A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) .... There's enough tedious traveling in the game as it is, especially in repeatable quests. In the Black Hole heroics for instance, Imperials can just jump off the ledge to their deaths to return back to base, without wasting Quick Travel. But Republic players have to walk all the way back out of their instance without mounts if they don't wish to waste their Quick Travel. Why not just let players kill themselves?

You know that that gap at torvix is not meant to be the death jump by design, the enemies you facing there can push you over the edge. Lets not be ridiculous! No need for suicide, if they just have added another elevator for exiting the area.

However when people feel like they have to do this daylie but don't want t to spent the time for it, we have to ask our selves if those daylie missions were a good idea in the first place

or if the player base is to greedy. Maybe both

I agree with your points from 1-4, and the top half of 5.

6,7,8 see spoiler

Edited by GorZie

Simple Notepad

It was probably mentioned somewhere here, but I would like to see some simple version of in-game notepad. It does not need any special functions, just type/copy/paste. If this notepad content could be stored in plain .txt format under user profile it would be even better. (you could edit it while not in the game)

Extended mail features

Would be nice to have extended functionality of the mail interface. eg. to have separate section for quests/story mails, separate section for auction related mails and your normal communication. Or even better, to have it customizable by player. Could you also consider possibility to disable old mails deletion?

Radar/map tweak

Having option to turn on players indicators on the radar/map like you have it in PvP would be a nice addition. It does not need to cover whole instance, just the area nearby. For sure, let user to turn on/off this filter

Stuff like optional chat bubbles, barbershop, sitting on chairs or more toolbars were discussed quite heavily on the forums, so I am just putting them there without further details.

Edited by Kyarc

Simple Notepad

It was probably mentioned somewhere here, but I would like to see some simple version of in-game notepad. It does not need any special functions, just type/copy/paste. If this notepad content could be stored in plain .txt format under user profile it would be even better. (you could edit it while not in the game)

This is a terrific idea, and it reminds me of a (minor) papercut I have that could combine a notepad with better mail features.

I want to be able to keep/save my mail. The letters from NPCs specifically. Especially the letters you get from your companion when you marry him/her. I've gotten some nice mail over the course of leveling and those letters from your companions are actually very special. I'd love to be able to either mark them to not be deleted or to save them some other way. Right now I've been taking screenshots of all the mail I get, but it's not quite the same.

social points for doing pvpwould be nice as working in a group to obtain an objective seems like it should be awarded social points== doesnt have to be much

10 for a loss

25 for a win

just an example but any would be better then none

this is yet another major annoyance. How is completing a PvP objective/warzone with 7 other people not garner social points?

It's not like it'd take a lot to code it in. Its just more giving the middle finger to the PvP community, in my view.

Paid server transfers.

Seriously.

I created a new alt to play with some real life friends and now that character has become my main. My two other 50s are stuck on a server that I don't care to play on and I want them transferred to utilize them with people I know, and I'm willing to pay to do it. I still can't figure out why the delay on paid transfers. The "shut up and take my money" meme seems to come to mind here.

Most of mine have already been mentionned, but here are my paper cuts. The new ones have an * at the end.

1. shared legacy bank

2. saving of keybinds

3. "remove all mods from armor" button in the armoring mod interface*

4. save friends list / ignore list for all characters*

5. guild calendar

6. when after in a group of more than 2 people and one or two people leave and you are left with a group of 2, fix the companion bug that they don't respawn after mounting and dismounting.

Just remembered another:

Make the inbox scroll bar stay put! Most of the time my mailbox has a lot of items in it. Eventually I need to clean it out. If I scroll down to the bottom (oldest) and pull out my money and item from an expired auction, the letter automatically deletes itself (which is fine), BUT the stupid scroll bar in the inbox scrolls back to the top! This is incredible annoying when I need to pull out many mails that are about to expire.

Change the default roles for Group Finder to be unchecked (making people have to select them).

Have been in groups were people didn't realize they were supposed to be healing because it was defaulted on and they didn't change it.

I think I found a solution to the uselessness of commendations after you leave said planet- trade them in for a higher tier commendation, IE- trade 2 tatooine commendations to get an alderaan commendation.

That's exactly what they had in beta, but it was removed before the game went live.

Personally, I'd rather they just condense them into one "planetary commendation" category and get rid of all the individual planet ones.

Map/Mini-map

• Allow hiding/change color of low level quest giver markers

• Change color/icon for Heroic quest givers

• Allow hiding of group member quest objectives

• Allow zooming from Planet Map to individual zones

• Map pinging

Check out my post (linked below). I'm trying to compile the multiple posts/threads of people looking for updates to the quest giver icons.

Quest Giver Icon Update (Combined Multi-Threads)

One of the things that kind of irks me is that the flamethrower on my bounty hunter is a little buggy. Flames sometimes continue to spew out of the guantlet even after the attack has stopped. Sometimes this happens when I get stunned during its channel. The way I usually stop this is wait until the battle is over and recuperate.

I can't remember the same thing happening on my trooper when I use the mirror attack pulse cannon. Either this means that there is no bug for the trooper, or it is somehow more difficult to reproduce.

Also, could we make the in game windows draggable. I want to be able to move them all over the screen and have more than 2 open simultaneously.

Edited by af_raptura

I see lots fo good stuff as I graze these pages, but I have not read them all. I rarely visit the forums these days because I'd rather spend my time playing. I did hear of this thread and wanted to check it out. Lots of good stuff.

My general opinion is games should be challenging, not tedious.. eg. Challenging: Fighting a champion, two elite and two strongs to get that chest behind them, and both the mobs and the chest respawn at the same time and are ready for the next player. Tedious: Killing the same strong or weak mobs through five respawns over a 10 minutes while waiting for the chest to respawn. Challenging: A four person heroic mission that upon completion gives you a token to see a vendor in the crew skills area for a stack of mats. (More below on my idea for crafting dailys/weeklys). Tedius, Riding around in an area when your not even questing there to farm up mats to make stuff.

Tedius: Why are there grey drops to begin with? " Hey, lets make useless stuff to clutter up bag space, so people have to go to vendors if they want to hold on to stuff they actually want!" Ifits eonomics your worried about, make mobs drop more credits, not more greys. Also, end game isnt the only game, for some of us anyway. Some of use enjoy the pre 50 content you guys put so much effort into making. So lets try to make it less something you endur until you get to the gear grind. So keep in mind if you read the suggestions below, I mean for all levels.

I am definitely on board with the Legacy wallet/bank. Being a altoholic/craftoholic, logging into toon after toon trying to find out which one has all my Aluminum is not entertaining. Also, I would love to be able to send a companion with mats I farmed to the Legacy bank. I'd love to put Aug slots I made be usable from any bank. logging in and out of toons= Tedious, Everything is right there= Not tedious.

Crafting Dailys: My idea for this is missions of appropriate difficulty to the level of mats you can recieve. Similar to the World Boss quests that are out now, with the exception that even if you are over level, you can still do them. So, Crafting Daily I should be a four player Heroic mission for which they recieve a token to bring to a vendor in the Crew skills area on fleet and cash in for one stack(99) of Level 1 green quality mats: Desh, Silica, Aluminum, Rubat, whatever you need. Then have a Weekly Level I crafting mission: Again, a four player heroic mission, that rewards you a token to buy a stack of say 50 level I Blue mats or 5 purple level one mats. Even if you change the numbers a bit, I still think its a prtty good idea. Esp since UWT seems to be Cloth friendly and metal hating. Also, challenging group play VS tedious farming :) Weeee!

Also; I know this isnt in the spirit of a 'papercut' but the end game gear progression could be spaced out more a bit. How about multiple difficulty levels instead of two? Like 4 or 5 difficulty levels for 4 player instances, then get into raids with maybe one more difficulty level. With progressive gear to match. (Yes, I mean 5 tiers of 4 person gear before you reach raid gear.) This will accomodate individuals and groups with a broader range of skill levels.

PvP: Pre 50, the gear shouldn't be 20, 40, end game. Sure, PvP for some descent pieces to PvE with, but make level 15 glove, level 17 belt. level 20 modable chest or legs, make them more pertinent to the game over all.

Pre 50 relics: Make some usable by those of mixed lightside/darkside levels. There should be more to the game than end game.

I can hear my companions complete a mission while I am windowed out but I missed the FP qeue I was in...that needs work.

Space Combat; For what it is its pretty cool, but it not relevent to any other part of the game. It should be optional, sure. I would love to see it incorperated into PvP and even Fps or Ops. Multi tiered group combat that incorperates a space combat element. Assaulting orbital defenses, then ground defenses before engaging in ground combat.

Thats all for now. Sorry tl;dr

Edited by Kelbun

Is it just me, or does the resolve bar in PvP not work? Seems plenty of times my resolve bar was full, but I'd still be stunlocked to death.

Drop the resolve bar. How about once you've been stunned you cant be stunned again for 1 minute.

I think I found a solution to the uselessness of commendations after you leave said planet- trade them in for a higher tier commendation, IE- trade 2 tatooine commendations to get an alderaan commendation.

Note: The mods and armors can be RE's by cybertech to learn purple without all the mats. Atleast the one you are capapble of learning anyway.

The toxic stockpiles for Republic quest Burnoff on Taris have a horribly long respawn timer. I stood around waiting for one to respawn (after someone else ninja'ed it while I was killing 'ghouls) and the ghouls in the room respawned 4x before the stockpile did.

Read through about 8 pages and didn't see my issue listed, so here goes.

Guild tab NEEDS to be re-designed. Almost every single guildy has been unable to find guild information (website, Mumble details, etc) because they do not know that you can scroll in the Guild MotD and Guild Description boxes. There needs to be either a scroll bar put in, or the guild description box needs to be more than just 1 line so they realise there is more information in there.

I know it's not an easy fix, and it would be a clipping nightmare, but I hate being bald when I wear a hood, too.

I've got the 'emo' haircut. With the face I chose, when I'm magically bald while wearing a hood, I've got a HUGE cranium that I just can't take seriously when my character looks up for whatever reason. It's hideous. I look AWFUL. And worse yet, I'm an Inquisitor, so it's not as simple as just throwing on a mask (Black Hole/Campaign mask just doesn't count).

I know this isn't an easy fix, but really, it's EXTREMELY ugly.

Please Please Please........

Make Rakata crafted items bind on equip or at the very least, legacy so at least can make for alts,,,,, :eek::eek:

Really BOUND to the crafter..... /sigh

this is a quick fix Devs.... And one of the smaller quick wins you could give crafter community

thanks for reading this thread,,,, :D