The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Combat Logs are enabling auto KB after charge

wolfmith

If I don't get my KB off as soon as a Mara Leaps at me, I consider myself to have messed up.

When I know a Mara is going to Leap, I wait for the Leap > KB to be sure it goes off right away. I don't want to be waiting on the GCD.

This is one of the most basic combat moves ever. Pressing 1 button after someone charges you. The OP was trolling but the people backing him up need to use hotkeys more.

ofc you don't... but happens that sometimes you're not simply alone, in the middle of nothing, get charged and instantly KB the Warrior, right ?? sometimes you're in the middle of your rotation and it's pretty awkward when people get the KB right after a charge when they're busy with something else. But ok, every Merc is Pro nowadays, I don't get why is so much easy to kill them on my Sorc since you guys are all so skilled. I really need to improve my eagle reflexes.

What you are suspecting is BOTing. BOTing doesn't even need Combat logs, because Combat Logs are just saved version of what occurs in a temporary file and Bots only need one of them. If Combat Logs weren't enabled, bots could still work using temporary files.

What you are suspecting is BOTing. BOTing doesn't even need Combat logs, because Combat Logs are just saved version of what occurs in a temporary file and Bots only need one of them. If Combat Logs weren't enabled, bots could still work using temporary files.

Someone finally brings something decent to the conversation. As I've said before, the combat logs might not be the cause, I don't usually look for ways to cheat, so I don't really know what they use. All I'm saying, is that some people's KBs are different than everyone else's. Who does an instant KB in the middle of a team fight right after a charge ? yeah, I know, they're all pros

Edited my first post, trying to be a bit clearer about what I'm saying

Edited by wolfmith

What do you mean by "in the past", OP? Hacks are STILL being used in PvP. Ran into a few earlier, in fact. The instabomber that ran up to the door and somehow planted a bomb while being lit up by our entire team in Voidstar. Then the same dude was in Civil War and did the same thing. Capped a turret while being shot up, and in record time. He's been reported by everyone multiple times, and hasn't been banned yet.

What do you mean by "in the past", OP? Hacks are STILL being used in PvP. Ran into a few earlier, in fact. The instabomber that ran up to the door and somehow planted a bomb while being lit up by our entire team in Voidstar. Then the same dude was in Civil War and did the same thing. Capped a turret while being shot up, and in record time. He's been reported by everyone multiple times, and hasn't been banned yet.

well, I haven't seen those problems in the past weeks. I've seen speed hacks and someone capping without getting dmg from AOE or being able to target them before, but I assume something has been done since I don't witness those noob tactics anymore.

There's something kinda squirrely happening lately, though i tend to lean more towards lag/bug.

Like this morning when 3 of my teammates were fighting a sin. I leaped into the pack, and somehow the sin had instantly changed target to me (i saw his target indicator switch to me) and had me eletrocuted instantly before i even landed. That was some fancy target switching for someone who had 3 melee enemies beating on top of him, and saw me leaping from a second ledge to him. My tab targetting in swtor kinda sucks, if i'm surronded by people, tab-targetting is not usually going to tab to the person i want to target... But perhaps there's something i don't know that someone can enlighten with.

Another time i was on my sin in stealth, snuck up behind a PT on a lonely node and spiked him. After the animation for the spike, i saw his target switch to me instantly, and he had me electrocuted while he was falling to the ground. He got up instantly and proceeded to beat on me while i was cc'd.

I guess you could attribute both to lag and/or bugs though. Though i find it odd that both these instances were against members of the same guild..

As far as I know there's no such thing as auto knock back or whatever you are talking about.

It sounds like conditional reaction where you can spam in something like WoW's cast sequence macro.

However in this game macros dont exist and external macros like those came in Razor mouses or any of those programmable keyboards with macro support but those do not have the capabilities to detect ingame status change (buffs debuffs). What does this mean? it means if u include KB in your spam macro (assuming you have a macroable mouse/kb) the KB will fire off no matter what as long as its off CD.

It's also possible that the commando queued up the KB for someone else attacking him and you happened to charge him.

IMO it's kinda ridiculous to complain about KB automatic reacted or not. ALL the charging abilities in this game carries shorter cooldowns compare to the knockbacks e.g warriors/knights/PTs/VGs charge on 12-15sec CD vs Sorcs/Snipers/Mercs KB which is at much longer CD of 30 seconds and they can knock you back 5 to 7m where you can just wtfly in from miles away (30m).

With the current melee domination you sure got some balls to complain about something like KB. Yea we all know mara/sents/PT/VG are so underpowered they should all get the automatically built-in 4 second CC immunity when they charge right? While you are at it might as well take away the KBs from snipers and gunslingers since they hit so hard already and make charge/leap able to go thru cover like its not even there.

Edited by warultima

With the current melee domination you sure got some balls to complain about something like KB. Yea we all know mara/sents/PT/VG are so underpowered they should all get the automatically built-in 4 second CC immunity when they charge right? While you are at it might as well take away the KBs from snipers and gunslingers since they hit so hard already and make charge/leap able to go thru cover like its not even there.

What part of "I'm not complaining about KBs, I'm not asking for nerfs, I'm not QQing about the game mechanics" did you not understand ?

there is a recent post complaining about hackers exploiting the game for PvP, but someone complaining that some of those hacks might be auto-KBs is completely out of mind. I won't give more food to the trolls, Bioware will do something about it if they want and I'll report anyone who I think it's using this, farewell.

What part of "I'm not complaining about KBs, I'm not asking for nerfs, I'm not QQing about the game mechanics" did you not understand ?

there is a recent post complaining about hackers exploiting the game for PvP, but someone complaining that some of those hacks might be auto-KBs is completely out of mind. I won't give more food to the trolls, Bioware will do something about it if they want and I'll report anyone who I think it's using this, farewell.

tl;dr especially the qq ones

Sorry I didnt read all the rage qq you replied in this thread...

good job reporting the hackers tho dont think bw can do anything about it neither...

oh and what kind of hacker use auto kb anyways. sometimes kbs should be saved and strategically used. Who ever that "hacker" is must be ultra really terrabaddish terrible. Sorry he still owned you with his "uber haxxxxxx that automatically knock you back" tho.

Edited by warultima

Like this morning when 3 of my teammates were fighting a sin. I leaped into the pack, and somehow the sin had instantly changed target to me (i saw his target indicator switch to me) and had me eletrocuted instantly before i even landed. That was some fancy target switching for someone who had 3 melee enemies beating on top of him, and saw me leaping from a second ledge to him. My tab targetting in swtor kinda sucks, if i'm surronded by people, tab-targetting is not usually going to tab to the person i want to target... But perhaps there's something i don't know that someone can enlighten with.

basically you're saying. 'this guy was too skilled, he has to be cheating' lolol

to be fair, there's a feature now that does 'predictive' tab targeting. which will show you who the person will tab target to next

to be even more fair. that's assuming he tab targets anyways. he could have clicked you(some people click everything, some people only click targets and press keys for abilities, and some people use tab targeting and dont click anything)

Edited by FourTwent