The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Developers favor Empire...?

Murrayman

Well…for anyone who has doubted that the developers tend to favor the Empire need look no farther than the advertised “rewards” we will be able to buy with our new “Cartel Coins”…hmmm let’s see…oh a Sith Meditation Throne or what’s this…Darth Nihilus’ Mask…yeah…that’s going to look real good on my Jedi Gaurdian…come on guys…WTF…why not go ahead and change the name from “Old Republic” to “Old Empire” and be done with it!

Murrayman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i agree with OP. Pretty sure most of the things in the store for republic will look like crap. Just see what they made for republic up until thins point. Cant even look like a real Jedi.Look like a power ranger space samurai idiot.

But we will see.

Like someone said before me, those are just two of the items for sale, but I really wouldn't put it past them to make the Republic items look like crap. For example, the Sage Black Hole/Campaign gear appearance. It cost me hundreds of thousands of credits to make sure my Sage doesn't look like a Space Ballerina, so maybe the Darth Nihilius mask would look kind of cool on him now. I don't know.

Actually i agree with OP. Pretty sure most of the things in the store for republic will look like crap. Just see what they made for republic up until thins point. Cant even look like a real Jedi.Look like a power ranger space samurai idiot.

But we will see.

I wish I could make a Jedi Knight look like a Shinkenger.

http://i.imgur.com/RArP8.jpg

It would totally be an improvement over the endgame gear, right?

Darth Nihilus's mask will probably be available only for Empire players.

However bioware must do something about republic players. Hmmmm wait a second.

Revan is a jedi now right? hehe. What about Revan's mask for rep players ;)

He was always in between both side, who said there would be faction limitation in the first place, lets wait for Bioware official words on those.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

But we will see.

I think the problem is, republic-wise, is that most of the best gear is seen by L30ish.

After that they seem to have to go space power ranger-ish to come up with anything new...... without realising that actually they don't have to make stuff different to be nice.

I think your first and most obvious clue was the Darth Malgus figure that came with CE. And the Darth Malgus statue they raffled off. And the Darth Malgus figure you can win again now.

Where is our Satele Shan bust/figure/whatever?

Edited by KyaniteD

I think your first and most obvious clue was the Darth Malgus bust that came with CE. And the Darth Malgus statue they raffled off. And the Darth Malgus figure you can win again now.

Where is our Satele Shan bust/figure/whatever?

They are still trying to unload the original run of Darth Malgus stuff. Remember, they probably spent ordered a crap ton of it all back when they still thought the game was breaking subscription records. Once they realized it was actually doing really poorly, they were stuck with excess inventory.

They are still trying to unload the original run of Darth Malgus stuff. Remember, they probably spent ordered a crap ton of it all back when they still thought the game was breaking subscription records. Once they realized it was actually doing really poorly, they were stuck with excess inventory.

*sigh* You're probably right. Still sucks, though.

Well…for anyone who has doubted that the developers tend to favor the Empire need look no farther than the advertised “rewards” we will be able to buy with our new “Cartel Coins”…hmmm let’s see…oh a Sith Meditation Throne or what’s this…Darth Nihilus’ Mask…yeah…that’s going to look real good on my Jedi Gaurdian…come on guys…WTF…why not go ahead and change the name from “Old Republic” to “Old Empire” and be done with it!

Murrayman

lol, don't forget the Malgus statue in the CE, or, I don't know, the lifesize Malgus statue that we could win a few months ago. or, I don't know, the Malgus statue from sideshow that we can win now.

i'd like to see a few new lightsaber hilts - artis's robe would be awesome (they already love female consular's anyway :p

I'd love to have a jawa shop - jawa's are awesome - or a wookie that can play a chess game :p.

I'd like a holocron of a jedi reciting the jedi code - raven's mask would be awesome. just some ideas

can someone link the suggested items op was talking about? i'd like to see

I would be thrilled if they put some non-form fitting clothes in the game (not the shop unless they are low level and I can easily afford them with my free coins). Seriously all there is in this game is tights or dresses. I feel like my Shadow has something to tell his parents every time I get a new piece of gear.

None of the Jedi's in the movies were running around in jeggings so why is my Shadow? They all wore clothes similar to a gi. Something similar to that should be available for the Jedis. If they can put big puffy shoulder things on everything they can make the pants not look like something a figure skater would wear.

I don't think anyone else noticed, but during the Great Acquisitions Race, the Empire had the toughest puzzle mission, considering it was bugged and allowed multiple players to click at once making it near impossible to complete unless you happened upon the room when no one else was there... and to top it all off it didn't even award the 5 tokens that it was supposed to.

So, don't give me this Imperial favoritism drivel.

I'm sure there will be plenty of goody-two-shoes stuff for you to buy.

:cool:

I would be thrilled if they put some non-form fitting clothes in the game (not the shop unless they are low level and I can easily afford them with my free coins). Seriously all there is in this game is tights or dresses. I feel like my Shadow has something to tell his parents every time I get a new piece of gear.

None of the Jedi's in the movies were running around in jeggings so why is my Shadow? They all wore clothes similar to a gi. Something similar to that should be available for the Jedis. If they can put big puffy shoulder things on everything they can make the pants not look like something a figure skater would wear.

3000 years ago, strong in the darkside, fashion was. :csw_yoda: