The Code of the Grey Jedi

Lenlo

*sigh* You guys have literally been going in a circle for almost three pages now and you still haven't figured out the appeal of "grey jedi". I'm gonna lay it on you and you can simply dismiss me as a "troll", "Revanite", "moral relativist", or "know it all" as a cheap way to disarm my argument--none of which really have a factual basis and are only perpetuated by a few snide remarks hidden in eassy posts, whatever. I'll agree I was a jerk earlier in the topic and I apologize for that, neverfar. Don't take it personally. However, that doesn't make my reasoning any less valid.

People like grey jedi because they represent real people in the fictional star wars universe, where force users are either perfectly stoic upholders of the jedi code or demonic personalities that wield the force for selfish means (the sith). The average fan would have a hard time relating to either group because they represent unrealistic archetypes of human nature. Nobody is 100% good or 100% evil. That us where my previous arguments of lack of consistency and perfection came into play, I just did't articulate my argument well enough back there. That, and I was frustrated with the apparent Star Wars "know-it-all-ism that had gone on for a few pages before me entering the dialogue, so I decided to fire back with my own brand.

Either way, Jedi and Sith represent a dichotomy of two extremes that no real individual can actually live up to. That is where grey jedi come into play. These people have flaws, these people are not perfect, like a real human being. We can be good some of the time and bad some of the time, but neither all of the time. That is what fans can relate to, and that is why they were introduced into the Star Wars universe. Grey jedi represent human character in an otherwise fictional world of angels and demons, and why people are drawn to them. It has nothing to do with moral relatavists forcing their ideas into the story or Revanites playing some fantsay, as some would claim. It is all about adding a realistic, human, dimension to an otherwise over idealized fictional universe.

If you don't like it when we anthropomorphize characters (such as grey jedi) and dirty up your precious socratean world, that is your prerogative. But it is no better to demonize and alienate a segment of the fanbase that does appreciate a connectability to characters just to preserve your own perception of a saga that belongs to everyone, not just you or George Lucas.

Anyway, that's it, I'm not trying to claim I know what the Star Wars universe is supposed to be about. I'm simply defending a segment of our forum population here that is either too intimidated to respond here because of the constant attacks on these character archetypes or are simply unable to articulate their rationale for liking them as I just did. Again, I apologize for my previous misconduct, I just get passionate when I believe in an idea (as do some of you, apparently) and sometimes respond irrationaly.

Edited by CephalicRex

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* You guys have literally been going in a circle for almost three pages now and you still haven't figured out the appeal of "grey jedi". I'm gonna lay it on you and you can simply dismiss me as a "troll", "Revanite", "moral relativist", or "know it all" as a cheap way to disarm my argument--none of which really have a factual basis and are only perpetuated by a few snide remarks hidden in eassy posts, whatever. I'll agree I was a jerk earlier in the topic and I apologize for that, neverfar. Don't take it personally. However, that doesn't make my reasoning any less valid.

People like grey jedi because they represent real people in the fictional star wars universe, where force users are either perfectly stoic upholders of the jedi code or demonic personalities that wield the force for selfish means (the sith). The average fan would have a hard time relating to either group because they represent unrealistic archetypes of human nature. Nobody is 100% good or 100% evil. That us where my previous arguments of lack of consistency and perfection came into play, I just did't articulate my argument well enough back there. That, and I was frustrated with the apparent Star Wars "know-it-all-ism that had gone on for a few pages before me entering the dialogue, so I decided to fire back with my own brand.

Either way, Jedi and Sith represent a dichotomy of two extremes that no real individual can actually live up to. That is where grey jedi come into play. These people have flaws, these people are not perfect, like a real human being. We can be good some of the time and bad some of the time, but neither all of the time. That is what fans can relate to, and that is why they were introduced into the Star Wars universe. Grey jedi represent human character in an otherwise fictional world of angels and demons, and why people are drawn to them. It has nothing to do with moral relatavists forcing their ideas into the story or Revanites playing some fantsay, as some would claim. It is all about adding a realistic, human, dimension to an otherwise over idealized fictional universe.

If you don't like it when we anthropomorphize characters (such as grey jedi) and dirty up your precious socratean world, that is your prerogative. But it is no better to demonize and alienate a segment of the fanbase that does appreciate a connectability to characters just to preserve your own perception of a saga that belongs to everyone, not just you or George Lucas.

Anyway, that's it, I'm not trying to claim I know what the Star Wars universe is supposed to be about. I'm simply defending a segment of our forum population here that is either too intimidated to respond here because of the constant attacks on these character archetypes or are simply unable to articulate their rationale for liking them as I just did. Again, I apologize for my previous misconduct, I just get passionate when I believe in an idea (as do some of you, apparently) and sometimes respond irrationaly.

Your reasoning is, in a rhetorical sense, only as good as the response you get from your audience. Simply saying "My reasoning is valid" is roughly as effective as a politician saying "I'm an honest man!" Be valid and it will take care of itself. Further, starting with what sounded like a condescending sigh only hurts the rest of what you intend to say, no matter how valid it might potentially be.

You're sounding precisely like the kind of person we've been discussing. Sure, since you pre-mentioned the labels and assumptive stereotypes, you think you can assume you're off the hook from them. Nope.

You mentioned the "human character" in regards to "grey jedi". You need to accept that this is meant to be space fantasy, with larger than life characters. Certainly no one would pull a Darth Vader in real life, not even with a contemporary version of modern body armor, and personally kill his own employees in his evil organization if they failed him. It's over the top, on purpose. Star Wars is meant to have these kind of characters. This really is feeble ground for the "gritty realism" fad that's overtaken so much other fiction, TV, and cinema. Really, there's so much of it out there that it's exhausting, even boring, to imagine yet another regurgitation of "no one's really a good guy or a bad guy I have to stand on my own the world is confusing and everything is grey". To me, Star Wars blended with that (as it has been in some recent EU entries) feels like oil trying to mix with water.

Your tone about my oh-so-horrible Socratean world says a lot more about you and your strawmanning fallacy than it says about me. I know the world's a complex, dirty place. I don't need to muddy my fiction to fit the same just to feel at home, thank you. Some people enjoy fantasy because, you know, it's fantastic.

The saga may "belong to everyone" but you may be surprised how many of those "everyone" that may be lost if Star Wars drags itself in the same tired gritty-realistic mud that has overtaken most of fiction, fantasy, sci-fi and otherwise. It was actually interesting at first (I was a big Firefly fan, for example, and before that, Farscape), but like anything done too much, it gets old. To draw a parallel, I know bacon's all the rage partially due to internet-based memes right now, but if every single restaurant featured bacon specials and cut out other menu items, business would actually suffer because no niche markets would be catered to, and it'd be simply a choice between bacon franchise 1, 2, 3, and 4.

In my opinion, a big galaxy full of huge villains and valiant heroes feels just about refreshing and welcome compared to the grime you can see wall-to-wall in almost every genre these days. Need it be here too, just to please you?

Edited by Neverfar

I'm glad that the whole lawful stupid vs chaotic stupid has finally been thrown out of the airlock. BW did a good job pulling both the sith order and the jedi order into the grey zone. Both are right and wrong at the same time.

Yeah, now we have "neutral selfish-stupid" as an alternative. ;)

First, you have the market cornered on condescending comments. You've been slipping them into your posts way before I entered, and you even continued for pages after I left. Trying, once again to disarm my argument for a behavior you have perfected isn't really the most stunning display of superior reasoning either. If you need any proof, you need not look any further than the three separate users in this topic alone (including me) that confronted you. You really think these moral relatavist scum disagree with you that much to go so far to humble you, and no one else. Maybe if every post of yours wasn't to slam your version of what Star Wars should be, people would receive you without hostility.

You being ignorant to your own Star Wars elitism doesn't really help your case either. You would rather put us all down with a few deliberately insultant blanket terms like "Revanite", which shows how poor your argument is--it needs to be bolstered by putting those that disagree down with demeaning slurs with negative connotations. Your the worst kind of troll when you try to hide your snide and condescending remarks behind so-called "arguments". You can stay on a board tolling forever relative to the more frank kind. And pushing your Star Wars elitism is tolling.

"You need to accept that this is meant to be space fantasy, with larger than life characters."

The only thing me, or anyone needs to accept is that this is fantasy. Period. The end. Fiction doesn't need to play out the way neverfar says it has to, or are you that egomaniacal that you have to impose your subjective opinion on everything?

"Your tone about my oh-so-horrible Socratean world says a lot more about you and your strawmanning fallacy than it says about me. I know the world's a complex, dirty place. I don't need to muddy my fiction to fit the same just to feel at home, thank you. Some people enjoy fantasy because, you know, it's fantastic."

Dude, it isn't the 70's anymore. Star Wars has moved on. The only thing that hasn't are butt-hurt fans that can't accept Star Wars isn't episode 4, 5, and 6.

"The saga may "belong to everyone" but you may be surprised how many of those "everyone" that may be lost if Star Wars drags itself in the same tired gritty-realistic mud that has overtaken most of fiction, fantasy, sci-fi and otherwise."

That isn't yours, or anyone else's call to make.

"In my opinion, a big galaxy full of huge villains and valiant heroes feels just about refreshing and welcome compared to the grime you can see wall-to-wall in almost every genre these days. Need it be here too, just to please you?"

Actually, I would like Star Wars if it was that way or not. You're the only one being prissy about the way star wars is supposed to be, as you put it. You assuming you know my tastes us just another display of that arrogance I mentioned earlier.

Edited by CephalicRex

First, you have the market cornered on condescending comments. You've been slipping them into your posts way before I entered, and you even continued for pages after I left. Trying, once again to disarm my argument for a behavior you have perfected isn't really the most stunning display of superior reasoning either. If you need any proof, you need not look any further than the three separate users in this topic alone (including me) that confronted you. You really think these moral relatavist scum disagree with you that much to go so far to humble you, and no one else. Maybe if every post of yours wasn't to slam your version of what Star Wars should be, people would receive you without hostility.

You being ignorant to your own Star Wars elitism doesn't really help your case either. You would rather put us all down with a few deliberately insultant blanket terms like "Revanite", which shows how poor your argument is--it needs to be bolstered by putting those that disagree down with demeaning slurs with negative connotations. Your the worst kind of troll when you try to hide your snide and condescending remarks behind so-called "arguments". You can stay on a board tolling forever relative to the more frank kind. And pushing your Star Wars elitism is tolling.

"You need to accept that this is meant to be space fantasy, with larger than life characters."

The only thing me, or anyone needs to accept is that this is fantasy. Period. The end. Fiction doesn't need to play out the way neverfar says it has to, or are you that egomaniacal that you have to impose your subjective opinion on everything?

"Your tone about my oh-so-horrible Socratean world says a lot more about you and your strawmanning fallacy than it says about me. I know the world's a complex, dirty place. I don't need to muddy my fiction to fit the same just to feel at home, thank you. Some people enjoy fantasy because, you know, it's fantastic."

Dude, it isn't the 70's anymore. Star Wars has moved on. The only thing that hasn't are butt-hurt fans that can't accept Star Wars isn't episode 4, 5, and 6.

"The saga may "belong to everyone" but you may be surprised how many of those "everyone" that may be lost if Star Wars drags itself in the same tired gritty-realistic mud that has overtaken most of fiction, fantasy, sci-fi and otherwise."

That isn't yours, or anyone else's call to make.

"In my opinion, a big galaxy full of huge villains and valiant heroes feels just about refreshing and welcome compared to the grime you can see wall-to-wall in almost every genre these days. Need it be here too, just to please you?"

Actually, I would like Star Wars if it was that way or not. You're the only one being prissy about the way star wars is supposed to be, as you put it. You assuming you know my tastes us just another display of that arrogance I mentioned earlier.

Careful with the "NO U" statements as openers. They aren't very persuasive. If your arguments are so convincing, attacking me won't help. If your arguments are not convincing, attacking me will still not help.

Star Wars is what it is. It might not be what you like, especially its origins and what the first few movies established for both the EU, the prequels, and everything else to come, but complaining about it and demanding some bleak, gritty whitewash of everything is undesirable to quite a few fans.

You certainly seem to be making lots of calls while commanding that no one can make calls.

Lastly, you seem awfully "prissy" as you put it because fantastical, polarized contrasts offend your delicate sensibilities. There's so much dang fiction out there that would serve you better. Are you here for the laser swords? I actually know some fiction that provides that along with the satisfactory moral relativism you're demanding from something that was successful in theatres in the late 70s PRECISELY because it didn't have it.

(note the other sci-fi movies that came out just before the first Star Wars. They had plenty of the stuff you're demanding from Star Wars. Audiences wanted something refreshing... funny how that cycle's gone fully around, with an absolute glut of gritty grimy angsty me-too "realistic" books, shows, and movies to suit your tastes.)

Edited by Neverfar

Careful with the "NO U" statements as openers. They aren't very persuasive. If your arguments are so convincing, attacking me won't help. If your arguments are not convincing, attacking me will still not help.

Star Wars is what it is. It might not be what you like, especially its origins and what the first few movies established for both the EU, the prequels, and everything else to come, but complaining about it and demanding some bleak, gritty whitewash of everything is undesirable to quite a few fans.

You certainly seem to be making lots of calls while commanding that no one can make calls.

Lastly, you seem awfully "prissy" as you put it because fantastical, polarized contrasts offend your delicate sensibilities. There's so much dang fiction out there that would serve you better. Are you here for the laser swords? I actually know some fiction that provides that along with the satisfactory moral relativism you're demanding from something that was successful in theatres in the late 70s PRECISELY because it didn't have it.

(note the other sci-fi movies that came out just before the first Star Wars. They had plenty of the stuff you're demanding from Star Wars. Audiences wanted something refreshing... funny how that cycle's gone fully around, with an absolute glut of gritty grimy angsty me-too "realistic" books, shows, and movies to suit your tastes.)

"First, you have the market cornered on condescending comments. You've been slipping them into your posts way before I entered,"

Oh noesss another one who thinks the same as i do.. talking down to people in forums wont get you anywhere KID

To my forum-stalking obsessive and unfortunately post-ignored troll:

http://howaboutanicecup.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/look-at-him-and-laugh.jpg

I already told you i loveee spider man!

found another one of you - the weird, rude and self proclaimed forum elitist.

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/would-you-rather-date-a-fish-or-a-nerd-with-zits/question-1719779/?link=ibaf&q=&imgurl=http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001719779/428970192_super_nerd_23_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Edited by Extortioninc

"Careful with the "NO U" statements as openers. They aren't very persuasive. If your arguments are so convincing, attacking me won't help. If your arguments are not convincing, attacking me will still not help."

Funny you should mention "no u" statements as you're pretty keen on those to as they summarize are previous encounter in this thread.

Me: you're a know-it-all

Neverfar: no you're a know-it-all

Me: you're condescending.

Neverfar: no you're condescending.

Me: you're immature.

Neverfar: no you're immature.

In fact, the only attacking statements that you made that weren't rehashed from my posts are "moral relatavist', and "Revanite".

"but complaining about it and demanding some bleak, gritty whitewash of everything is undesirable to quite a few fans."

No one is demanding anything except you and your posse trying to destroy a legitimate star wars concept (grey jedi) which is what this topic has always been from the first few pages. I'm only defending the position, as I've stated numerous times, of a group of fans you and a few others are so hellbent on destroying.

"Lastly, you seem awfully "prissy" as you put it because fantastical, polarized contrasts offend your delicate sensibilities."

I just said I dont care if Star Wars was that way or not. I'd still be a fan. What, you can't read either?

"Careful with the "NO U" statements as openers. They aren't very persuasive. If your arguments are so convincing, attacking me won't help. If your arguments are not convincing, attacking me will still not help."

Funny you should mention "no u" statements as you're pretty keen on those to as they summarize are previous encounter in this thread.

Me: you're a know-it-all

Neverfar: no you're a know-it-all

Me: you're condescending.

Neverfar: no you're condescending.

Me: you're immature.

Neverfar: no you're immature.

In fact, the only attacking statements that you made that weren't rehashed from my posts are "moral relatavist', and "Revanite".

"but complaining about it and demanding some bleak, gritty whitewash of everything is undesirable to quite a few fans."

No one is demanding anything except you and your posse trying to destroy a legitimate star wars concept (grey jedi) which is what this topic has always been from the first few pages. I'm only defending the position, as I've stated numerous times, of a group of fans you and a few others are so hellbent on destroying.

"Lastly, you seem awfully "prissy" as you put it because fantastical, polarized contrasts offend your delicate sensibilities."

I just said I dont care if Star Wars was that way or not. I'd still be a fan. What, you can't read either?

If you don't care how it turns out so badly, why the vigorous advocacy and demand for genre-changing in Star Wars and all that it would entail, and why the yet-again-uncalled-for pointless attack at the end of your post?

Metaphorically, you're complaining that I'm bouncing a ball back to you that you keep throwing at me, over and over. If you want me to stop bouncing it back, stop throwing it at me. Or at least, stop injecting pointless insults in your posts. They may make you more persuasive. Probably not to me, but to someone else.

Edited by Neverfar

Why are you allowed to be the only one to insult people on a forum? The difference between the way I do it and the way you do so is you like to pretend you never did. Like I said, it is the reason so many people are gunning for you only. You're the only one that champions his Star Wars elitism with condescending statements designed to elevate yourself above us mere mortals here.

You're a common troll that does his trolling in paragraphs so you can make it look more like a pseudo-argument. Actually, that kind of troll is more despicable. It is so sneaky and passive-aggressive, like a self-loathing teen doing weird voodoo on his enemies in his dark room. You even brought up that other topic of yours just to spite me. Case in point. You're not even man enough to apologize for your ignorant insults towards me and a large segment of the star wars fanbase.

Anyway, I don't care what direction Star Wars takes. What I care about is when someone like you tries to impose his "opinion" of what star wars should be a subjegate us with it like you're some menacing sith lord. Then just flat-out lie and fabricate fantasies about a segment of the userbase, (moral relatavists, revanites, atheists, fans of fictional character factions) all of which you've gone to great lengths to proclaim your "disgust" for (your words, not mine).

No one else has gone to such crude lengths to get their point across. Not invictos, not aurbere, (I apologize if I got your username wrong guys) just you. That is why you're an elitist troll, and it saddened me that you're an educator to. I would hope you don't taint the minds of the youth with your underhanded ways.

Edited by CephalicRex

Why are you allowed to be the only one to insult people on a forum? The difference between the way I do it and the way you do so is you like to pretend you never did. Like I said, it is the reason so many people are gunning for you only. You're the only one that champions his Star Wars elitism with condescending statements designed to elevate yourself above us mere mortals here.

You're a common troll that does his trolling in paragraphs so you can make it look more like a pseudo-argument. Actually, that kind of troll is more despicable. It is so sneaky and passive-aggressive, like a self-loathing teen doing weird voodoo on his enemies in his dark room. You even brought up that other topic of yours just to spite me. Case in point. You're not even man enough to apologize for your ignorant insults towards me and a large segment of the star wars fanbase.

Anyway, I don't care what direction Star Wars takes. What I care about is when someone like you tries to impose his "opinion" of what star wars should be a subjegate us with it like you're some menacing sith lord. Then just flat-out lie and fabricate fantasies about a segment of the userbase, (moral relatavists, revanites, atheists, fans of fictional character factions) all of which you've gone to great lengths to proclaim your "disgust" for (your words, not mine).

No one else has gone to such crude lengths to get their point across. Not invictos, not ausbere, (I apologize if I got your username wrong guys) just you. That is why you're an elitist troll, and it saddened me that you're an educator to. I would hope you don't taint the minds of the youth with your underhanded ways.

Bouncing the ball back. Because you threw it at me again. :o

Calling me a Sith Lord? That's a new one.

Calling people "trolls" because they strongly disagree with you is weak and pointless. There is nothing to gain from it but a loss of your credibility. "You are a troll because you have opinion X" doesn't go far in a discussion, or even an argument. At the least, wait until I spam personal attacks at you in every forum post you make and try to elicit an emotional response with nothing useful contributing to the thread before calling me that.

Did you have anything worth the topic to offer, or is this a lot of attacks on me that I'm apparently a bad person for calling you out on?

One more thing: I'm being crude? I'm being polite to the fullest extent compared to what you're giving me.

There are only two people on this forum I have anything approaching difficulty with. One is already on my ignore list and apparently doesn't mind spending most of his waking time spamming every thread on every forum section that I post in, even if I'm not seeing any of it. The other is you. No, I'm not ignoring you yet, but if all you have to offer is personal attacks and nothing approaching discussion, you might wind up next. :(

Edited by Neverfar

I already made my points on the topic at hand of why people like grey jedi and why it is a legitimate opinion. You've never debased any of them directly. Your argument is, "Star Wars is this subjective thing I'm telling you it is, not this. If you don't like it, move along." Yeah, you really showed me!

I already made my points on the topic at hand of why people like grey jedi and why it is a legitimate opinion. You've never debased any of them directly. Your argument is, "Star Wars is this subjective thing I'm telling you it is, not this. If you don't like it, move along." Yeah, you really showed me!

You've certainly showed me that you have nothing to offer but angry personal attacks because I don't agree that Star Wars should fit your real-life world view. Indeed, your entire argument comes out as "real life doesn't work that way, clear lines of good and evil offend me in fiction. People who think that way are close-minded evil bad Sith Lords!"

I am sorry, I truly am, but you are now on my ignore list. If you have useful things to offer, please do so, but I won't see them.

Edited by Neverfar

Bouncing the ball back. Because you threw it at me again. :o

Calling me a Sith Lord? That's a new one.

Calling people "trolls" because they strongly disagree with you is weak and pointless. There is nothing to gain from it but a loss of your credibility. "You are a troll because you have opinion X" doesn't go far in a discussion, or even an argument. At the least, wait until I spam personal attacks at you in every forum post you make and try to elicit an emotional response with nothing useful contributing to the thread before calling me that.

Did you have anything worth the topic to offer, or is this a lot of attacks on me that I'm apparently a bad person for calling you out on?

One more thing: I'm being crude? I'm being polite to the fullest extent compared to what you're giving me.

There are only two people on this forum I have anything approaching difficulty with. One is already on my ignore list and apparently doesn't mind spending most of his waking time spamming every thread on every forum section that I post in, even if I'm not seeing any of it. The other is you. No, I'm not ignoring you yet, but if all you have to offer is personal attacks and nothing approaching discussion, you might wind up next. :(

This guy is a little weiner scnitzel!!! "No, I'm not ignoring you yet, but if all you have to offer is personal attacks and nothing approaching discussion, you might wind up next." he probably has 20 people on his ignore list i was one of them and hes still referring to me in his posts AHAHAHAHAH hes so MAD

You understand my screen isn't displaying a single word you're smearing in this thread, right Extortioninc? :D

Yeah thats all good buddy because everyone else can! LOL And your still replying to everything i post.. HAHAHAHA oh wait.. are u confirming if its me or some other person you've ignored?

If you don't care how it turns out so badly, why the vigorous advocacy and demand for genre-changing in Star Wars and all that it would entail, and why the yet-again-uncalled-for pointless attack at the end of your post?

Metaphorically, you're complaining that I'm bouncing a ball back to you that you keep throwing at me, over and over. If you want me to stop bouncing it back, stop throwing it at me. Or at least, stop injecting pointless insults in your posts. They may make you more persuasive. Probably not to me, but to someone else.

"And why the yet-again-uncalled-for pointless attack at the end of your post?" Helloo again just wanted you to know that the cracks have appeared in your education and its pretty obvious that you were raised in a nazi awareness camp.

"If you want me to stop bouncing it back, stop throwing it at me. Or at least, stop injecting pointless insults in your posts. " wow is that childish or what? Too immature to stop playing a childs game that he initiates in every thread.

I told you that marbles wasnt a sport. Maybe try some table tennis thats a non contact sport.

And im pretty sure you've insulted me on every occasion trying to get this community to hate me.. And the funny thing is you're the only one who has hate to offer once you realise that if you ever do you may lead a more positive life and not depend on a forum community to commend you on being an accepted human being among the rest of us sub-human types according to your idiotic propoganda.

Im gona go turn this into a simpler question. Do you think the "Grey Jedi have a code? If yes, what do you think it would look like?

This is a creative spur thread, not a trolling contest.

If Grey Jedi as in Rogue?

Well, it'd be most likely the same as the Jedi Code with a slight change probably in the no emotion and peace parts.

Im gona go turn this into a simpler question. Do you think the "Grey Jedi have a code? If yes, what do you think it would look like?

This is a creative spur thread, not a trolling contest.

I agree with your sentiments here, even if I came down a little harsh at the start of this thread, being sick and tired of the overly-zealous Revanites and "Grey Jedi" spamming how awesome and immune to the dark side they were in their roleplaying sessions.

No, I don't think "Grey Jedi" have a particular code. The very definition of them seems to be picking and choosing what's comfortable from the buffet that is the Jedi Code and ignoring the parts they don't like. Some may have enough to consider a code, and others, well, seem to want a "don't judge me" aura to hang around them as they do whatever they please, insisting they are not darksiders.