GA Event = Amateurish Design

mleischer

Haven't had any issues. Switching instances helps a lot of the time. Also, almost all of the quests can be done in groups. I always get to one of the objectives with people standing around it and just start inviting people to group. One of us usually gets the click fairly quickly and done. Really isn't that bad.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another problem is other seem to be able to blow them up too, leaving you with none and an angry invulnerable mob. :eek:

I just stuck my DPS companion on him, kept her healed and the shot down the boxes as they spawned, the boxes short out his shield but it's his droid that replaces it. Take out the droid 1st .

It's a MMO, what were you expecting?!? of course your going to have to fight with other players to get the item, especially if you feel you need to do it the second the content is released.. If you don't like it then stick to single player games, then you don't have to compete with anyone.....

Boggles the mind that people expect MMO's to center only around them..... If you have better ideas for world events then by all means post them with detail information on how every mechanic works....

You didn't actually answer my question? Do you consider it to be "fun". All I was expecting was what I would expect from any game, and that is FUN. What I do not expect from anything that would call itself a game is to be not 'fun'

It's a MMO, what were you expecting?!? of course your going to have to fight with other players to get the item, especially if you feel you need to do it the second the content is released.. If you don't like it then stick to single player games, then you don't have to compete with anyone.....

Boggles the mind that people expect MMO's to center only around them..... If you have better ideas for world events then by all means post them with detail information on how every mechanic works....

Um, I pay $14.99 a month for this, and I expect it to center around me, just like a million other players do. If I'm expected to pay, I'm expecting to get fun, THAT CENTERS AROUND ME - so is everyone else. If it's not doing what I want, I won't be playing, and neither will you the way this is going. This event is 5% fun, 30% trying to clicky something that should be instance or have more spawn points, and 65% running around looking for smuggler boxes. I expected them to take the success of the Rakghoul Plague and improve on it - that didn't happen unless my mind will be blown by Another Lead tomorrow. 10 quest, half of which at least have serious design flaws for a limited event. No event specific social gear, just recolored tusken gear - sorry, sand people gear. Weapons usable by 2 classes, recolored pet and lame mount. No world boss for this event ? One Codex entry ?

I want to have fun. This event is not fun.

I just stuck my DPS companion on him, kept her healed and the shot down the boxes as they spawned, the boxes short out his shield but it's his droid that replaces it. Take out the droid 1st .

When I was doing it there was about 10 people there randomly clicking stuff and a bit of PvP going on too, it was pretty much chaos. :D

Um, I pay $14.99 a month for this, and I expect it to center around me, just like a million other players do. If I'm expected to pay, I'm expecting to get fun, THAT CENTERS AROUND ME - so is everyone else. If it's not doing what I want, I won't be playing, and neither will you the way this is going. This event is 5% fun, 30% trying to clicky something that should be instance or have more spawn points, and 65% running around looking for smuggler boxes. I expected them to take the success of the Rakghoul Plague and improve on it - that didn't happen unless my mind will be blown by Another Lead tomorrow. 10 quest, half of which at least have serious design flaws for a limited event. No event specific social gear, just recolored tusken gear - sorry, sand people gear. Weapons usable by 2 classes, recolored pet and lame mount. No world boss for this event ? One Codex entry ?

I want to have fun. This event is not fun.

Exactly! What I don't get about the people defending this event is that they aren't saying, "This is fun and here is why" they are saying, "This is what an MMO is; deal with it" At the end of the day if they want my money; they better make the game fun, and I think there are plenty of examples of Fun Events out there, i.e. the Rakghoul Plague; still in an MMO, but FUN

You would think that a large company like EA would give Bioware the resources it needed to produce quality content. It almost seems like they are just released half-done stuff that they barely had the time and/or funds to do.

That Other Game's events are better designed. If you're at the cap, they give you a boss that you can kill daily for some nice items. Capped players also got a series of achievements to get if they were so inclined. Lower level players would get the extra xp from going from point A to Point B, so they had something to do. Everyone had collectables to get. See? Better designed as something for everyone without everyone fighting over clicking stuff in a small area.

Bioware needs to learn that it's mistakes like this are contributing to their sub bleeding.

And as opposed to last time, where you had to get in within the first day or two to obtain all of the pieces of gear, this time they have restructured it so that you can farm the boxes and obtain numerous sets of the gear as desired.

...!

Maybe I missed something, but I don't know what you mean by "numerous sets of the gear as desired". What gear?

The sand people outfit? Did we really want another one? And then a couple of guns. Show me where there is numerous anything.

I went ahead and bought the busted speeder. Had to do something with those comms. Honestly, it's my fault. I should have tried to find the event vendor first and then decided that I did not want any of that crap. Instead, I wasted my time getting the first 6 pieces and gathering boxes only to find nothing to purchase with them. I am glad, however, that some people enjoyed it. I did enjoy running some of the missions. I just wish there had been some kind of viable reward.

Exactly this. It is a race, after all. Haven't you noticed all the little NPCs pretty much killing each other (or at least arguing) over this Event. Makes perfect sense to me.

Also, I haven't experienced a whole lot of waiting. There were a couple of quests where I had to wait my turn, but it wasn't so bad. If everyone starts grouping up the whole thing goes much faster.

Grouping? in an MMO? you must be kidding ;)

in all seriousness i totally agree, waiting wasn't all abd, we grouped up in 16 man ops groups and it went prety fast, i even completed the event on 5 chars, where i did 4 chars on same day, i waited to have all quests unlocked to do it on my alts, and surprisingly enough, yesterday, there was almost no queues for the quests, the quest that took me lonfgest was the aparatus where ypu had to get those boxes ;)

ended up with a tusken set on all chars, pet and mount on main, and the lvl 34 and 50 bow for my trooper :)

and that all for one afternoon of farming, not bad :p

Having ran through it after the click piles/wars dispersed, it was a decent event.

Not as good as the Rak event by a fair way, but still ok.

However the bugs (which shouldn't have gone Live - no way, no how) and the horrible click-pileness of many of the things you had to do really dragged the event down, which is a real shame, because with a bit of thought they could largely have been avoided.

What Bioware should have done is instead of all the mass clickings, should of just had it that you can do X quests per day and get Y items. So after a couple days or so you can turn in for a reward. The turn in should of been repeatable, that was the biggest mistake.