Do you want them to make a 7th movie?

DragonAgeOrgins

I can't help but think the entire series was around Darth Vader and his fall to the dark side. How about we take the movie where they left off. Let Luke Skywalker's sister take to the Dark Side and embrace the sith teaching and have them square off in an epic duel.

I can just see Luke about to strike his sister down but can't and his sister kills him. It just cannot end. There will always be Sith corruption in the galaxy. Those couldn't been only two sith in entire galaxy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not?

Because it is done far too much, confuses a ton of people and hard work is thrown out of the window just to conform to someone else's idea of Star wars, it is ridiculous and needs to end, just make original stories set in other times, stop stomping on other people's works, there is no need, the Post-ROTJ may not be for everyone but it's done and dusted, we have the blocks laid down already, we have an enormous amount of books that would be made completely irrelevant and the future novels (Eg. FotJ) are going to be shafted as well by something like this, just leave it alone.

If they make another trilogy or whatever it should be in a totally different time period with completely new characters. A thousand or two years in the future wouldn't be a bad setting.

I agree with this and would like it.

I can't help but think the entire series was around Darth Vader and his fall to the dark side. How about we take the movie where they left off. Let Luke Skywalker's sister take to the Dark Side and embrace the sith teaching and have them square off in an epic duel.

I can just see Luke about to strike his sister down but can't and his sister kills him. It just cannot end. There will always be Sith corruption in the galaxy. Those couldn't been only two sith in entire galaxy.

No. If they do it will have to be a totally different time period. There are too many novels out there that this scenario would not work with.

Because it is done far too much, confuses a ton of people and hard work is thrown out of the window just to conform to someone else's idea of Star wars, it is ridiculous and needs to end, just make original stories set in other times, stop stomping on other people's works, there is no need, the Post-ROTJ may not be for everyone but it's done and dusted, we have the blocks laid down already, we have an enormous amount of books that would be made completely irrelevant and the future novels (Eg. FotJ) are going to be shafted as well by something like this, just leave it alone.

I can't help butt wonder how exactly they are "stomping on other peoples work" by creating a new movie. It has been reported that the final 3 movies in Star Wars, wasn't even written by George Lucas. I don't know if that's true. But they made three movies in 80's, and 3 just expanding "other side of story"

Why not make a movie about the future of the series or from the view point of prescriptive of Sith lords or something. There's obvious a big interest since we are still using the game.

I would love for it to be an epic battle with Luke Skywalker and then perhaps having him become the new Emperor or something cool and epic.

I can't help butt wonder how exactly they are "stomping on other peoples work" by creating a new movie.
Everything from Heir to the Empire to X-wing: Mercy Kill would get rofl stomped if Luke was killed by a darksided Leia or if Luke became the new Emperor. 20+ years of work gone and invalidated... I would be mind ****ed because I am very familiar with the canon and it would be undone. Edited by Tuscad

I can't help butt wonder how exactly they are "stomping on other peoples work" by creating a new movie. It has been reported that the final 3 movies in Star Wars, wasn't even written by George Lucas. I don't know if that's true. But they made three movies in 80's, and 3 just expanding "other side of story"

Why not make a movie about the future of the series or from the view point of prescriptive of Sith lords or something. There's obvious a big interest since we are still using the game.

I would love for it to be an epic battle with Luke Skywalker and then perhaps having him become the new Emperor or something cool and epic.

So you would take Luke and make him to become an Emperor and do away with 20+ years and the fact that he is the Grand Master of the Jedi. I think you will find many people that would have a very serious problem with this not counting the fact you would have destroyed 20+ years of novels.

If they do, I think it is time for a less juvenile story.

Mr. Lucas has told his every story set in space (farm boy loses his family and goes on quest to save civilization with the help of a wizard and a ragtag band).

- Arcada

if the books a G-cannon then they wont get messed up they would be included, i for one have never understood why the fans think they should be the ones who have a say on how the story should be written they never had a say in the first three films so why now?

fans say they dont like the original trillogy because of the over use cgi if the original trilloy was made now and not back then does that mean they would of been just as crap and star wars would of been crap personally i dont think they would.

the only thing i don't like about the new trilogy is the fact obi didn't even recognise R2 besides that they where food films

imho C3-P0 was just as annoying as jar jar, but no one ever complains about him

i for one have never understood why the fans think they should be the ones who have a say on how the story should be written they never had a say in the first three films so why now?

I would add to this that the very worst and most forgettable of literature and media are generally the most custom-designed for audience approval.

- Arcada

Personally, I would love to see another Star Wars movie.... as long as George Lucas had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

I know. I KNOW! It's never going to happen. But in that instance, I would like to see it. Preferably made from the Thrawn Trilogy.

Edited by Captain_Zone

There's a ton of material from all the books that have continued the stories of the skywalker family. I would love to see movies be made out of the Yuuzhan Vong War or some sort of HBO mini series telling the stories of ancient jedi's and sith. Like Marka Ragnos or even how palpatine became sidious :csw_yoda:

Personally, I would love to see another Star Wars movie.... as long as George Lucas had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

I know. I KNOW! It's never going to happen. But in that instance, I would like to see it. Preferably made from the Thrawn Trilogy.

and the stupid statement award goes to this guy

Nah I think it goes to you for the comment I just quoted, it was completely unwarranted and unprovoked.

he asked for a star wars film without any involvement from gorge lucas

how is that not stupid it would be the same as asking for a new nightmare on elm st but wes craven cant have anything to do with it

I can't help but think the entire series was around Darth Vader and his fall to the dark side.

Uuuuh. That's what the series WAS about. That's the story of the Star Wars movies, the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker. Lucas has stated this before.

he asked for a star wars film without any involvement from gorge lucas

how is that not stupid it would be the same as asking for a new nightmare on elm st but wes craven cant have anything to do with it

Lucas didn't direct V or VI. Star Wars doesn't need Lucas to suceed, if you have read Heir to the Empire you would witness this firsthand.

Lucas didn't direct V or VI. Star Wars doesn't need Lucas to suceed, if you have read Heir to the Empire you would witness this firsthand.

he wrote the feking thing without him there would be no star wars the person who wrote that book didnt just pick his ideas for that book from the air it all came from what lucas already built and made him self, the SW fans really P me off lucky am not him because i would of stopped selling the rights to SW along time ago after a made my first 100mill show you all how much SW needs the person who made it

They did, it was called The Clone Wars :rak_06:

And it was the worst thing to ever happen to the saga. (yes even worse than Traviss)

he wrote the feking thing without him there would be no star wars the person who wrote that book didnt just pick his ideas for that book from the air it all came from what lucas already built and made him self, the SW fans really P me off lucky am not him because i would of stopped selling the rights to SW along time ago after a made my first 100mill show you all how much SW needs the person who made it

The prequels overall were subpar, and TPM was an unmitigated disaster. The new TV show, wich is heavily infulinced by GL is even worse (at least as far as retcons go). I have the utmost respect for the man for giving us this wonderful universe, but it has outgrown him. If a seventh movie means one less "Heir to The Empire" or "X-Wing" or heck even a "Glove of Darth Vader" or "Crystal Star" in continutity, its too high a price to pay.

Edited by TheBentOne