Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Appearnace Tab Is Needed....Badly

Thamelas

After playing for a long time, in beta and now in live, I have concluded that an appearance tab is needed. I was a big supporter of the Unify Color To Chest Piece option, but not anymore. I rolled a Sith Sorcerer, and took synthweaving. Looking ahead at the high level crafted gear...its all ugly as hell. Especially the kendo style mask. I am now firmly in the appearance tab camp. Unify Colors to Chest Piece can't fix ugly designs.

Stop forcing on us what you think we want. We want an appearance tab! Is it that hard to understand that we might not like your gear designs?

Edited by Thamelas

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop forcing on us what you think we want. We want an appearance tab! Is it that hard to understand that we might not like your gear designs?

I think they will add it soon-ish, probably when they add Microtransactions to the game. This is typically a feature where they could ask extra $$$ for.

After playing for a long time, in beta and now in live, I have concluded that an appearance tab is needed. I was a big supporter of the Unify Color To Chest Piece option, but not anymore. I rolled a Sith Sorcerer, and took synthweaving. Looking ahead at the high level crafted gear...its all ugly as hell. Especially the kendo style mask. I am now firmly in the appearance tab camp. Unify Colors to Chest Piece can't fix ugly designs.

You do realize it's cosmetic, right? :) Sorry, I'm a big RP nerd and to me, if I find some ugly mask that is insanely great armor, I'm going to wear that ugly think like a champ because it's a good mask and helps me not die.

I'm not going to a fashion show...I'm trying to destroy the Jedi. :)

I think they will add it soon-ish, probably when they add Microtransactions to the game. This is typically a feature where they could ask extra $$$ for.

SOE did it for FREE about 2 years ago for SWG.

Not sure why anyone would need to charge money for a feature like this...

You do realize it's cosmetic, right? :) Sorry, I'm a big RP nerd and to me, if I find some ugly mask that is insanely great armor, I'm going to wear that ugly think like a champ because it's a good mask and helps me not die.

I'm not going to a fashion show...I'm trying to destroy the Jedi. :)

Of course its cosmetic. That's the point of it...

You have real gear you wear that is ugly and hidden, and then you have the gear you like that you and everyone else see's.

I agree. As a Jedi, I simply want to wear the traditional robe etc, but from what I've seen of the end game gear I will end up looking like a robot Samurai...it is kind of ridiculous. Being able to choose the appearance of your character is a big deal in MMOs these days, it really is one of those things that let's people be creative and endears them to a game.

first they need to make it so the dressing room doesn't show blurry low res textures :(

And weapons! It defeats the purpose of a dressing room if the gear you put on doesn't look the same as it did in the dressing room.... Blah.

I really hope this feature makes it in sometime soon, who doesn't want the option to look different from everyone else while maintaining decent stats?

I had hopes for the modification system, but I have found it to be really sub par and hugely lacking of what it could be. I think having items simply for appearance is a better, tried, and tested option.

Yeah, my character is a well-paid government employee. I can't imagine why she would run around looking like a hobo. Obviously I'll wear the gear that has the stats I want, but I'd like it if she didn't have to look like a vagrant who just found some odd, mismatched articles of clothing in a gutter somewhere or something.

Considering an appearance tab would immediately, completely end irrevocably render the mod system obsolete...

Not going to happen. Ever.

How in the hell would it render the mod system obsolete? The mod system has exactly jack squat to do with a gear's appearance.

Edited by Thamelas

How in the hell would it render the mod system obsolete? The mod system has exactly jack squat to do with a gear's appearance.

The mod system allows you to customize stats of items while retaining a serious amount of control over the appearance of said item.

Insert a system where appearance and stats are completely non related, and you've just removed the entire reason for having a mod system.

The mod system actually has everything to do with appearance.

The orange quality gear (mod gear) is completely moddable. You simply find the piece of appearance gear you want, and you equip that gear with the stats you want it to have.

The only purpose for orange gear is to serve as a container for stat mods that you select. It's pretty much an appearance only piece of armor that you customize with the stats you want.

That sounds like exactly what an appearance tab does in any other game to me.

as an alternative that wouldn't render the mod system moot they could just make all armors "orange" gear.

All armor appearances already have an orange version. You just need to find them.

Edited by Narien

I think I just take offense to the entitlement mentality. You don't HAVE to do anything. You dont HAVE to like it. What if you don't like their level design or quest design or set design? You want to be able to alter all of those too?

At some point you have to recognize that game designers design games and game players play games.

as an alternative that wouldn't render the mod system moot they could just make all armors "orange" gear.

Something closer to this makes way more sense to me than adding vanity tabs on top of everything else. I'd still prioritze the return of colormatching and dye kits before that.

Sucks when you finally find a piece of gear you really like visually but can't find an orange equivalent to keep modding. Such a downer.

Um then dont use that gear..

gather MODDIBLE gear while you level and out together the LOOK you want..

I already have at least 5 different fully moddible chests that all look different..

you can get moddible pieces of EVERY main slot of gear..

so find one you like and MOD IT.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.