The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Looking for a 5k hit

MatticusFinch

Heya VGs, this is a general shout out to get some advice to get a vanity 5k hit medal in warzones. Here's the background:

My current character is this (should be able to see gear, spec, stats, etc): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7ea80818-84d6-4387-9d66-984099d91ace

My current range for HiB crits is 3.8-4.4k, on the norm. If I'm taunted, I'll hit a little less, if I get the red buff candy I'll hit for more, but that's obvious. The point here is that I'm still rather shy of the 5k hits yet I do see some pyros I play in rateds hit that number (don't play other VGs very often). I'm not complaining that I'm not doing good damage, because I still put out good numbers overall. I just want to know what people who are hitting 5k are doing to get it. I ask because I'm close to maxing gear out so there's got to be something more specific than that.

Here are my thoughts, I can stand to lose some surge (~80) and, even more so, crit because of the set bonus from the eliminator making up for it. In its place, I'd put power, since that doesn't hard cap. Suggesting that I switch to power augments instead of aim isn't a good boost either as bonus damage would only go up 6 points, and I'd lose about 1.5% crit. In practice, this means swapping out the crit/surge relic with the WH power one. I'll augment the WH pieces when I get them with Advanced Reflex Augment 22.

So, any help y'all can offer?

Thanks!

Edited by MatticusFinch

You have all that and you can't get a 5k crit? JK. but really, try not targeting a tank =)

Care to expound a little here? If you've hit 5k, I would love to hear the breakdown of the circumstances. If not, then I'm afraid that not targetting a tank is high on the list of obvious advice.

Heya VGs, this is a general shout out to get some advice to get a vanity 5k hit medal in warzones. Here's the background:

My current character is this (should be able to see gear, spec, stats, etc): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7ea80818-84d6-4387-9d66-984099d91ace

My current range for HiB crits is 3.8-4.4k, on the norm. If I'm taunted, I'll hit a little less, if I get the red buff candy I'll hit for more, but that's obvious. The point here is that I'm still rather shy of the 5k hits yet I do see some pyros I play in rateds hit that number (don't play other VGs very often). I'm not complaining that I'm not doing good damage, because I still put out good numbers overall. I just want to know what people who are hitting 5k are doing to get it. I ask because I'm close to maxing gear out so there's got to be something more specific than that.

Here are my thoughts, I can stand to lose some surge (~80) and, even more so, crit because of the set bonus from the eliminator making up for it. In its place, I'd put power, since that doesn't hard cap. Suggesting that I switch to power augments instead of aim isn't a good boost either as bonus damage would only go up 6 points, and I'd lose about 1.5% crit. In practice, this means swapping out the crit/surge relic with the WH power one. I'll augment the WH pieces when I get them with Advanced Reflex Augment 22.

So, any help y'all can offer?

Thanks!

i think i got this. you need to pick up a second power relic. and your spec isnt optimized for the "big hit" try this spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMbZMcZfhrbzGhMc.2

you also need to to finish all you augments with AIM. then you need to bring down your tech crit to about 32-35% and replace that crit with power. replace at least 1 of your accuracy enhancements with power/aim as well.

I get 5ks a lot. my highest is 6600. you can see it all on my live stream videos. just click the link in my sig.

i think i got this. you need to pick up a second power relic. and your spec isnt optimized for the "big hit" try this spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMbZMcZfhrbzGhMc.2

you also need to to finish all you augments with AIM. then you need to bring down your tech crit to about 32-35% and replace that crit with power. replace at least 1 of your accuracy enhancements with power/aim as well.

I get 5ks a lot. my highest is 6600. you can see it all on my live stream videos. just click the link in my sig.

That's a good point on spec optimization. My hope is to not have to sacrifice AP to get the hit in the interest of timed burst; however, it may not reach it. I'll work on finishing the gear and then try some of your power optimization ideas. In the short term, I suppose I can try the respec and see where I stand. Thanks for the tips!

More power, much less crit.

QFT

Change out your aim augs for power augs when running eliminator. My assualt spec currently has 922.3 tech bonus damage... can't remember what my ranged bonus is, but I get my 5k medal about 75% of the time. I'm at work now but can post my gear specs later if you'd like to see them.

Oh, and I use this spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsZfhrbzGhMM.2

Edited by KBsFuRy

Semi-Related, but I quite often get 5k hits but no medal. Like I see the white floaty saying 5017 but nothing, or more often I will get a lesser medal if I dont have it yet, like a "quick draw/killing blow" medal.

Ya, I hate this. I think it happens when your target doesn't have 5k health left. So even though you see the big numbers flash on your screen, the hit will only register what ever the amount of health he had left.

Stack Aim, Power. and Surge (except for implants), use either 8/2/31 or 7/3/31 spec and you'll be hitting 5k HIB's left and right.

My armory link: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8cb655f0-77ae-4d73-b396-c6fd538a8a85

With Exotech stim you can get over 1k tech bonus damage with that while still having respectable crit % (26/30).

Edited by iNeXxS