will be Makeb free in F2P?

LUCASCASADEIS

Kinda stupid if I'm paying for a sub and not getting much out of it.

Exactly. Im honestly surprised he said that at all. To me, even the fact that they are discussing it is a slap in the face. Im thinking he put it out there on purpouse to guage the community. They will push the boundries, on what people find acceptable or not acceptable. They will pinch every penny they think they can get away with.

They have given us nothing but PR spin since the begining. I see it and its why I chose not to resub. I was perfectly willing to wait for content but Im tired of getting lied to. My sub runs out tommorow and they wont be getting it back.

here is the quote from the recent interview

Its with Jeff Hickman. He is now, pretty much the boss.

link to the whole thing is here: http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

Well he doesn't really says much. He certainly doesn't confirm anything. I guess it would depend if they'll launch it as an expansion or not. And if it is an expansion then they will probably have more than just Makeb in it and most likely a continuation on the class story.

I know, we have gotten what so far? 3 main game update, a temperary rare items vendor and 2 events with the core game.

Well 1 update came a week after the game came out so it was just a late added update. Everything in 1.3 should have been implanted in the game at launch. 1.2 is the only real update with new content . Most of the classes got thrown out the window with this last event.Looking at it we haven't gotten much. And if we haft to pay for future stuff when we should get it for free for being subscribed dosnt seem fair.

Edited by Newyankalt

I know, we have gotten what so far? 3 main game update, a temperary rare items vendor and 2 events with the core game.

I wouldnt even call it 3 updates. 1 update was leftover from what they couldnt get in at launch. 1 update was quality of life that should have been in at launch. 1 update was stuff that I would call an update. IMO we have only gotten 1 true main update, 1 decent world event and 1 half baked world event. IMO they have removed more from the game, since beta, then they have added to it.

Exactly. Im honestly surprised he said that at all. To me, even the fact that they are discussing it is a slap in the face. Im thinking he put it out there on purpouse to guage the community. They will push the boundries, on what people find acceptable or not acceptable. They will pinch every penny they think they can get away with.

They have given us nothing but PR spin since the begining. I see it and its why I chose not to resub. I was perfectly willing to wait for content but Im tired of getting lied to. My sub runs out tommorow and they wont be getting it back.

i am agree for pay makeb i mean, they nee dget money, the made a game for get money, do u understand? i am fine paying makeb becaue it's fair, don't leave from swtor man, don't be stupid evertyhing wil be fine

here is the quote from the recent interview

Its with Jeff Hickman. He is now, pretty much the boss.

link to the whole thing is here: http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

Wow, that is disgusting that he could even be considering charging for Makeb.People have been paying their sub since January with barely any new content, and now he thinks we would be willing to pay them even more money. Might I ask why anyone would even bother paying a sub. I'm sorry but this is so wrong, it would be a real kick in the teeth for people who have stuck by this game. I'd love to see his face if he did this and saw the mass cancellation it would cause.

Edited by Cordelia

Wow, that is disgusting that he could even be considering charging for Makeb.People have been paying their sub since January with barely any new content, and now he thinks we would be willing to pay them even more money. Might I ask why anyone would even bother paying a sub. I'm sorry but this is so wrong, it would be a real kick in the teeth for people who have stuck by this game. I'd love to see his face if he did this and saw the mass cancellation it would cause.

As Soluss has said many times: EA is going to keep pushing and pushing until they can't push no more, they want to make money now. They don't have patience and will not give this game a chance to mature, they are going to take an axe to it for quick money. They'll push too hard eventually and what is left will go away save for the inevitable 500 that Bioware cannot do wrong by.

Well why? It's called an expansion. Every MMO does it. I never played much WoW, but with Lich king i think they introduced Northrend (or whatever it is called) right? I mean that is pretty much equivalent to a planet in TOR isn't it? So, again depending on the amount of content introduced with Makeb it is perfectly fine to make it into an expansion and have everyone pay for it. And if they do that then f2p players will have some kind of content on Makeb they'll be able to play, obviously not everything, but a fair bit. If it is another update and it doesn't have as much content as an expansion could potentially have, it will most likely be subscribers only, with f2p having to pay to unlock it. I hope that made sense lol. :D

Well why? It's called an expansion. Every MMO does it. I never played much WoW, but with Lich king i think they introduced Northrend (or whatever it is called) right? I mean that is pretty much equivalent to a planet in TOR isn't it? So, again depending on the amount of content introduced with Makeb it is perfectly fine to make it into an expansion and have everyone pay for it. And if they do that then f2p players will have some kind of content on Makeb they'll be able to play, obviously not everything, but a fair bit. If it is another update and it doesn't have as much content as an expansion could potentially have, it will most likely be subscribers only, with f2p having to pay to unlock it. I hope that made sense lol. :D

Don't make me laugh. An expansion, one planet an expansion does not make. Proper expansions include new classes, new races and whole new continents not one 'planet'. I use planet loosely as in TOR a planet is basically a zone. Northrend was a whole continent full of zones, there was a new class, new raids and new dungeons. basically it was truly an 'expansion' of the game not just a content update.

I'm shocked that people seem so willing to pay for every little update in this game when they already pay a monthly sub and comparing Makeb to a WoW expansion is just plain insulting to Blizzard.

Don't make me laugh. An expansion, one planet an expansion does not make. Proper expansions include new classes, new races and whole new continents not one 'planet'. I use planet loosely as in TOR a planet is basically a zone. Northrend was a whole continent full of zones, there was a new class, new raids and new dungeons. basically it was truly an 'expansion' of the game not just a content update.

I'm shocked that people seem so willing to pay for every little update in this game when they already pay a monthly sub and comparing Makeb to a WoW expansion is just plain insulting to Blizzard.

^This. I'm, sorry, really, but if you are willing to pay more cash for one planet, you're being kind of stupid with your money, especially on top of paying for a sub. Paying for one planet just is not justifiable, by any means. I would consider something like

FFXI: Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan, Rise of the Zilart, Wings of the Goddess are expansions.

==Rise of the Zilart==

A new story line for the regions.

7 New regions, new places to level, YAY!

5 New zones you could also level in.

Roughly 16 new different mob types.

3 new classes: Ninja, Samurai, Dragoon. Happy happy joy joy!

New endgame content in addition to relic weapons/armor.

==Treasures of Aht Urghan==

Even more story for the region.

5 New and huge regions, even more places to level, YAY!

Roughly 29 new mob types. Even more **** to kill!

3 more classes: Puppetmaster, Blue Mage, Corsair

More endgame (I think, I dont quite remember)

Minigames: Pankration, Chocobo Racing. Something to do other than grind or sit in Aht Urghan Whitegate when you're finished with EG.

When I started the game, the core game itself, RotZ, CoP, and and ToAU was 20-30$. If you're paying any where near that (and I'm sure you will), you're paying too much for a planet.

If you think 1 lifeless planet is worth being called an expansion, I worry about future generations of MMO gamers and the gaming companies they brainwash in to believing this is worth their money... Seriously... Because you're rewarding them for more half assed ****, telling them everything is okay with your wallet, and so they will continue to do it.

You'll finish that planet and then you'll sit on fleet. >.>

Edited by Katsuragisama

Well no i'm not saying that it should be just Makeb. I'm thinking that if they do an expansion, they could implement Makeb, the Cathar, the new level cap along with new storylines and a bunch of other stuff. I was just saying that if they actually had a decent amount of content to put out they could call it an expansion and have us pay for it, and i would be perfectly fine with that.

Well no i'm not saying that it should be just Makeb. I'm thinking that if they do an expansion, they could implement Makeb, the Cathar, the new level cap along with new storylines and a bunch of other stuff. I was just saying that if they actually had a decent amount of content to put out they could call it an expansion and have us pay for it, and i would be perfectly fine with that.

If they added a JTL type space update to that I would be quite happy for it to be called an expansion :D

I could see Makeb and Cathar being together, maybe. But nothing beyond that. Nothing like pod racing or anything. They dont even have any info on the Super Secret Space Project, that's been in the works for over 9 months now. Without something like that, all you're going to do is finish that planet and end up right where you are now, sitting on the fleet. :mad:

I could see Makeb and Cathar being together, maybe. But nothing beyond that. Nothing like pod racing or anything. They dont even have any info on the Super Secret Space Project, that's been in the works for over 9 months now. Without something like that, all you're going to do is finish that planet and end up right where you are now, sitting on the fleet. :mad:

Heh, considering it took me 7 months to go to 50, i'll be on Makeb for a very long time buddy. But that's just me. :D

Even subscribed players might end up paying for it. Check out the link where they say that it is still up for discussion whether or not to charge sub players for Makeb. Says it at 9:35 of the video.

Well yeah exacly. They might. They might have it everyone pay, or they might not. It's all pretty much guesswork right now.

Edited by dosadnik

Just the fact that they are considering charging for 1 planet is enough to worry me. That and the fact that some subbers here on the forum think that its ok. If the devs bother to read any of these threads, you can be sure that they will ignore the majority and hold up the handful of responses from the defenders as evidence that the community is ok with it.

I dont mind (and have always expected to) pay for expacs. But not what amounts to a content patch.

If they could manage to get all their different teams working on diff content to finish up at the same time ie WZ Ops FP HK51 Cathar etc and released it as a bundle, it would still be a very small expac, and they have already said thats not happening. So its gonna be a bunch of content updates and in the subs model you dont pay for them. Now it seems the rules have changed and its Gouge time.

I jumped ship from LOTRO to here cos i was sick of the intrusive cash shop and F2P fiasco. Seems like i gotta find something new again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.