Optimization needs to happen asap

hyuplee

It's funny when everyone compares WOW to SWTOR. SWTOR is a beast. WoW is a pussycat.

I play WOW on my NETBOOK. 2ghz single core with 2gb of ram, crappy integrated video and sound. I get about 30fps average in wildy, drops to abotu 15 in Org. This is with a NETBOOK.

My "old" machine is a Phenom x4 9750, 4gb PC10600 DDR2, Zotac GT220 1GB video card, running windows 7 pro 64 off of a 120GB 7200rpm IDE drive. I've been getting anywhere in the area of 35-40 fps in 1680x1050 in open world, drops to 20-30 in fleet. If i run on minimum i get about 60fps (30 in fleet).

New machine up and runnign in a couple days. i7 3770, 16gb ddr3 (1600mhz), Nvidia gt640 1gb, win8 64, seagate 2tb sata3.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know if it's game or my computer. Most of the time i have very high FPS. Exception is fleet with 200+ people on it and when i open some UI elements (like guild window - this one is worst). My game freezes and FPS can drop to 9. Maybe it's just me but try moving and spam G button, you will see great slideshow.

i5 2500K, HD7950, 8GB RAM, Win7 64bit.

• 1 year later...

Specs : i5 3550p 3,1 GHz / 8Go RAM / HD Sata 2To (dirty ol' WD) / Geforce 660 Gtx

using Nvidia Inspector 4x AA 4x SGSSA

around 80 fps BUT... dropping to 30 in pve 8 / 15 in pve 16 / between those two in pvp mass fights

i hate those fps drops.

found nothing to get rid of it. bearable but slowing the game a bit.

i5 with a 570 running at 45-80 fps in operation, not too sure what you guys are doing..

yes because engine programmers = modelers, animators and gameplay designers.

P.s. Cant deny they need to upgrade to 64 bit, multicore and the latest version of Directx.

I can 100% promise it will NEVER EVER EVER, be re coded to be 64 bit. EVER! There is NO MMO developer who has yet to make a native 64 bit game.

Once out in the market it almost impossible to make such a radical upgrade change and it would likely involve Hours if not days of downtime to recompile the base engine and game.