Combat Logs are enabling auto KB after charge

wolfmith

Edited, trying to make it a bit clearer

I'll try to explain better. I do PvP since the beginning of the game, though with a Sorc. I PvP a lot with my marauder and lately, when I charge some people, I get a KB too fast to be good. Sometimes I'm not even on the ground and I'm already getting the KB. I find this a bit odd, specially in the middle of large team fights, that in the middle of the struggle, someone gives a KB that fast. Too all the morons trying to troll, I'm not complaining about KBs, I'm not asking for nerfs, I'm not QQing about the game mechanics.

The game had problems with hacks in the past and I'd like to get a serious answer if it is possible or not to do this. I don't know if it's through the Combat Logs, through something else, I don't care how they do it. All I care is that it's awkward the speed some people repeatedly hit the KB when they're doing other stuff.

Edited by wolfmith
Post a bit unclear

I have no clue what you're talking about. Usually the first thing I do when I charged is a KB and a stun then run for my healing life. I do it pretty quickly but it's certainly not automatic. I can't even begin to fathom where combat logs come in to play.

Some people give instant KB right after you charge on them. One thing is getting charged and get kocked back 1GCD latter, other is getting it right after you land on them. And the same happened more than once. It's more than pure luck or skill -.-

People with knockbacks have probably gotten accustomed to having someone leaping to them and hitting their knockback ASAP to get said person off of them. Basic strategy, this is not what you're thinking of, move along

are you kidding me ? -.- with all the roots ingame, they hit the KB everytime they get rooted ??? -.-

whatever. I have done PvP since the beginning of the game and I know the usual gameplay of it. As if the game never had problems with people speed hacking or similar noobish tactics, right ? everything is perfect in wonderland and people just need to L2P, right ?

Some people give instant KB right after you charge on them. One thing is getting charged and get kocked back 1GCD latter, other is getting it right after you land on them. And the same happened more than once. It's more than pure luck or skill -.-

It's not instant or Automatic. It's called 'concussion charge'. The reason you may feel like it is instant, is because the second you force charge someone, they get rooted, so they have the entire time you are in the air to hit one button. Takes some speed, but totally doable. I have done similar with my Marauder (Gotten a Saber Throw off midair as I am being knocked away from someone).

Edit: When I had started writing this, no one had explained it.

Edited by criminalheretic

People with knockbacks have probably gotten accustomed to having someone leaping to them and hitting their knockback ASAP to get said person off of them. Basic strategy, this is not what you're thinking of, move along

This.

I have a Naga mouse so my KB is always within a fingers reach. You land on me, then you land back over there. No hacks required, just pressing some buttons chief.

But anyway...

It's Concussion Charge dude.

Yes people are fast enough to press it when you are in mid-air.

Yes many people assume when they are rooted with no other accompanying animation, that a Mara or Jugg is on the way.

Yes they are disappointed when it turns out to be a Jugg, who's immune to cc/roots/kbs for 4 seconds after their leap.

If I overloaded everytime I got rooted, I would never have it off CD to be able to use it when required. It's no use to try to bring something strange to this forum, the amount of trolls is just too big. whatever, keep up in wonderland.

But anyway...

It's Concussion Charge dude.

Yes people are fast enough to press it when you are in mid-air.

Yes many people assume when they are rooted with no other accompanying animation, that a Mara or Jugg is on the way.

Yes they are disappointed when it turns out to be a Jugg, who's immune to cc/roots/kbs for 4 seconds after their leap.

I know all the mechanics ingame, the only thing is just that I've seen many WZs so far and only a few people do this, which I think it was a bit strange, since it's more smart to wait a CGD to see if it's a charge or a sniper or a sorc or even a veng jugg.

If I overloaded everytime I got rooted, I would never have it off CD to be able to use it when required. It's no use to try to bring something strange to this forum, the amount of trolls is just too big. whatever, keep up in wonderland.

When you set your combat log to enable "Auto KB after Leap" there is no coolsdown to your KB. It goes off every time someone leaps, even if you're afk having a smoke outside during halftime of huttball. (Halftime is the minute between 7:00 and 8:00 left in the game.)

But I don't know why anyone uses auto KB from combat logs anymore. I use auto stealth from the volume menu.

As I recall, they can spec it to a 12 sec CD, same as Annihilation specd force charge.

Well, it happened in low lvl PvP, so I don't think the guy had that much practice with the class (unless he was lvling the exact same class on other Faction) and it happened when I jumped on him from bellow Huttball platforms where he wasn't looking unless he was running with his camera twisted which is an odd thing to do when you don't have anyone around. Like I said, once, it's ok. Twice, good luck, more than that I continue to think it's odd. Maybe people are really good at it, but I still think it's odd when it works well so often. I have 70ms and btw, do you know what "server" lagg is ? I wasn't talking about connection lagg.

NERF COMMANDOS!

No but seriously lol? The advantage that commando/merc knockback has over Consular (and Inquisitor? not sure if animation is the same) knockback is that the Merc/Commando one is pretty much completely instant (well, the commando one. Dunno much about the Merc animation I guess). If they see you coming, or they aren't targetting anyone at the time and you suddenly appear as their target, they're gonna knock you back midair. If they don't see you coming they're gonna knock you back the instant you land because it's really obvious when a Mara appears out of nowhere and proceeds to attempt to violate your face. The really good ones will take an instant to count the lightsabres and make sure it will actually work, but if they aren't good at doing this quickly they may consider it better to just reflex knockback and accept the risk.

given the way tab targeting works, it's hard to imagine someone bothering to tab to the leaper, lineup a stockstrike, and then not know the number of sabers. that said, you have bigger problems if you're pvping with a kb on ss cuz it means you're in the worst possible tree in the game. Edited by foxmob

I get what you're trying to say. Commando's hit their KB too fast, even though they shouldn't see you coming, right?

Well, here's some insight for you. Commando's are often targeted because a lot of them are healers. Now when you're in the centre of attention, you need to learn how to survive. One of these tactics is to hit your KB, and get used to hitting it at the best moment possible. It takes practice, but if you have a commando in the 50's brackets, you better be sure it will force you to use the KB. And besides, Commandos don't have interrupts.

I call it instinct, and I'm willing to bet that it's not some sort of cheap tweak.

And another thing, I'm not sure how everyone adjusts their camera, but I keep mine way out there, especially in Huttball. Think of something among the lines of Diablo 3 when I PvP. My line of sight is huge.

So there you go, if you're not happy with what everyone has posted in this thread(on topic), then I think you should leave SWTOR and... play Mario?

If I don't get my KB off as soon as a Mara Leaps at me, I consider myself to have messed up.

When I know a Mara is going to Leap, I wait for the Leap > KB to be sure it goes off right away. I don't want to be waiting on the GCD.

This is one of the most basic combat moves ever. Pressing 1 button after someone charges you. The OP was trolling but the people backing him up need to use hotkeys more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.