Do you want them to make a 7th movie?

DragonAgeOrgins

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get over yourself, and get a clue while you're at it. If you had ever read the Thrawn Trilogy, you wouldn't even be spouting off. Go troll someplace else, bro.

am not trolling GL made star wars what it is not fanbois claiming they no better i have been trying to read the SW books in chronological order for over a year now am on chapter 4 of the first book, it might be that book only but its nothing compared to what GL has given

am not trolling GL made star wars what it is not fanbois claiming they no better i have been trying to read the SW books in chronological order for over a year now am on chapter 4 of the first book, it might be that book only but its nothing compared to what GL has given

So you're the biggest GL fanboi out there. Got it. Welcome to my ignore list. Enjoy your permanent stay. :p

So you're the biggest GL fanboi out there. Got it. Welcome to my ignore list. Enjoy your permanent stay. :p

you not going to see this but i will say it anyway

no i just have respect for the man who created star wars, and will not bash him i liked the new films i also like clone wars, both cartoon and cgi versions off it, what i don't like is fans thinking they know the lore better than GL does and think they know better how the story should be written

you not going to see this but i will say it anyway

no i just have respect for the man who created star wars, and will not bash him i liked the new films i also like clone wars, both cartoon and cgi versions off it, what i don't like is fans thinking they know the lore better than GL does and think they know better how the story should be written

Ok, I'm just going to say this once. George doesn't know HALF the Lore of Star Wars, since he never reads the Expanded Universe novels or comics. Now, I highly suggest you stop spouting off when you literally have no clue what you're talking about.

That's the last "view post" button I'm hitting. You attacked me first, bro. So keep attacking. You won't accomplish jack squat. lol

Ok, I'm just going to say this once. George doesn't know HALF the Lore of Star Wars, since he never reads the Expanded Universe novels or comics. Now, I highly suggest you stop spouting off when you literally have no clue what you're talking about.

That's the last "view post" button I'm hitting. You attacked me first, bro. So keep attacking. You won't accomplish jack squat. lol

STARLOG: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"

LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."

i think that sums it up

i was wrong for what i said and i do apologise

i like GL's star wars you like everyone else's star wars its just a matter of taste

and the stupid statement award goes to this guy

What? He is absolutely right. Lucas is an incompetent writer, and an incompetent director. He's a good cinematographer though. Let the grownups play in the sanbox now George, you'll get to roll in all the dough, don't worry.

he wrote the feking thing without him there would be no star wars the person who wrote that book didnt just pick his ideas for that book from the air it all came from what lucas already built and made him self, the SW fans really P me off lucky am not him because i would of stopped selling the rights to SW along time ago after a made my first 100mill show you all how much SW needs the person who made it

He might have, but his wife took everything so he was forced to get back into Star Wars and to the prequels to become an über billionaire again. Go to IMDB and read what Lucas originally wanted for Star Wars, and how it was changed by the studio. Lucas' version is more like Willow. Had Lucas gotten his way, there would be no Star Wars today. If it hadn't been for the hard work of fans keeping Star Wars alive for 20 years, there would have been no interest in the prequels. Have you ever watched Lucas in action on the DVDs? He goes into the creature shop were artists have carved out two dozen busts of different creatures and says "I like that one." That's the extent of Lucas' creative input into the Star Wars series. We can all see he wrote Phantom Menace in one draft with no rewrites and absolutely no grown-up input.

He might have, but his wife took everything so he was forced to get back into Star Wars and to the prequels to become an über billionaire again. Go to IMDB and read what Lucas originally wanted for Star Wars, and how it was changed by the studio. Lucas' version is more like Willow. Had Lucas gotten his way, there would be no Star Wars today. If it hadn't been for the hard work of fans keeping Star Wars alive for 20 years, there would have been no interest in the prequels. Have you ever watched Lucas in action on the DVDs? He goes into the creature shop were artists have carved out two dozen busts of different creatures and says "I like that one." That's the extent of Lucas' creative input into the Star Wars series. We can all see he wrote Phantom Menace in one draft with no rewrites and absolutely no grown-up input.

it must just be me then because i liked all three of the new trilogy there where some things i didn't like don't get me wrong like how he made obi look stupid in the old ones by having him chill with R2-D2 for three new ones but all in all the fight scenes where amazing compared to the old films, i mean the fight between ani and obi in RotS is the best fight scene in all 6 movies

everyone complaining about ani being a little cry baby that's how most people would react after finding out there mum was butchered by sand people, having visions of your wife dying plus all the pressure of being called the chosen one he also had palp twisting his ear since he came to coro its enough to make anyone crazy

what about luke he was a whiniy little banth poodoo father like son :D but no one ever bring that up

Edited by liammozz

There's enough pointless Revan worshipping without films of those books.

obviously you either havn't read the Darth Bane novels or you can't read at all.. cause they have nothing to do with Revan worshipping...

obviously you either havn't read the Darth Bane novels or you can't read at all.. cause they have nothing to do with Revan worshipping...

Minus the part that the rule of two turned out to be Revans idea and Bane was just the one who implemented it right?

It's obvious that there will never be any more movies, just shows and video games.

Not trying to be rude but there is no point while we all know the facts that George Lucas has stopped walking that path for Star Wars.

Plus Ep 7-9 was actually combined into Ep 6 (hense the sudden change to Leia being Luke's sister and the Emperor being killed off so fast).

Edited by Eillack

Minus the part that the rule of two turned out to be Revans idea and Bane was just the one who implemented it right?

still not relivant ... Bane's story leads him to wipe out all the Sith except for himself. Then he finds Zannah to be his apprentice. Bane saw all the old orders of the Sith to be weak so he set out to begin his rule of two. I don't care if Revan thought of it 3000 years before Bane.. obviously he was too cowardly and weak to wipe out the Sith order to implement it. Anyhow Darth Bane trilogy.. would make good movies. All I'm saying. :)

I can't help but think the entire series was around Darth Vader and his fall to the dark side.

Well, you're right. The story of Star Wars ends after Vader dies in RotJ.

"There will definitely be no Episodes VII–IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married." - George Lucas, 2008

Ok, I'm just going to say this once. George doesn't know HALF the Lore of Star Wars, since he never reads the Expanded Universe novels or comics.

Actually, Lucas does know the lore of Star Wars better than anyone.

The EU is not his Star Wars. It's not part of the story he created. They are two different lores. He really doesn't need to know the lore of some alternate universe that's based on his creation.

Edited by billyboyjennings

Actually, Lucas does know the lore of Star Wars better than anyone.

The EU is not his Star Wars. It's not part of the story he created. They are two different lores. He really doesn't need to know the lore of some alternate universe that's based on his creation.

Actually, Lucas SHOULD know the Lore of the "alternate universe" so crap like what happened with the Prequels doesn't happen. He has even used stuff from the ExU for the movies (Aayla Secura, Mandalorians, Coruscant, etc). However, he doesn't read it, or so he says. If he DID read it, and spit in the authors' faces on purpose.... Oh wait! He did that too! He doesn't like something in the ExU that he hears about, he calls up Leland and says "Change it. I don't like it." or something like that. Examples include the Original Jedi Code (not restrictively worded enough for him), Wookiee Jedi (he doesn't want any more Wookiees to become Jedi), Vibroswords stopping a Lightsaber (didn't like it, changed it).

You can't have it both ways, man. Either he does, or he doesn't. Lore is Lore. Doesn't matter if it's the movie Lore or the Expanded Universe Lore.

And in answer to your sig, Boba Fett is alive and well in the post-RotJ C-Canon universe after an override exception to G-Canon was made. Deal with it. :)

still not relivant ... Bane's story leads him to wipe out all the Sith except for himself. Then he finds Zannah to be his apprentice. Bane saw all the old orders of the Sith to be weak so he set out to begin his rule of two. I don't care if Revan thought of it 3000 years before Bane.. obviously he was too cowardly and weak to wipe out the Sith order to implement it. Anyhow Darth Bane trilogy.. would make good movies. All I'm saying. :)

Bane, a character created by Lucas himself for the Prequels and later expanded upon in a series of books written by Drew Karpyshyn who was lead writer on KoTOR/TOR, creator of Revan and wrote the book Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan, made Revan the single most critical point of the entire series.

Bane finds a holocron created by Darth Revan, on Lehon (Rakata Prime, the unidentified world at the end of KoTOR) which informs Darth Bane (whom according to Lucas created the Rule of Two, not Revan) about why there shouldn't be more than two Sith, and contains detailed plans for the construction and use of the Thought Bomb, which Bane manipulated Lord Kaan into detonating on Ruusan, killing thousands of Jedi and Sith except for Darth Bane and his new apprentice Darth Zannah.

Nope, Karphyshyn in no way made his creation of Revan/Darth Revan an integral point to the formation of the Banite Sith Order and the Rule of Two, which was entirely responsible for the rise of the most powerful Sith Lord of all time, Darth Sidious aka Emperor Palpatine.:rolleyes:

Edited by Fyurii

Actually, Lucas SHOULD know the Lore of the "alternate universe" so crap like what happened with the Prequels doesn't happen. He has even used stuff from the ExU for the movies (Aayla Secura, Mandalorians, Coruscant, etc). However, he doesn't read it, or so he says. If he DID read it, and spit in the authors' faces on purpose.... Oh wait! He did that too! He doesn't like something in the ExU that he hears about, he calls up Leland and says "Change it. I don't like it." or something like that. Examples include the Original Jedi Code (not restrictively worded enough for him), Wookiee Jedi (he doesn't want any more Wookiees to become Jedi), Vibroswords stopping a Lightsaber (didn't like it, changed it).

You can't have it both ways, man. Either he does, or he doesn't. Lore is Lore. Doesn't matter if it's the movie Lore or the Expanded Universe Lore.

And in answer to your sig, Boba Fett is alive and well in the post-RotJ C-Canon universe after an override exception to G-Canon was made. Deal with it. :)

To be honest I agree with the "no Wookiee Jedi", I always thought it kind of silly to have a Wookiee become a Jedi. I do wish that he would get more involved with the Expanded Universe (in a positive way) I think it would be great if he prevented something like The Glove of Vader, but I agree that anything that already exists should stay a part of the lore and should remain unaltered.

Edited by Tuscad

[quote=Captain_Zone;5069544

Snip

Now as much as I hate the arguement "Its his universe", in your case it does in fact work

It is in fact his universe, and if he doesnt like something and he has every right to change it, he will. I mean think of yourself in his position, if someone made something different that greatly affected your universe and you didnt like it, you wouldn't change it?

Edited by BrandonSM

Now as much as I hate the arguement "Its his universe", in your case it does in fact work

It is in fact his universe, and if he doesnt like something and he has every right to change it, he will. I mean think of yourself in his position, if someone made something different that greatly affected your universe and you didnt like it, you wouldn't change it?

The irony being 30-year-old, scrawny, scrappy George Lucas would beat the ever living crap out of 60-year-old, tubby, lazy George Lucas for the changes he's made to his universe.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs