more skill points

calleverybody

While leveling you gain a grand total of 41 points (1 for each level from 10-50). You are free to use those points in any of the trees as you see fit, you can put them all into a single one if you so wish or put them in totally different ones. It's all up to you really.

so i reached level 50 and i still have things i want to unlock on my skill tree. i gained new levels of legacy but no skill points. is this all the ones i am going to get? do i really have to use just one tree to level all the way up? :mad:

You don't need everything in just one tree. There are likely better things in other trees. Typically, you'll want the final item in a tree and once you get that, you'll probably want something from the bottom of other trees.

i have mine in 3 trees, but what i am saying is that i want to keep those items and get more skills. 41 is just not enough if your using more than one tree.

Well, that is the point. You have to make choices. They give you enough to fill one tree and take 10 from another. You have to make choices.

Well, that is the point. You have to make choices. They give you enough to fill one tree and take 10 from another. You have to make choices.

Exactly, it would be a bit...unbalanced if you could fill up multiple trees. I wouldn't be surprised that when the level cap is increased they let you have a few more skill points to use, they might rework teh skill trees as well.

i have mine in 3 trees, but what i am saying is that i want to keep those items and get more skills. 41 is just not enough if your using more than one tree.

Balancing the AC would be a huge pain (worse than it already is) with more skill points. Most activated abilities fall at the 11, 21, and 31 ranges. With more skill points, you'd be able to get more activated abilities which would definitely cause issues (not that I'd mind being able to get Force in Balance while keeping Slow Time on my Kinetic Shadow, but I understand why the limitation is in place).

It's a limitation by design, like most MMOs (except for TSW, which is a complete exception to the norm).

Edited by Andryah

but your already a level 50 player. you should be able to keep gaining more skills. and if were going to be stuck at level 50 then use the legacy leveling up to give us the skill pts. I hardly play my level 50 because I'm not moving up and no more new powers.

Right now the current skills point limit is connected directly to your 10-50 lvling. SO you are limited to just 41 skill points to cleverly spend on certain tree's.

It is a way for the Dev's to balance the game play fairly.

As far as being able to get more. That would likely come in the way of an expansion pack that allows you to level past 50. Something of which I have not seen any announcement about.

Right now the current skills point limit is connected directly to your 10-50 lvling. SO you are limited to just 41 skill points to cleverly spend on certain tree's.

It is a way for the Dev's to balance the game play fairly.

As far as being able to get more. That would likely come in the way of an expansion pack that allows you to level past 50. Something of which I have not seen any announcement about.

I thought the new planet was supposed to include a 5 level cap raise.

i cant make the powers i have right now stronger? the only thing i have to look forward to is purple gear. My toon display powers during the cinematic that i don't have access to.

Expansion pack should be just new content not unlocking new powers.

I dunno this is my first MMO . Each expansion gives you what 5 more points or something?

You should read the idea I just posted in the Story and Lore section. It deals with expanding our Stories and Missions based on our Light and Dark Level so that we have more to do even after we reach Level 50.

But...

I did briefly mention a idea which I said may be a bit much that dealt with changing our abilities based on our Light Side and Dark Side Level. Like say if you are a Sith and you do a lot of Light Side stuff and gained a certain Light Side Level that you could essentially start to change and gain Light Side Abilities and loose a bit of Dark Side abilities and vise verse.

It is just an idea and is not really what you are asking for since you are looking for adding more and more abilities instead of swapping them out for others or having a mix of Light and Dark abilities in a sense or a mix of trees. In fact the idea is more like respecting the abilities which we can already do in the game. My brief idea was more in going from one Classes Abilities to another. Only dealing with Jedi and Sith going from Light to Dark or vise verse.

It was a radical idea that popped up while thinking about another idea, so I just tossed it out there as well.

Personally though. I think that if they were to give us more Skill Points that it should come when they increase the Level Cap. But it should also give us more Abilities in each tree as well. Having enough skill points to max out all the abilities seems a bit much to me.

doing more than one tree helps me become a dps or healer for this one toon. well do a better job. i dont want to be a healer all the time sometimes i want to dps. what about maxing out just two trees?

thats the point of the game (all single and MMO games), to cant be 2 types at once.

buy the skill tree changer from character perks and pay to change them whenever u like, u start from 0 to 50k which is the cap, and every Tuesday it will reset and start from 0 again

Edited by Kissakias

^ This. Any MMO I have played it's been like this. Make choices. Sometimes there are pros, sometimes there are cons. This is the way MMO's work. Wait until there is a level cap increase at which point we may or may not see an increase to point allocation.

you mean i have to wait a week to pvp? because being a healer and pvping is not a good match. sure i can heal my self but whats the point if i cant defend my self. losing health faster than i can heal. its better to be a dps in pvp and healer in the flashpoints.

Also getting gear is just getting gear, i want new powers or my lightning to be at level 10 . something like that. Being a healer sucks when you need to fight , reason why i do all 3 skill trees but i cant max them out. if i want to max them out i have to wait every week to change them. and then for that week i am a maxed out healer for ops and flashpoints.

that sucks.

A side note, the inquist. story line was all about gaining power. now i am level 50 and i am just gaining gear. The dread masters said they would teach me, now i see they are my enemy (***). i was so looking forward to learning just one new power with them. exp. pack maybe. but they already screwed it up.

yikes, you call yourself a healer but you dont max out the heal tree?

Hope your not planning on running ops

Personally I also the hybred for my dps characters (but 2 trees, 3 trees just silly and gimps yourself) so I get the hybred concept but I also get why they limit skill points

In theory it forces players to design THEIR CHARACTER

OP just wants a god character with all the skills,

thats boring

Oh and for person saying 100000 cartel coins = 5 skill point pack, you forgot the natural extention of that equation

5 skill point pack = subscription immediately cancelled

Dont do B2W games and giving tOR benefit of doubt but a move like that would erase any doubt.

Oh and for person saying 100000 cartel coins = 5 skill point pack, you forgot the natural extention of that equation

5 skill point pack = subscription immediately cancelled

Dont do B2W games and giving tOR benefit of doubt but a move like that would erase any doubt.

I agree with you on cancelling my subscription if this ever happened, but in the pit of my stomach i have this feeling that packs of skill points will be there for sale maybe not for 10,000 but for some figure.

p.s your avatar reminds me of kris kristofferson, and who would have thought he would be a Jedi....lol

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

I can't tell if this is trolling or not. I am going to assume it's trolling since he is ignoring everyone's clear feedback and leave this thread.

I call troll for not understanding the concept of a game..You only have so many skill slots, and balance. I can just see a Guardians (maruaders?) with DPS AND TANK speck fully filled...talk about OP. Or in the case of heals/dps drop down a crit AOE HoT and proceed to crit with hight damage..Nope, no problems here.