The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Yeah, this game sure is losing people...

Lium

Again we do, you really should start reading more and getting more info from all the fan sites out there that do HAVE interviews with alot of BW devs and read articules that really matter instead of just be posting rubish and uncertatity on the community minds.

Again, jeff hickman stated that its going to be low-mid level gear only it will not affect nothing reguarding end gaming.

And since im tired of your mindless and uninformed replys, will just put on my ignore list.

This guy trusts Eaware interviews and information... hahahah

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to just...oh I dunno...playing a game. Even in my EQ years we didn't fret over sub numbers, statistics, or shareholder percentages like this.

We just played the game, we had fun.

I'm going to enjoy TOR for as long as it's here, and hope that it's a for a long long time.

I derive no joy from the closure of an MMO. (CoX...you will be missed)

:jawa_angel:

Do you not remember when SoE removed the server numbers from the server screen and replaced them with low-mid-high just before the release of DAoC because the were so worried people would see server numbers dropping?

I think the difference in those days was it was the beginning of subscription spin, SoE was still largely Verant and they had largely been gamers not corporate management (although they soon learned the tricks).

I have 19 days left on my subscription left to TOR. I am going to just let it run out. I love SWTOR but I am just burned out. I will be back when the game goes F2P and check in on my characters from time to time. Right now there is nothing I haven't seen or done in SWTOR. If I could sum up SWTOR in one word...insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I just can't take it anymore.

On the fatman, at around 10PM server time last night it got down into the 70's on fleet. warzone pops are starting to take longer and longer, and often times, warzones don't fill up. Its starting to feel oddly similar to april / may.

It is no longer summer. School started. The kids playing the game aren't on after 10 any more because they have school in the morning.

In the adult world, this time of year is often a high volume business time. Of course, this is entirely dependent on the type of business you work for.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We will see a large spike in pop once FTP hits. Hopefully, things will be fixed enough that people playing FTP will be encouraged enough to subscribe or pay for features that will bring WZ and FP/OPs queues to instant. That ball is in Bioware's court.

It is no longer summer. School started. The kids playing the game aren't on after 10 any more because they have school in the morning.

In the adult world, this time of year is often a high volume business time. Of course, this is entirely dependent on the type of business you work for.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We will see a large spike in pop once FTP hits. Hopefully, things will be fixed enough that people playing FTP will be encouraged enough to subscribe or pay for features that will bring WZ and FP/OPs queues to instant. That ball is in Bioware's court.

I kinda agree with the 2nd part but the first is just laughable tbh. School starting and business hours do not affect gw2 it would seem lol.

Lets keep it real shall we.

PvP population is getting hammered atm. Most of them are probably playing WvWvW.

Ball is indeed in BWs court. They need to provide exciting new pvp content. Preferably more than a warzone every couple of months. Else PvPers are gonna continue to bolt it for greener pastures in terms of players and pvp content. Based on current trends of delivery I would be and am worried.

Edited by aeterno

I kinda agree with the 2nd part but the first is just laughable tbh. School starting and business hours do not affect gw2 it would seem lol.

Lets keep it real shall we.

PvP population is getting hammered atm. Most of them are probably playing WvWvW.

Ball is indeed in BWs court. They need to provide exciting new pvp content. Preferably more than a warzone every couple of months. Else PvPers are gonna continue to bolt it for greener pastures in terms of players and pvp content. Based on current trends of delivery I would be and am worried.

Every game I've ever played has been affected by the start of school in some way or another. If I remember correctly, GW2 doesn't have the problem of queues only being from a single server...

It's pretty much the same thing with our guild, the same nr of active on raid-nights. But we have fewer people on just during random nights. It's back to work for everyone now.

Do you not remember when SoE removed the server numbers from the server screen and replaced them with low-mid-high just before the release of DAoC because the were so worried people would see server numbers dropping?

I think the difference in those days was it was the beginning of subscription spin, SoE was still largely Verant and they had largely been gamers not corporate management (although they soon learned the tricks).

Verant was always SOE. They were an internal development group of SOE. When they started designing EQ, SOE spun them off so the name wouldn't be attached to them in case EQ was a failure. When it was clear that it wasn't, they just pulled them back in. They were never anything other than SOE though, even when they were spun off.

I could point to interviews where you could affirm this game wouldnt go F2P. I could point to interviews where you could affirm this game would recieve content updates on a monthly basis. I could point to alot of interviews where you could affirm alot of things .... then they changed their minds.

They were always right in all their interviews and they never changed their minds. All the monthly content updates we got were phenomenal, Ranked Warzones being released with 1.2 was awesome and really saved the game and lets not forget that this game is never going Free-to-Play because that model can't afford the amount and quality of content that subscriptions can.

They were always right in all their interviews and they never changed their minds. All the monthly content updates we got were phenomenal, Ranked Warzones being released with 1.2 was awesome and really saved the game and lets not forget that this game is never going Free-to-Play because that model can't afford the amount and quality of content that subscriptions can.

And what's the point of this sarcastic comment?

Back to something related to the topic. The game has plenty of people disliking GW2 and other MMORPG that are coming out in the nearest future. It's just people like to sound like alarming prophets in hope to get some agreeing responses.

Edited by Ceyvel

Makes me sad. But looking at servers all European servers are now standard.They used to be heavy full after

transfears.How long before they go light ? F2P is only a small med patch until the developers in charge actually

start doing the right things ! And we all know what those things are !

A reason for open world PvP(yes players need a reason!)

Minigames to play and bet on.

Remove the fail fleets everyone hate,worst idee ever in this game.(We hate beeing trapped in those boxes!)

Fix resolve,game is called stunwars for a reason.

Unbalanced classes have driven away alot of players ! (no fun when ones class in a joke in PvP)

No animal mounts and most gear in this game look like crap and have nothing to do with the STAR WARS universe !

Game is on rails with to many mobs on the planets.

Exhaustion Zones is a joke and should be removed from spaceports on Tatooine etc.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Seeing as the peak of subs was 1.7 million, that kinda disproves your post, no?

It doesnt matter what the peak of subs were. 2.4 million people bought the game. ~500k are left. Thats pretty drastic decline. Its also pretty drastic that out of 2.4 only 1.7mil actually subbed.

Edited by Soluss

Verant was always SOE. They were an internal development group of SOE. When they started designing EQ, SOE spun them off so the name wouldn't be attached to them in case EQ was a failure. When it was clear that it wasn't, they just pulled them back in. They were never anything other than SOE though, even when they were spun off.

They were coy about that. Very cunning. :)

Seeing as the peak of subs was 1.7 million, that kinda disproves your post, no?

We are not sure that was even the peak subs. I find it hard to beleave 700k copies was sold which the buyer never did atleast try the game out. And you had to sub to try it out. It may be they subbed and then canceled before the first month was over. 1.7 million was the first reported figures. He was still basically correct in his statement of the 2.4 million copies sold, TOR is down now to "maybe" 500k. But sence they would not release any official figures for the last quarter, even that is a guess. But it is more than likely not too far off. :p

We are not sure that was even the peak subs.

Yes we are. Its been demonstrated.

I find it hard to beleave 700k copies was sold which the buyer never did atleast try the game out. And you had to sub to try it out. It may be they subbed and then canceled before the first month was over. 1.7 million was the first reported figures. He was still basically correct in his statement of the 2.4 million copies sold, TOR is down now to "maybe" 500k. But sence they would not release any official figures for the last quarter, even that is a guess. But it is more than likely not too far off. :p

This part is speculation. Far too much of that on these boards and I believe has done more damage to this game then is necessary. One person cherry picked a random number and now it is being parroted all over this board. We do not know how many are actually playing.....and quite frankly it was a point of irrelevance that should have never been allowed to continue on this board. This board should have never been allowed to exist in the first place. Its been nothing but a bat used by random players to beat the game over the head with.

I've never seen so many deluded into believing that they have a clue, that their opinion is supreme, that they, by virtue of the fact that they play a video game have become experts in finance, marketing, game design, programing, computer engineering and beyond.

This board is 90% white noise.