmark says it's unfair to leave him there defenseless. He should be allowed to fight for his life. He wants to be the one to--"

"No."

"He says--"

"No! What part of 'I'm killing the bastard myself when the time is right' are you people not getting?"

Pierce muttered, "Maybe the part where him kneeling helpless in front of you wasn't the right time?"

"What was that, Pierce?"

"I said, 'lovely birds around these parts', milord."

"That's what I thought you said."

Jaesa made another try. "But seriously, Master. Tied spread-eagle in the cargo bay, naked, and smeared in Hutt milk? I can't even stand the smell all the way across the ship. Not to mention the humiliation he must be feeling. Wouldn't it be better to torture him and then airlock him, or send his body to Baras, or something?"

Adwynyth stopped, seething. She calmed herself visibly and turned to her crew. "That bastard on the ship is not a human being. He made me fall in love, and then used that love to betray me. He spoke honey in my ear while he was sliding a knife in my back. Physical pain doesn't impress, frighten, or really affect him. All he understands is dignity, professionalism, protocol, decorum...and I will have that stripped from him. Slowly, over years if need be. That thing on the ship will suffer, but humiliation is how it will suffer worst."

Everything Pierce says, ever, is part of the reason I love that man.

And to quote Adwynyth's insight in particular:

All he understands is dignity, professionalism, protocol, decorum...and I will have that stripped from him. Slowly, over years if need be. That thing on the ship will suffer, but humiliation is how it will suffer worst.

:rak_01:

Are you going to have him protect Vowrawn like he does if you leave him on the ship when Vowrawn is there? Because... being tied up and smothered and nerf milk just makes him an easy target for death.

sw corellia spoilers

If he throws himself at Lord Draahg naked and covered in nerf milk I'm drawing that...

Edited by kabeone

*consumed by malicious cackling*

BINGO! Mission accomplished. :rak_03:

Everything Pierce says, ever, is part of the reason I love that man.

And he hasn't even gotten started yet. :p

:rak_01:

I see your :rak_01: and raise you a :rak_03:

Are you going to have him protect Vowrawn like he does if you leave him on the ship when Vowrawn is there? Because... being tied up and smothered and nerf milk just makes him an easy target for death.

You'll have to just wait and see...and it's Hutt milk. Much worse. So will the situation be. :D

sw corellia spoilers

If he throws himself at Lord Draahg naked and covered in nerf milk I'm drawing that...

Oh, trust me...I've got something even better/worse than that planned. :D You may still want to draw it, though.

Oh Force, what now?

C'mon, Quinnie...roll with the spirit. You're entertaining people.

I'm tied up in the cargo bay, spread-eagle, totally naked, and doused in Hutt milk. What else could go wrong?

*cleaning weapons* You really don't want to ask that question, mate.

Blooorrp.

And what did that mean?

He likes Hutt milk.

Please kill me.

Are you trying to kill us with laughter? Because if so, I think your plan is working :D

If so, at least I'll get to kill somebody. Kinda.

Hey, you had a good bloodbath a while back.

But that was FOUR WHOLE PAGES ago! I'm Sith, dammit, FEED ME!

Just keep your panties on, Miss I-Wanna-Kill-Stuff. I've got other stuff to write.

Like what?

Well, I still have to resolve what happened to Quinn on Nar Shaddaa on his "leave".

Oh yeah.

And how this last part ends up, now that you're pissed off at him.

STOP! I don't wanna talk about it.

Too bad. I'm in charge here.

I AM SITH! I always get my way!

And who made you Sith?

*hangs head* You did.

My sides, they hurt. This is what uncontrollable giggling for an extended period of time will do to you.

Giggling is good. But don't talk too much about the hurt...Quinn might hear and...

What was that? Someone is hurt?

Nope. Nothing. Away with you. No trying to drug hoyden again.

Timeline: after Hoth, right after Quinn is force to go on "leave"

No spoilers I can think of

Quinn strode along stiffly and stopped trying to relax. Not knowing how to do that, he had simply began to people-watch. It was a mildly amusing pastime on Nar Shaddaa, more so than most other worlds, simply because there were so many different species and sizes and colors and temperaments of people here. The variety could be dizzying. Unlike many Imperials, and especially unlike most of the military, Quinn wasn't particularly racist; he had no problem with Twi'leks or Ugnaughts or Hutts or Wookiees...he looked down upon people of every species, including humans.

He found himself in the Nikto sector without thinking...how had he managed to get here without using a taxi? Quinn was an excellent tracker and navigator, and had an instinctive sense of direction. However, he'd been wandering more or less aimlessly for hours, and Nar Shaddaa could disorient the best of trackers at times. So he couldn't have duplicated his route if forced to at gunpoint.

Speaking of gunpoint, he saw a sign proclaiming "the largest one-stop shop for firearms in the galaxy" over one rather garishly decorated building. His curiosity piqued, the out-of-uniform Captain decided to put that claim to the test. I've been in Imperial and Republic arms factories, as well as being far too familiar with Balmorran Arms, he thought to himself. I doubt they have anything here that... His thought seemed to trail off as soon as he got a look at the inside of the building.

It was the size of a capital ship hangar, with four levels containing floor-to-ceiling shelves of nothing but personal weaponry. There was even an explosives section toward the right side. Pierce would have a field day in here, he mused. It would be wise to keep him away at all costs.

Most of the warehouse-like space was inaccessible to customers, hidden behind a giant chain-link fence made of something sturdy. There was a small (in relative terms; still four time the floorspace of the ship) sales lobby with demo models of some weapons in the open, and Quinn found several models that caught his eye. Every other weapon in the place seemed to be modified, re-colored, or simply have the serial number plate conveniently covered, filed off, or altered. Of course, he thought. This is Nar Shaddaa. If ten percent of the weapons here are legitimate, I'd be very--"

"SURPRISE!" The voice, somewhat familiar, came from behind and caused him to nearly jump out of his boots. He reached for the pistol that he didn't possess and whirled to see...

"Kaliyo? Kaliyo Djannis?" He scowled and said stiffly, "I thought the Empire put you out of business years ago."

"Yeah, well...you tried, beanpole. Got me tossed off Dromund Kaas, at least. But your friends couldn't keep up with me half as good as you can." Her voice held a sultry edge, which he knew from experience promised trouble. "I miss our little adventures." She appraised him in that way only she could, and he could almost physically feel her regard sliding up and down his body. "You seem different. Did you go and get yourself hitched?"

"Not quite. I am...romantically involved. With a Sith Lord."

She was ready to snark away until he'd added that last bit. "With a...you and..." She burst out laughing, grabbing one of the smaller shelves for support and nearly toppling it over.

Quinn's eyes widened in alarm and he looked around to see if anyone were approaching to throw them out. "Kaliyo...perhaps this isn't the best place."

"Oh, don't worry about that, Quinn. This is my shop."

His head nearly fell off. "Yours? All this?"

"You didn't think you'd put me completely out of business, now, did you? O, ye of little faith. Lemme show you around."

"KALIYO DJANNIS!" came a thunderous voice from the front door. "I want to have a word with you," it continued in Huttese. Quinn turned to look after catching the panic on Kaliyo's face. There was a mountain standing in the doorway. At least, that was Quinn's first impression. The mountain was vaguely Nikto-shaped and was accompanied by a small army. "Outside. Now," quoth the huge Nikto. Everyone in the shop was frozen in their tracks, unable to leave because of the giant and his men, but not particularly wanting to be anywhere near for the "discussion" either.

Kaliyo's adrenaline clearly kicked in and had her looking for exits, even though she knew every inch of this place. "Huchaspu wakamancha dopa-meeky... Schutta!" she swore under her breath. "Come on." She grabbed Quinn and dragged him toward the warehouse area before he could object. Given the choice between a mountain-sized Nikto with troops and Kaliyo, he would think Kaliyo the less dangerous of the two...barely.

She led them through one of the heavily armored portals between the lobby the the warehouse, and made sure to secure it behind them. Then it was a mad dash between product shelves, pallets of unloaded goods, and warehouse workers, and out a back door into a dark, filthy alley.

The sounds of blaster fire and explosives told Quinn that this Nikto wasn't far behind. "Who is that?" he asked Kaliyo as they started running again.

"The Mountain."

"Called it in one."

"What?"

"Never mind. Where are we going?"

"Safe house. I just have to figure out the best way to get there without getting us both killed."

"I see. And the difficulty is?"

"The Mountain was my business partner. I'm sure he just found out that he's not anymore."

A concussion grenade went off too close, and Quinn's world went away...

Edited by Adwynyth

Timeline: after Hoth, right after my last post

No spoilers I can think of

Quinn woke up in a world of pain. At least he was lying on a soft surface. A bed, or similar.

He moved to cradle his throbbing head and found that his arms would not cooperate. They were too busy being tied above him on opposite sides. He tried to get some traction to scoot around and get a good look at the bonds, but found that his legs were also tied, far apart.

He felt a breeze.

He opened his eyes, groaning at the pain in his head, and craned his neck to see if his predicament was as bad as he surmised. Yup. Spread-eagle on a bed, naked.

He cursed quietly to himself in Rattatak.

"Wow. Some vocabulary you've got there, Malavai. You might actually teach me a few new swear words." It was Kaliyo, emerging from around the corner of the L-shaped room, drinking something amber out of a not-quite-clean glass. "I thought you didn't use bad language." She straddled a chair backwards next to the bed.

"Ordinarily I don't. But when I do, I use the most vile language I can think of."

"Ouch." She swayed a bit, clearly having had more than one of whatever it was in the glass. "So, explain something to me...just how did The Mountain know where to find the real books for the business?" She took another gulp. "I've been maintaining a perfect set of cooked books for him for five years...five years. Suddenly, you show up, and he finds everything I've been hiding from him for so long. Coincidence?"

Uh oh. The danger signs here were too numerous to count, even in the semi-concussed state Quinn currently inhabited.

Firstly, he knew that Kaliyo got paranoid when she got drunk, and she was clearly drunk.

Secondly, he knew she hated having business partners, superiors, and associates outflank her before she's had a chance to stab them in the back. Obviously, it sounds like that's what happened here.

Thirdly, she hated people who spilled her secrets, or having them spilled at all. She had been known to gut people she called "squealers" like a fish and send their bodies, minus entrails, back to the people who had sent them. Quinn, naturally being quite attached to his intestines and other bits, didn't want to be identified in this group.

"Kaliyo, you must listen to me..." That earned him a blaster butt upside the head. "Or not..." he murmured.

"That's better." She produced the bottle of Mantellian whisky. Another swig. More swaying. "Now, the next thing I wanna hear...is you... *hiccup* ...telling me...what was I asking again?" She scratched the side of her face with her blaster barrel, clearly deep in thought. "Oh, right...how did you know where the real books were? How much did he pay you?"

"Kaliyo, I didn't even know you were here until I saw you in your establishment."

"You mean until I saw you. HA!" She marked an invisible point for herself in the air with a finger, clearly three-and-a-half sheets to the wind. "Where was I going with this?"

"You wanted to know how much he paid me?" He instantly regretted his helpful pedantry.

"Right. How much did he pay you?"

"I'd never met, seen, or spoken to this 'Mountain' or any of his associates until you told me who he was, nor had I ever negotiated any deals for or with him."

She tried to follow the dense legalese. "You Imperials talk funny." Yet another swig. "I know something else we could do instead of talk."

Right. Fourthly, drinking always did other things to Kaliyo besides paranoia...

---

"Yes, my lord. He's in fine shape. Slight concussion is likely -- he says so himself -- but no serious injury. He simply asked that you not be allowed in." The guard looked nervous. Obviously, he'd never dealt with an angry or worried Sith Lord before.

"Out of my way." Adwynyth pushed her way into the small, sleazy hotel room, her entire crew in tow, and stopped cold at the sight in the middle of the room.

Quinn was still tied up, the medics having thought it wise not to move him yet. Kaliyo was still passed out, sprawled across the Imperial officer, just as naked as he was, and there were two Twi'lek dancing girls, three Duros, and a Gand of indeterminate gender. All were passed out around the room in various states of undress. Four Nar Shaddaa constables stood around, amused, presumably about to take everybody into custody. Quinn, however, was the only one fully awake. And he was saluting. Well, part of him, anyway. "My lord."

"Captain." Adwynyth was nearly mute with shock, surprise, and about a dozen other emotions that hadn't identified themselves yet. They danced across her brain with spiky shoes.

Vette was the first to break the awkward silence. She gaped openly at his...er...dignity. "WOW! No wonder you keep thumping the walls--"

"Vette." Adwynyth was still shocked, but exasperated.

"What? It's not like it's shameful to have a boyfriend with such a large--"

"VETTE!"

"Okay okay...I'll be outside. Or something. Meanie." She stuck her tongue out at the Sith on her way out.

"Captain." Pierce spoke up.

"Lieutenant."

"I take back my supposition of the other day regarding how much b--"

"PIERCE!"

"Waiting outside. Milord." As he passed the threshold into the hallway, an unidentifiable sound made itself known: the sound of Pierce laughing his head off. Vette could be heard joining him.

"Master--"

"Out."

"Right...missing the fun again." Jaesa flounced out the door to join the others.

"Blooorrp." Vette cracked up again in the hallway, followed in a few seconds by Pierce and Jaesa.

"Broonmark?"

He showed her the translation on his datapad. She read as far as "Sith clan should let me braid his pub--"

"Out, Broonmark."

"Blllorrrp." He stalked out and said something else that took Vette's breath away with laughter again.

"Malavai, my love."

"My l--Adwynyth."

"I assume there's a very good reason why you have a roomful of various whores, as well as a naked passed-out Rattataki criminal sprawled across you."

"Of course, my lord."

"And that you'll explain it to me at some point."

"Of course, my lord."

"Good. Proceed, gentlemen." She signaled to the med techs and law enforcement officers. They had assured her that as the...er...immobile party, Quinn was not wanted for anything and would be free to go after a quick medical checkup.

Quinn knew it would be a lonely few nights on the couch in the lounge. And it wasn't his fault!

Edited by Adwynyth

Quinn was still tied up, the medics having thought it wise not to move him yet. Kaliyo was still passed out, sprawled across the Imperial officer, just as naked as he was, and there were two Twi'lek dancing girls, three Duros, and a Gand of indeterminate gender. All were passed out around the room in various states of undress.

<covers mouth in an attempt not to giggle REALLY REALLY loudly>

<fails>

<covers mouth in an attempt not to giggle REALLY REALLY loudly>

<fails>

I can take care of that for you.

You leave hoyden alone, Captain Roofie-pants!

Blloorpp.

Only if he doesn't leave now.

*flees*

I'm imagining Adwynyth turning around only to find Vette snapping a picture of the entire scene. :D

Only a picture? *lowers holovideo camera* :D

Timeline: Corellia, right after the previous Corellia post

Sith Warrior Ch3 Spoilers

"Twovee, I'm giving you a direct order to come here."

The droid vibrated with the contradiction. "But Captain, I cannot....my orders..."

"I'm giving you new orders." Quinn sighed. There had been progress, thanks to some devious wording and forceful suggestion that a Kaas City prosecutor would have been proud of. An hour ago, the droid wouldn't even respond to him. "Come in here and await further instructions."

"I...can--...cannot." The droid was close to the edge of a failure. Quinn decided he'd better dial back the pressure a bit, or he'd be no closer to getting free, and the droid would be a smoking heap on the floor. "I rescind my previous order. Standing there and talking to me is perfectly acceptable."

"Oh, thank you, master." The droid's voice cleared up immediately, and Quinn stopped to think as the droid was babbling one of his standard lines about a foot massage or something. "Why can you not enter the cargo bay, Twovee?"

"Lord Adwynyth's orders, Captain." Apparently he'd received no orders to keep any information about his orders from Quinn.

The woman could be quite stubborn, vicious, and very thorough when provoked into rage, but Quinn had been taught coercion and sneaky deeds by the best...himself. His shame at having betrayed his wife was momentarily outweighed by pride at his own brilliance. "What were those orders?"

"Lord Adwynyth ordered me not to enter the cargo bay, not to come within thirty meters of you, and not to do anything that would directly or indirectly lead to freedom from your bonds. She also ordered me to observe and laugh in shame, but since I cannot do that without breaking the thirty meter limit, nor do I have a concept of humor, I believe that was meant to be sarcasm, Captain."

"Very observant, Twovee." Damn her. Not that he could blame her...he had just tried to kill her. Granted, he probably could have planned it better, but his conflicted ethics over the entire situation had turned to outright regret and shame that he'd ever sided with Baras over her; she was clearly stronger and...he loved her. Never before had he regretted abusing someone's trust, but he would give nearly anything to take back what he had done.

"Tell me, did she give you any other orders regarding me?" Quinn had been semi-conscious at the time Pierce and Broonmark had tied him up in here, and something was nagging at the back of his brain in Adwynyth's voice. There was something else that seemed useful...if only I could rem--

"Yes, master. I also filed it away under 'sarcasm and humor', but when I asked about your ultimate disposition, she told me I could shoot you out the airlock for all she cared."

Quinn smiled wolfishly. There was the loophole he could take advantage of. "Twovee, I want you to listen to me very carefully..." The former Third-Year Academy Debate Champion would need all of his skill to pull this off, and closed his eyes in concentration as he spoke.

Five minutes later, Quinn was still tied up and naked -- 2VR8 had insisted that not allowing for the Captain's freedom was still an imperative -- but he was now tied to the crumpled remains of the ship's escape pod that had just been shot across the hangar and smashed against the opposite wall. The frame was mangled enough that he'd likely be able to slip his bonds within the next few minutes. Luckily, the pod's job was to protect the lives within...and having not been designed to impact a hangar wall at Mach 2, it had pretty much given its life in pursuit of that goal. Quinn felt a bit stiff, but he hadn't even lost consciousness and didn't think he had a concussion.

"I must remember to give a test report and a rating of 'adequate' to the designers of this pod," said the pedantic, bureaucratic functionary within him automatically.

As he was finishing extricating himself from the wreckage of the pod, he heard a slow clapping and soft laughter from a deep male voice. He turned to see one of Baras' senior apprentices standing there with a full squad of Imperial soldiers. Their uniforms bore Baras' personal insignia, so he knew that these men were loyal to Baras specifically, as he had been. Still completely unclothed and somewhat bruised, he slipped into parade rest and summoned what dignity he had remaining. "Lord Grimaak."

"Good to see you again, Quinn. You know, when I said I'd like to see more of you, this wasn't what I had in mind."

"Funny, my lord. May I ask your intentions?" The Sith hadn't ordered anyone to shoot him, and seemed to be quite content talking. It might be possible to convince the Sith that Quinn was still on Baras' side and beg for a chance to redeem his failure, all while planning a way to warn Adwynyth. The double-agent paradigm appealed to the Imperial.

"Certainly, Quinn. I'll even allow you to help and redeem your failure...unlike Baras, I can be generous."

Quinn visibly relaxed and raised an intrigued eyebrow, playing the part to the hilt. "Very kind, my lord. Please continue."

"It's very simple. I intend to setup an ambush and kill that harlot you married. Not until I've had my way with her and cut her throat while she screams my name, of course."

Quinn twitched and turned purple. He suddenly remembered that Pierce always kept a spare vibroknife in the escape pod. Just in case.

Grimaak felt the rage, and actually flinched.

Quinn smiled, and it was terrible to behold.

Edited by Adwynyth