Lego Swtor?

Spum

i saw a commercial for a lego swtor product. (the sith fury) swtor is trying to hold on as much as they can, so they went to lego, sure star wars has a running contract with lego, but this is bioware and EA. i dont know, it just dosnt seem like them to do something like that. More that half of lego products are intended for 12 and under, im not saying lego is not for older people, but do they really want to advertise the game to such a young group? thought comments

i saw a commercial for a lego swtor product. (the sith fury) swtor is trying to hold on as much as they can, so they went to lego, sure star wars has a running contract with lego, but this is bioware and EA. i dont know, it just dosnt seem like them to do something like that. More that half of lego products are intended for 12 and under, im not saying lego is not for older people, but do they really want to advertise the game to such a young group? thought comments

This is a Lucas Arts tie-in license. Nothing special about it really. Lego has been doing StarWars themed products for years. Just about every new Star Wars property gets a Lego tie-in. Books being the only exception that I am aware of.

Edited by Andryah

some of best lego stuff I saw was made by 18+. kids play with it, older people create with it :)

that said, I have 25 and 20+ full theme sets, back from 90's, pirates and castle my favorite. got some SW, esp trooper stuff because it is epic and will buy SWTOR something for sure :D

I bought myself the Fury (99 quid :/) and I am looking forward to more sets! Especially Defender and with, perhaps, Ven Zallow figure.

Rumors so far don't indicate we'll be getting another big ship, at least not until the later half of 2013, potentially.

However, the first wave of sets in 2013 will be a SWTOR battlepack which will have two Republic Troopers and two Sith Troopers. Apparently.

They need to make action figures, they would make a killing selling just the Dark Council members, imagine having figures for all of the main characters! (not talking playable characters) Edited by Tuscad

Darth Malgus

Shae Vizla

Republic Trooper

The vintage-style collection all have the "Kenner" logo as part of their look.

Darth Vader

According to Wikipedia, these 'vintage' figures were released 2009. im not completly sure when kenner closed, but wiki also says that they are making new figures curently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Vintage_Collection

So, you're new to Legos?

star wars makes most of its money from merchandise...think about it, what other movie has had that big of an impact on kids that they could sell the same toys 35 years later....granted it's probably not as big anymore since the films are over but they still have a market for lego products and maybe clone wars as well.

Lucasfilm own all characters and settings in SWTOR. They are free to license out the rights to make toys, clothing, books, whatever based on them to whomever they choose. Bioware and EA have absolutely nothing to do with it.