Will There Be a Option To Change Your Class?

Nikica

Im Just Wondering Is There Going to Be away You Can change from Jedi Consular to trooper ect anything like that coming

Personally I don't think this will ever happen in this way due to the fact the game is based around the storyline. However the player store is more than likely going to have some ways to XP fast + there's the legacy perks currently, you can achieve a fresh 50 in a couple of weeks (quicker if you do that exclusively)

Personally I don't think this will ever happen in this way due to the fact the game is based around the storyline. However the player store is more than likely going to have some ways to XP fast + there's the legacy perks currently, you can achieve a fresh 50 in a couple of weeks (quicker if you do that exclusively)

hmm i hope they can some how wack it in there though it be cool to switch class at 50

Never played MO, but weren't classes in SWG determined by skills you chose?

I cant Remmber Now lol But I know You could And It Would Be nice In SWTOR to be able to Have at least 1 or 2 chances to change Class

Never played MO, but weren't classes in SWG determined by skills you chose?

You were just the same as you are in SWTOR when they reset your skill trees after an update, your still level 50 (or 90 in swg) you just set up your new skill points as you wish. Re-gearing? that was your problem :)

Terrible terrible idea

not at all, some people dont have the time or patience to re roll toons all the time, I personally would pay to change from Consular to Knight, or even smuggler. But I doubt they'd allow it, as they put all their eggs in the Single player story basket. they have constrained themselves to a degree.

It is a bad idea to do that.

Only thing I would with cringe on my Face be able to live with is change to the advanced class.

Does not break the story and still allows for flexibility.

Why Is It a Bad Idea ????

not at all, some people dont have the time or patience to re roll toons all the time, I personally would pay to change from Consular to Knight, or even smuggler. But I doubt they'd allow it, as they put all their eggs in the Single player story basket. they have constrained themselves to a degree.

It's awful because it negates every choice you make, you play the storyline of you character and build it up from there, if you change from one class to another you remove all that

People need to learn there's consequences from their actions, they can't change things on a whim

But Wouldnt It Be The Players CHoice They Should be able to Choose to change If they Want to

Not trying to be insulting but this pampering to evey whim of the player base is what got this game to the brink of ******* in a first place.

I am here for 3 weeks and I see this already. Adding stuff that does not fit the game mechanics just because people are lazy or other MMO has it is a way for a disaster.

I hope I will be able to finish the 4 wonderful storylines before the whiners destroy the game to the point of shut down.

This sort question is getting very tiresome, it's an MMORPG, your character is not just a pawn but a character in a roleplaying based game. They're called experience points because they represent the experience that the character has earned (not the player) ergo, if your character changes class he/she has 0 XP.

Even if you were able to stay at 50 how exaclty would you manage the character? You have done zero class story on the new class so you have no ship, no companions, your equipment won't be usable, you can't just run dailies to gett new equipment as you will be naked and without a ship will only have access to fleet, starting planet and capital planet..

You may just as well start again anyway, basically all you are asking for is a level 50 premade toon if you that you don't have to level, on the condition that you delete your existing one but get to keep all of his gear, cash and comms.

Seriously saying "I don't have time to level another toon" is basically saying "I don't have time to play the game", the game doesn't start at level 50 it starts at level 1 and to be honest from what I've seen the game is better from one to 50 than it is at level 50.

No offense.. But if your excuse is that you don't have the time or patience.. Then you shouldn't be playing an MMO..

There will never be AC respecs.. This would completely ruin the game.. The game itself tells you repeatedly that when you choose your AC it is a permenant choice..

WOW doesn't allow this either.. In fact what MMO allows class respecs??? None.. So it isn't an issue of putting all their eggs in a basket.. It is an issue of you asking for something that is unreasonable and shouldn't be allowed.. I bet a lot of people would pay for an god buff.. That doesn't mean they should make one and sell it... You made a choice and rolled a class.. If you want to play another then roll another class.. That is how it is.. They shouldn't change the game because someone claims they don't have time for an MMO.. ;)

But Wouldnt It Be The Players CHoice They Should be able to Choose to change If they Want to

They do have a choice.. It is called rolling another character and leveling it like they should.. No free 50's.. If people are to lazy or claim they don't have enough time then they shouldn't be playing an MMO.. MMO's were never meant to be quick and easy..

It would be a horrible loss of content to allow people to just change their class without going through the story of that class..

People have a choice.. They just have to do it as intended.. Roll another character..

I think this is a great idea. It'll mean the end to worrying about what gets nerfed next, nerf my consular, i'll just become a smuggler, nerf that and i'll switch again. Also think about never having to worry about who's the FotM this go around, we can all be it, antime we want..

Im Just Wondering Is There Going to Be away You Can change from Jedi Consular to trooper ect anything like that coming

No.

This game doesn't work that way and never will. This isn't SWG. The point of TOR is story, it makes no sense for someone, over teh months / years that TOR takes place to suddenly change into someone else.

The classes are, actually just a cheap way to describe 1 persion - you. The Trooper, the Bounty Hunter, the Imperial Agent, etc.

I hope this does not happen. Everyone would just switch to what they feel as the "strong" or "FOTM" classes. Even if they allowed you to switch your AC to what class you are most sorc/sages would go shadow/assassin and every BH/commando would go PT/VG.

I hope this does not happen. Everyone would just switch to what they feel as the "strong" or "FOTM" classes. Even if they allowed you to switch your AC to what class you are most sorc/sages would go shadow/assassin and every BH/commando would go PT/VG.

Not to worry. A full change of a class is SWTOR will never happen. There is to much story created for people to level a smuggler and then change it to a Consular (or insert whatever class you want.)

I'll bet we see adv. class changes but we will never see a full class change over simple cause someone yells, "but I don't have the time to level again!"

Not to worry. A full change of a class is SWTOR will never happen. There is to much story created for people to level a smuggler and then change it to a Consular (or insert whatever class you want.)

I'll bet we see adv. class changes but we will never see a full class change over simple cause someone yells, "but I don't have the time to level again!"

We won't see those either.. Bioware purposely designed the game so that no single class could both heal and tank.. Allowing AC swapping would ignore that design.. Again, the game says specifically that the choice we make with our AC is a permanent one.. I fail to understand why so many people have issues with the definition of permanent.. It will not and can not be changed.. That is what permanent means..

There will be no AC swapping.. They view AC as your class..

As a final point.. We wouldn't be having this discussion if your AC was chosen at lvl 1 during character creation.. I fail to understand why a 10 lvl preview of the classes makes the same choice any less permanent..

Edited by MajikMyst