Star Wars: The Clone Wars Celebration VI trailer

Aitix

You didn't know it was the same people who did Samurai Jack did Clone Wars?

That's no excuse. Genndy Tartakovsky should have made it more like the Star Wars we know and love instead of a DBZ/Samurai Jack hybrid. That over-powered Jedi, the fact that we learned practically nothing about Durge and Ventress, and the fact that Nick Jameson's voice-acting just didn't fit Chancellor Palpatine are some of the main flaws that the micro-series had. Not that the CGI Clone Wars doesn't have it's flaws as well, but the micro-series wasn't much better either.

Edited by Aitix

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the new greivous, despite being significantly weaker and more cowardly (although more canon) and being beaten by gungans, he's got more character. Without character it doesn't matter if they own jedi and never retreat - they're still crap.

By the way, who is your favorite character from the clone wars series (you may have guessed mine is grievous)

Mine is Mace Windu. He is my favorite character in the entire Star wars universe. I kind of wish he was more involved in the clone wars series though.

But anywho, let's get back on-topic.

You can watch the Celebration VI trailer with better quality here.

Does anyone else notice that a place that looks like Level 1313 appears in the trailer?

Edited by Aitix

That's no excuse. Genndy Tartakovsky should have made it more like the Star Wars we know and love instead of a DBZ/Samurai Jack hybrid. That over-powered Jedi, the fact that we learned practically nothing about Durge and Ventress, and the fact that Nick Jameson's voice-acting just didn't fit Chancellor Palpatine are some of the main flaws that the micro-series had. Not that the CGI Clone Wars doesn't have it's flaws as well, but the micro-series wasn't much better either.

The micro series was supposed to be a set of commercials for marketing of ROTS. It wasn't a big budget project like TCW or any show for that matter. They were 15 second commercials. At least I believe so.

But anywho, let's get back on-topic.

You can watch the Celebration VI trailer with better quality here.

Does anyone else notice that a place that looks like Level 1313 appears in the trailer?

It is 1313. They took the exact model and TCW'd it. Look on the 1313 site and watch the TCW trailer again. Same exact location.

Makes sense to promote the next big project for LA in a Star Wars show. In the latest 1313 trailer you see the same pirate transport that Anakin used (the Twilight [well that's what it was called] I think?) in the promotional movie and the first few seasons.

I'm just curious on how TCW will handle an M rated area on a show meant for a yonger crowd haha. TCW will need to have a lot of blurry background images.

My Speculation from this is The Clone Commando is a Deserter or "Retired" Clone similar to Cut Lawquane. This makes sense of his statement in the Commando Trailer where he says " I remember why I used to Hate these guys" when Droidekas showed up.

Also....I think Ventress is still being a "Positive" Anti Hero in this trailer, Because she could have easily have killed those clones...instead she sliced their blasters and disarmed them. She could be attacking Ahsoka because Ahsoka attacked her first or got in her way. Notice when she has Ahsoka pinned with her Lightsabers ready to behead she pauses when instead she could have finished her easily possibly. She might be trying to tell her to back off at blades tip.

Overall....good trailer.

My Speculation from this is The Clone Commando is a Deserter or "Retired" Clone similar to Cut Lawquane. This makes sense of his statement in the Commando Trailer where he says " I remember why I used to Hate these guys" when Droidekas showed up.

Also....I think Ventress is still being a "Positive" Anti Hero in this trailer, Because she could have easily have killed those clones...instead she sliced their blasters and disarmed them. She could be attacking Ahsoka because Ahsoka attacked her first or got in her way. Notice when she has Ahsoka pinned with her Lightsabers ready to behead she pauses when instead she could have finished her easily possibly. She might be trying to tell her to back off at blades tip.

Overall....good trailer.

I'll laugh if Ventress fighting Ahsoka is a red herring and Ahsoka really fell to the darkside. That would be a really clever move.

I'm going to watch with much anticipation when Lucas' cronies rewrite the entire series. You may as well give up the idea that anything you've seen in the films is canon. The creators TCW certainly have. It will all be re-written in my lieftime. Ahsoka's child will one day probably take over Luke's spot. It's laughable how much retconning this show does, even to it's own canon.

I'm going to watch with much anticipation when Lucas' cronies rewrite the entire series. You may as well give up the idea that anything you've seen in the films is canon. The creators TCW certainly have. It will all be re-written in my lieftime. Ahsoka's child will one day probably take over Luke's spot. It's laughable how much retconning this show does, even to it's own canon.

Give 4 times it retconned anything in the Movies.

As far as I'm concerned, TCW has made the prequels much better.

Um...so what exactly as it retconned?

Personally, I would like to see how they deal with Ahsoka. She is either transferred to a new master or dies. She can't become a knight because once a Jedi trains a padawan to knighthood, the master becomes an official Jedi Master(to my knowledge).

If the Cartoon Network animated Clone Wars prior to ROTS are to be accepted, then 5 seasons of TCW will take place in a roughly a six month time frame. Aready that's too little time for what has already happened, but let me see what I can come up with off the top of my head, just regarding the films.

Ahsoka. So, in six months time Anakin has a padawan that basically knows and has fought with every major player in the story and gets ZERO mention in ROTS.

Oh, yeah, that whole Darth Maul is alive thing.

Ligthsabers suddenly working underwarter.

Chewbacca being shoe-horned in. Certainly takes away from him being some "dude" that Obi Wan found in Mos Eiesly Cantina. And don't give me any EU backstory on Chewbacca. In the film there is no indication he was ever a slave, or Han was ever an imperial officer. If you want me to start sighting TCW's EU retcons, that can go on for days.

I'm sure I can come up with more.

EDIT: Let me add. How many times have Kenobi or Anakin, not to mention little Ahsoka fought Grievous and/or Dooku, yet in ROTJ it's like they've never faced Grievous, and Obi Wan mentions "this time we'll take him together" hinting at the scene in AOTC. Not to mention the (oh so cheesy) "my powers have doubled" line. How many times have they doubled their Anakin?

Edited by Cubed_Art

If the Cartoon Network animated Clone Wars prior to ROTS are to be accepted, then 5 seasons of TCW will take place in a roughly a six month time frame. Aready that's too little time for what has already happened, but let me see what I can come up with off the top of my head, just regarding the films.

Ahsoka. So, in six months time Anakin has a padawan that basically knows and has fought with every major player in the story and gets ZERO mention in ROTS.

Chewbacca being shoe-horned in. Certainly takes away from him being some "dude" that Obi Wan found in Mos Eiesly Cantina. And don't give me any EU backstory on Chewbacca. In the film there is no indication he was ever a slave, or Han was ever an imperial officer. If you want me to start sighting TCW's EU retcons, that can go on for days.

EDIT: Let me add. How many times have Kenobi or Anakin, not to mention little Ahsoka fought Grievous and/or Dooku, yet in ROTJ it's like they've never faced Grievous, and Obi Wan mentions "this time we'll take him together" hinting at the scene in AOTC. Not to mention the (oh so cheesy) "my powers have doubled" line. How many times have they doubled their Anakin?

There's a reason why there's no mention of Ahsoka in ROTS and it's because a lot was going on that movie. You had the characters in a big battle then you had them(or at least Anakin) crashing a ship down on Coruscant. Then you have Anakin finding out that Padme is pregnant and on top of it, he just got back from killing Dooku so he was probably thinking about how much of a ****** he was. Then he starts having bad dreams about Padme's death. Then Anakin has to spy on Palpatine even though he doesn't want to. Then you have the Council treating him like crap. Afterwards, Anakin finds out that he can possibly save his wife. After that, he ends up cutting off Windu's arm and going to the darkside. After that, he's fighting Obi-Wan. And let's not forget that everyone else is preoccupied, including Obi-Wan, who's trying to end the war on Utapau and is then betrayed by the Clones.

Point is, with the rapid succession of events, there wasn't time to mention or even think about her with all the crap that was happening. Plus, we don't know whether she disappears a couple months from the Clone Wars or not. That would have given Anakin time to move on from her fate.

As for Maul being alive, while some people were agitated by his resurrection, there were also a lot of people that were content with it. Cause let's face it, he didn't really get enough screen-time and so far the series has handled him well. Also, his "resurrection" isn't that far-fetched given what other Sith have survived through their hatred.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Simus

Simus got his head decapitated and survived.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maw_(Dark_Jedi)

And Maw(not the Zabrak Maul) got himself bisected and still survived.

As for Chewbacca, he was in ROTS so it only makes sense for him to be the series since he was involved in the Clone Wars.

Also, I recall Ahsoka going up against Grievous once and running away shortly afterwards. Anakin never meets Grievous in the series. I mean, there are times where they are close to each other but they never actually meet or see each other.

But anywho, this isn't the thread to talk about this stuff.

Just an idea I had whilst reading the discussion prior, but I think the best way they could handle Ahsoka is to get the deleted footage of Shaak Ti and replace it with her in ROTS. In Clone Wars, Ahsoka could do something horrible to Anakin and he can refuse to train her any further, this would make the council not want to make him master and would explain his expression when he'll see her onboard the ship.

Personally, I would like to see how they deal with Ahsoka. She is either transferred to a new master or dies. She can't become a knight because once a Jedi trains a padawan to knighthood, the master becomes an official Jedi Master(to my knowledge).

Do you remember the episode about the Ones (the family of super force wielders) I may have got the wrong episode but at some point Ahsoka has a vision of her older self - perhaps hinting that she survives Order 66. I doubt she will get killed - most likely she will escape and join the others in hiding, then finally reemerge when Luke kills the Emperor. Seems like the easiest and most canon way to deal with her (either that or she turns out to be Shaak Ti :p)

As for Ventress, I don't know how their gonna work her out - according to the comics she flees into the Unknown Regions - in true star wars style - after being abandoned by Dooku (but she is still in his service up to this point) Quite similar to what has happened already so maybe they'll retcon that or something - after she is abandoned however she seems to turn to the light side (sort of) so maybe that will happen in the next season

To add:

Jango's helm and the Slave 1 were destroyed.

Do you remember the episode about the Ones (the family of super force wielders) I may have got the wrong episode but at some point Ahsoka has a vision of her older self - perhaps hinting that she survives Order 66. I doubt she will get killed - most likely she will escape and join the others in hiding, then finally reemerge when Luke kills the Emperor. Seems like the easiest and most canon way to deal with her (either that or she turns out to be Shaak Ti :p)

As for Ventress, I don't know how their gonna work her out - according to the comics she flees into the Unknown Regions - in true star wars style - after being abandoned by Dooku (but she is still in his service up to this point) Quite similar to what has happened already so maybe they'll retcon that or something - after she is abandoned however she seems to turn to the light side (sort of) so maybe that will happen in the next season

I'm thinking the Council finally realizes that Anakin is ruining a potentially good Jedi and give her to an actual master. That would give her a better chance of survivng Order 66.

As for Ventress, I don't know how they plan on closing her story, but it should be soon. I don't recall Ventress doing a whole lot during the Clone Wars.

Um...so what exactly as it retconned?

Ryloth: from interesting and unique tidal locked world to Generic Planet 2368268919

Even Peill survied order 66, died after order 66 in the CK series: Ooops guess that didn't happen, had to kill him here to piss fans off.

Mandalore: from sparsely inhabited forest planet with warrior groups to urban metropolis with desert wastlands populated by hippies.

Dengar: former imperal agent and bounty hunter that has a grudge aganst Han Solo because Solo almost killed him in a speeder race (and was given cyborg parts and recondition by the empire because of this) to dude that wears underwear on his head for no particular reason.

At thats just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on all day.

Ryloth: from interesting and unique tidal locked world to Generic Planet 2368268919

Even Peill survied order 66, died after order 66 in the CK series: Ooops guess that didn't happen, had to kill him here to piss fans off.

Mandalore: from sparsely inhabited forest planet with warrior groups to urban metropolis with desert wastlands populated by hippies.

Dengar: former imperal agent and bounty hunter that has a grudge aganst Han Solo because Solo almost killed him in a speeder race (and was given cyborg parts and recondition by the empire because of this) to dude that wears underwear on his head for no particular reason.

I would like to add that episode where Fett is getting ready to turn in a child for a bounty or something rather, Fett has always flatout refused to do anything bounty related with children in them, heck he once let a bounty escape after he found out the guy was taking care of children and even gave him money for the children.

I would like to add that episode where Fett is getting ready to turn in a child for a bounty or something rather, Fett has always flatout refused to do anything bounty related with children in them, heck he once let a bounty escape after he found out the guy was taking care of children and even gave him money for the children.

Ya, that ticked me off too, but it’s more of a mischaracterization than a retcon, which is why I didn't rant about that or Quinlan Vos (I’ve already ranted about Grievous).

Yet.

Was mostly asking about if anything important was retconned.

Was mostly asking about if anything important was retconned.

I find all of those things I mentioned to be important, but hey everyone has their own defenitions of what is or isn't important *shrug*.

But the Motris trilogy (written by the big man himself) seems to call into question what balancing the force actually means and seems to shove the old dark side being a cancer to the force canon to the side. This is a retcon that I sort of don't mind that much even if it shows that GL is still as wishy washy as ever when it comes to what he thinks SW should be.